Mad Cow | Golden Skate

Mad Cow

L

Ladskater

Mad Cow

I imagine everyone has heard about the mad cow outbreak here in Canada by now. It's been traced back to a lone bovine in Saskatchewan. Oh well, something else to plague us! I guess I won't be eating much beef for awhile. It won't hurt me.

Ladskater

C

CartDi

Re: Mad Cow

I've always thought Mad Cow Disease was extremly freaky. I mean, I don't exactly know it started, but something about the cow's brain, etc. I remember when I went to England 2 years ago people were STILL wary eating beef. Hey, even the name of the disease, "Mad Cow", is freaky, eh? Well, I guess it's okay for me because I'm a vegetarian, lol. :(

R

RealtorGal

Re: Mad Cow

<span style="color:red;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">People shouldn't be eating cows anyway. These sweet creatures should be left alone.</span> :D

S

schmooze1

Mad Cow

The Human form of Mad OCw disease is CJD and it is a horrible disease as it is a brain degenerative disease. Yes there was a massive incident in the UK a few years ago which was rapidly followed by the Foot and Mouth Outbreak and basically the beef industry was devastated and is only starting to recover.

Anyway a word of advice, all the beef that is in your shops now is going to be so stringently monitored and tested that the chances of you contracting CJD from it are slim to none ;) I always maintained that I was better off eating beef when all the focus and attention was on the industry because nobody could afford to be complacent or careless in their testing and monitoring. A bit like going bungee jumping with a school who have just had a bad accident happen because they will all be on high alert ;)