Hope for the Season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Hope for the Season

Fossi

Final Flight
well if that's the case then Sarah had her chance to win nationals and worlds... and well it didn't happen so it's a good thing she moved on because according to rules you've set, she shouldn't be allowed to continue.

Sasha's 21 years old for crying outloud... she's far from a hasbeen...

Hee, hee! I didn't set the rules. I just remember all the whining about Kwan, and so I am applying them to Sasha instead. ;) If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
I never mentioned "age" (or Nationals and Worlds) though. Just attempts at Olympic Gold.
Also, unfortunately in figure skating 21 is "old." I don't agree, but the critics and media tear down the "older gals." But that's a completely different thread.

dutchherder

Final Flight
Then there's the dreadful spin some of the men are doing where they have their feet about shoulder's width apart and they are bending over as if to pick something up off the floor....do you know the one I mean? Yucko. No more of that, please. :no:

nuge

On the Ice
. . (It is probably too much to hope that all three D&Ss make the podium). DenStas are looking really good though.

There's an excellent chance that all D/S will be the euros dance podium .:rock:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Then there's the dreadful spin some of the men are doing where they have their feet about shoulder's width apart and they are bending over as if to pick something up off the floor....do you know the one I mean? Yucko. No more of that, please. :no:

You mean the Butt Spin?!?!?! :laugh:

I think the poilte term i've used for that spin is the "A-Frame spin". Either way i think Sandhu is about teh only guy who i like doing this spin.

Ant

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Hey guys,Did you miss me? Sorry but I don't have a new computer just yet. (Using the one from the Library)

I really hope for this season is the Inoue and Baldwin to try to get on the world podium. I also hoped the all the injured skaters get well again

gio

Medalist
1.Sorry, this is becoming my obsession, but no more flutzing!!!:p
2.A gold medal for Caro at Euros or Worlds.
3.More originality in choosing music.
4.This is impossible it will happen this season but I would like to see a side by side triple axel.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
You mean the Butt Spin?!?!?! :laugh:

I think the poilte term i've used for that spin is the "A-Frame spin". Either way i think Sandhu is about teh only guy who i like doing this spin.

Ant

During the Vancouver Worlds, there was a big full-color front page picture of Eman doing his butt spin on the front page of one of the local papers. An entire city woke up and got Mooned by Sandhu.... :laugh:

Strangely, the first person I saw ever doing this spin was Julia Sebestyen several years ago. I haven't seen her do it in quite a few years, tho.

And since I just mentioned a skater who had a reputation for not putting together both a good short and long, to my wish list I would also add, embellishing on other mentions on this thread of this delightful young lady -- Elene Gedevanishvili putting together a long program every bit as wonderful as her short programs are.

Last edited:

rjulie510

Rinkside
I'm hoping Johnny Weir to get it together and deliver at Worlds -I'd love to see him at least medal at worlds. I really think he has what it takes to win world title IF he gets it together.

I want Yu-Na Kim to do well in her first season and sets herself as a legitimate contender for Vancouver 2010. (I do think her style will translate well to senior circuit.)

I wish Naomi Nari Nam and Themi Leftheris will improve and makes Nationals podium and World team. They're a best talent US pair skating has seen in years. (With consistent SBS triples!!!)

Lastly, I want skaters to remain injury-free.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Also, unfortunately in figure skating 21 is "old." I don't agree, but the critics and media tear down the "older gals." ...

Did someone tell this to Irina? Shizuka -- our reigning OGM is 25? Fumie is close to Michelle Kwan's age. .Just because 21 is old in American figure skating (and it is only the American critics and the American media) that "tear down the `older gals' doesn't mean that the entire sport (or the worlds media or the worlds critics) is the same way.

Eeyora

Final Flight
Michelle Kwan to remain active in the sport
Nam/Letheris make the World team and make the world podium
Dobiazko and Vanagas compen and medal at Worlds
Bebe and Alissa to make the World team
Evan win a National Title
Johnny Weir medal at Worlds
An American pairs team on the podium
Mao to win worlds
Fumie medals at worlds
Elene and Tugba do well

hongligl

Final Flight
1.Sorry, this is becoming my obsession, but no more flutzing!!!:p
4.This is impossible it will happen this season but I would like to see a side by side triple axel.

Give Mao or Kimme(?) a call :rofl:

nubka

Final Flight
I'd like to see Alissa Czisny consistantly landing her jumps, and giving all the other ladies a real run for their money!

I would like to see Sasha defend her National title, and stand on the podium at Worlds, too.

I hope that Emily Hughes has a great season!

twinsissv

Rinkside
During the Vancouver Worlds, there was a big full-color front page picture of Eman doing his butt spin on the front page of one of the local papers. An entire city woke up and got Mooned by Sandhu.... :laugh:

OMG!!! Get that image out of my head!!! Please!!! :eek: Please!!! :rofl:

mkdream

Rinkside
Michelle Kwan remaining active. I don't care this season or next. I just really wanna see her win Nationals one more time.

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
I'm hoping Johnny Weir to get it together and deliver at Worlds -I'd love to see him at least medal at worlds. I really think he has what it takes to win world title IF he gets it together.

I thought he deserved Bronze in 2005 over Lysacek. The judges wrongly gave him pretty low Program Component scores. :frown2:

antmanb

Record Breaker

I can think of worse ways to wake up!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Ant