I found a new place. | Golden Skate

I found a new place.

K

Kzarah

I found a new place.

I suppose you have heard me complain of loud neighbors, and the slum conditions I was living in. For years we have been looking for the right place. We never wanted to have connecting walls again. We were tired of listening to other people's conversations, farts,fights, love making and drug deals. So, two weeks ago my friend calls and says there was a house across the street that was for rent. We were willing to spend $1,250.00 a month. The house is $1,250.00 a month exactly the amount we wanted. My partner Kevin, has lived in our appartment for 20 years. I have lived there for 12 years. Anyway we got the house. So, at the last minute we had to begin packing and moving twenty years of nicnacs, furnature, memories, etc. Yesterday we finally got every last thing packed and move in. I feel like we are living in Fred Sanfords house. Our garage is packed to the ceiling in boxes. Most are unmarked. I may need some decorating tips particularlly with unsitely space heaters, etc. Anyway we are all as happy as can be. It took Little Lulu a couple of days before she would come out from under the bed covers. But, now she is very happy and has a lot of room to run and play. I'll have to get back with you soon on all the details. Hope to have pictures soon.
Love
Daniel and Little Lulu

D

dlksk8fan

Re: I found a new place.

Hi Daniel. Moving is never easy but at least it was only across the street. I just moved so I know what you are going through. The best way to get those boxes unpacked to to have someone help you. My friend came over a few days ago and unpacked my whole kitchen! I wanted to stop but she kept me going. So take one box at a time until they are all unpacked which could be months from now:p

Enjoy your new place.

G

Grgranny

I'm really happy for you. Will be anxiously awaiting those pictures.
I probably won't be here for a while. Having a family reunion this weekend so will be busy packing, etc. and unpacking next week. It will be at my nephews north of Kansas City. He has an acreage and a mansion - 5 bathrooms!

L

Ladskater

Good for you! I have been thinking of moving myself due to noisy neighbours. Tonight they had the audacity to park in my parking spot! If you can pack up twenty years of possessions, I guess I can. That's what has been holding me back. The gumption to pack up and move.

Congratulations on your new digs. Hope you are happy there.

Ladskater

D

DORISPULASKI

Daniel and Lulu, So glad Lulu has adjusted to the new place.
One great thing about moving, you get rid of the junk that you have been procrastinating about throwing away.

We are selling our house (I just retired, so we're moving) after 14 years. I have already taken 5 loads to the dump of stuff that I never quite found a use for and that I can't see anyone else buying in a yard sale. Take the advice of the person who said do at least one box a day. I am unpacking some boxes from the last move (14 years ago) to be sure there is nothing in them important before I throw them out.

Congratulations on the move!

dpp

R

rgirl181

Yay, Daniel and Little Lulu! A whole house! I lived in a rented house once (besides as a kid) and it was just swell. I'm sure Little Lulu will make herself queen of the castle very soon. My little Pi was very traumatized by my moves but she soon found the best places to watch the birds, her favorite places to lie in the sun, and of course, places to hide where she absolutely could not be found. Congratulations! Have fun and as I advise everyone, get rid of your cardboard boxes ASAP. They are made with formaldehyde and that's not something you want to breathe in for very long. Cheers!
Rgirl

J

JOHIO2

hi daniel and lulu

glad u found a new place u like and got moved in. very glad little lu is getting used to her new home. cats aren't real happy about moving to a new place. my poor smokie (currently sitting in my lap and purring - so i only have 1 hand to type with!) has moved 6 times in her 18 years and each time, it took her longer to adjust. glad i don't expect to move again soon - since she is getting more blind all the time, i would hate for her to start learning home anew.

i agree with the advice to keep plugging away, but inviting a friend or two over to help unpack makes things go faster. i have a friend who recently moved and i've gone over 2 times to help get things unpacked and into new places. it is really too depressing to look at piles of boxes forever. also the job will seem daunting and unending as long as you look at the piles. friends make things go faster because they give feedback and encouragement and brute strength (along with elbow grease). her piles of boxes is slowly getting smaller and she can actually walk around her apartment. someday soon, she'll start feeling at home (at least we all hope so).

yep, "where do you want this?" definitely moves things along! also the give and take of several people unpacking might seem like chaos as you work but u'll be surprised by how much you can get done and socialize at the same time! i found out more about my friend while we were unpacking her things than i had in the months i have known her.

anyway, enjoy your new place. hi to kevin and lulu.