Hope for the Season | Golden Skate

Hope for the Season

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Hopes for the Season

With the new season officially underway, I thought it would be fun to post our hopes for this season. What would you like to see the skaters accomplish by the end of the year.

1. I'd really like to see Inoue and Baldin perfect the thow 3A and have it become a consistent jump for them. A lot of skaters will land a big element but only once or twice in thier careers and then nothing after that. I/B are already well on thier way to making it consistent and I'd love for it to stay that way.

2. I wan't Evan to win his first US championship and I'd also like to see him start skating good shorts so that he doesn't have to comeback all the time. If he could do that I think he can easily win Nationals and improve on his finish at Worlds.

3. I'd love to see I/B take a medal at Worlds. A bronze would make me happy :)

4. I would really, really , REALLY like to see the girls fix thier sprials. The pics from SA and Campbells are just sad. Eveyone is pitched so far forward they are almost touching the ice. Please clean up the positions ladies.

5. I hope Sasha comes back for Nationals

6. I want to see Bebe and Katy Taylor make the World team and Alissa to return to the form that won her the SC title

Last edited:

dutchherder

Final Flight
1. I too would like to see I/B land the throw 3A consistently and medal at Worlds.

2. I'd like to see Michelle Kwan skate-- but I guess that's not going to happen.

3. Belbin and Agosto win World title.

4. I'd like to see both Evan and Johnny skate their best, each with a clean short AND long at Nationals, so they're actually competing.

5. I'd like to see the Kerrs move up in World standings.

6. I'd like to see a few new exciting faces.

7. The return of World Professional competitions and no more cheesefests.

8. Alissa Czisny to skate consistently and recognize her potential.

9. Kimmie Meissner to continue to grow artistically without losing that wonderful freshness.

10. No more Biellmans for anyone but Alissa Czisny.

Geez. I don't want much, do I?;)

Vodka Shot

On the Ice
1) I wanna see Johnny totally and w/out an ounze of mercy crush the competition.:bow:
2) I wanna see the quad either landed or not used.
3) I wanna see more artistry and better choreography esp. in the men's field.
4) I wanna see; not hear blades scratching on ice.
5) I wanna see Scott Smith in a LP costume that doesn't make me wanna barf.
6) I wanna see competitions w/out 'predictable' winners.
7) I wanna see programs w/out people pretending to shoot guns or catch flies.
8) I wanna see interesting and better held sit spins.
9) I wanna see Sasha defend her title.
10) I wanna see Kimmie develop her artistry.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I'd like to see:

1. Katy Taylor stop meandering around out there and give some indication that she realizes that the music is on.

2. Emmanuel Sandhu go 2 competitions in a row without tanking either the short or the long.

3. Shen & Zhao regain their form and dazzle us once again like they did in 03 and 04.

4. All ripped, shredded, stained, torned, and otherwise "distressed" ice dancing costumes tossed into a big bonfire. (Tho I'm not sure that that material would actually burn; some of it I think would just smolder for weeks on end....)

5. All strange-colored eye shadow banned.

6. Kevin van der Perren on the podium; I don't care WHAT competition.

7. Improved results and good showings from Tugba Karedimir and Stephanie Rosenthal.

8. The promising crop of US Junior Pairs actually STAYING TOGETHER for at least a couple of seasons.

I'm sure there's more, this is just off the top of my head.... :biggrin:

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
I would like to see:

Sasha defend her national title and go on to worlds and win.

Emmaunuel Sandhu skate a SP and LP great without tanking.

Dubriel/Lauzon win a world gold title then have cute little babies!!!!

Dube/Davison come back from injury and improve on last year's Rookie season.

Jeff Buttle land his quad and get it overwith or do away with the quad alltogether.

Joannie Rochette defend her Canadian title and win a world Bronze, Silver or Gold medal. I think she can do it now she has to know she can do it too.

That's it for now!

Last edited:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I would like to see:

Dubriel/Laugzon win a world gold title then have cute little babies!!!!

Dube/Davison come back from injury and improve on last year's Rookie season.

Jeff Buttle land his quad and get it overwith or do away with the quad alltogether.

Joannie Rochette defend her Canadian title and win a world Bronze, Silver or Gold medal. I think she can do it now she has to know she can do it too.

That's it for now!

I'll go for those, too.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I'd also like to see Sasha skate a clean competition regardless of whether she wins or not.

THAT TOO!! And to make things complete, she could sit in K & C after her long program and say "All right, people, get off my butt now!!" into the camera; that would be priceless. :laugh: :laugh:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I would like to see e.g.

- Lysacek skating a clean short programme and Weir a clean freeskate
- Sandhu to succeed both in short programme and freeskate
- Hughes and Czisny on the US Nationals podium
- Preaubert and Verner among top five at Worlds
- Poykio to skate well at Skate Canada and Finnish Nationals

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I'm hoping that this season brings...

