FOUNDMONEY.COM | Golden Skate

FOUNDMONEY.COM

K

Kzarah

FOUNDMONEY.COM

Have you looked into FOUNDMONEY.COM. My partner Kevn and his father, (late father) names are in there with undisclosed amounts. We can really use the money. Does anyone know if this is legitimate? Has anyone or anyone you know ever collected any from this or other like websites? We would really like to have your input.
Daniel and Little Lulu

S

Show 42

Re: FOUNDMONEY.COM

I don't know, Daniel.......the website asks for credit card information.....sounds a little "fishy" to me.........42

G

Grgranny

I wonder if there isn't something like the Better Business Bureau on the internet. Also, sometimes you can email your local news channels and ask them a question. I do that every once in a while about something and they have always answered me. I even suggested they do a thing on mercury poisoning from tooth fillings. Of course, they asked the regular dentists which wouldn't tell the truth. If it's not dangerous, why do they go to so much trouble to not touch the stuff!!!!!!

R

rgirl181

Daniel,
Under no circumstances would I give any credit card info to this site. There are ways of finding forgotten or inactive accounts or if the IRS or some agency or relative owes you money and it wounds like Kevin and his late father fall into one of those categories. I recall seeing something about this on the news but unfortunately don't remember who they said to call, although GrGranny's suggestions sound like a good place to start. If those don't work, you might try an estate attorney or a general practice attorney who gives a free consultation. The money is probably there; I'm just afraid that FOUNDMONEY.COM is going to charge you a lot to get it. Just don't want to see you guys, or Little Lulu, get ripped off. Good luck!
Rgirl

J

JOHIO2

i agree with rgirl - if the money is there, it can be found and without paying some website to tell you where it is.

in most states, unclaimed funds are turned over to the state. here in ohio, you can access a government website and check to see if any unclaimed funds exist for your name. the state agency processes your application - ya gotta prove you are the person entitled to the funds.

"unclaimed funds" could be stocks, bonds, idle savings accounts, refunds and checks that never found the right payee, etc. some of the funds turned over to the government are simply the result of clerical errors - you know, mispelled names, addresses slightly off, people who have moved and the payer or institution didn't bother to check further. ohio and its counties regularly publish lists of funds turned over to the state and you wouldn't believe how often you will see funds owed to defunct institutions (think mergers and name changes) and people who are readily findable if anyone had bothered!

sooooo - check with the states you've lived in and where your relatives live/or lived. the governments are holding lots of money and it really could be yours.

J

JOHIO2

Hi Daniel,

Mathman links to complaints about FOUNDMONEY.

Me, I just happened to chance upon a tv story about unclaimed funds. Here is the link for the State of Ohio:

<a href="http://www.wkyc.com/news/special/cash/" target="top">www.wkyc.com/news/special/cash/</a>

Always knew the local news folks could get my attention!

Good luck (and as I said above, I bet all states have a similar government website to check).