That the season is less boring that the two openning comps would lead you to believe

Miki Ando to continue to shock & awe ala Skate America...

For the commentators to stop hyping a rivaly between Kimmie & Mao until one actually develops...

That Emily Hughes develops the ability to perform a spiral without my being afraid for her nose...

That Katy Taylor decides to either skate like a senior or move back to the junior ranks...

That Rena Inoue finds another partner or John figures out how to land side by side jumps

That Buttle leaves the quad alone

That skating promoters figure out how to sell tickets to events... the half empty stand look is so sad...

That the season is less boring that the two openning comps would lead you to believe

That's it for now...

hongligl

Final Flight
I'd like to see Shen/Zhao in top form again and have three more classic programs for us to enjoy for a long long time.

I'd like to see Joannie Rochette have good performance through out the season, defense her national title, get better ranking in GP and World.

I'd like to see either Marie-France/Patric or Albena/Maxim win the GPF and World title. I would be just equally happy for them no matter who win. I would say Albena/Maxim have a better chance.

I'd like to see Mao Asada, Yunan Kim, Kim Meissner, Miki Ando and Joannie Rochette all skate clean and artisticly. I would like to see Yunan Kim get a title.

I'd like to see the Chinese girls (Yan liu and Binshu Xu) suprise the world and move up in the ranking.

I would like to see Emily Hughes skate two clean programs and be on the podium somewhere.

I'd like to see Kim Meissner improve her spiral positions.

I'd like to see a lot of Mai Asada, Elena G, Sarah Mesier and hopefully they medal in an event.

I'd like to see a man with a quad or two and on his feet with interesting programs to win the GPF and World title.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
My biggest hope for the season is to see a healthy Jeff Buttle return to competition and win Canadians and win the world title. I would also like to see Shawn Sawyer do well this season and make the podium. My other wish is for D/L of Canada win the world title in dance and our new pairs keep improving and building towards the 2010 Olympics here in Vancouver.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I'd like to see:

7. Improved results and good showings from Tugba Karedimir and Stephanie Rosenthal.
I'm sure there's more, this is just off the top of my head.... :biggrin:

ITA with this one. The other things I really want to see --

(1) The Siudeks end their career with a great skate (and gold medal) at Euros -- at home.

(2) The PetTikhs skate well and not get robbed again

(3) All the skaters to be healthy.

nuge

On the Ice
Shen/Zhao to win worlds one more time .
Denkova/Staviski retain world title and also win Euros and GP
Denkova/Staviski Delobel /Shoenfelder and Domnina/Shabalin to be the Euros podium .
Kerrs to improve and move up .
Kokhlova/Novitski to move up .
Johnny Weir to :rock:

lulu

Final Flight
For the Petikhs to win worlds.

For DelSchoes to win worlds. And for the two other D&Ss (DenStas and DomShabs) to also do well. (It is probably too much to hope that all three D&Ss make the podium). DenStas are looking really good though.

For G&P to do well at US Nationals, and narrow the gap between them and B&A.

For M&T to have a good showing at Russian nats and Euros, etc.

For the Kerrs to jump in the standings in ice dance.

For Elene, Tugba and Sarah to all have a really good season, and have their highest finish yet at Euros/Worlds.

Fossi

Final Flight
My Season Wish List:

1. Sarah Hughes to return to skating and win her first National and World title.

2. Since my #1 wish isn't likely to happen, I am hoping for Emily Hughes to pull an "upset" at Nationals and WIN!! I would like to see Emily shock the World and win her first World title!

3. I would like for Sasha to retire already. She has had her 2 chances at the Olympics (and I rememeber some fans whining about Kwan and her 2 chances) so I think Sasha has had her time. IF Sasha skates at Nationals, I would like to see her have 2 new programs. ENOUGH OF THE SAME PROGRAMS OVER AND OVER!! I know she likes to stay in her "comfort zone," but it's getting b-o-r-i-n-g! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

4. Kimmie Meissner to have a great season.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well if that's the case then Sarah had her chance to win nationals and worlds... and well it didn't happen so it's a good thing she moved on because according to rules you've set, she shouldn't be allowed to continue.

Sasha's 21 years old for crying outloud... she's far from a hasbeen...

2ndmark

Rinkside
Completely agree with the best wishes for Shen and Zhao!

I hope for good, clean skating in general.

Specifically, I too would love to see better (6.0 system) spins... although the footage from SA does not leave me hopeful. The ugly positions continue... especially hideous is the new variation on the sit spin, where the skater grabs the blade, then changes edge and twists then body and free leg. I probably didn't explain that wery well ... but Johnny is doing it in his SP (seen at Campbell's) and some of the girls at SA did it too... perhaps someone else noticed. It is an unfortunate position.