Wednesday Practices - Dance | Golden Skate

Wednesday Practices - Dance

Rosaleen

Medalist
Group 1

WARNING - my dances notes leave something to be desired (at least in my opinon )

Mikhailova/Sergeev - Jesus Christ Superstart - she’s insades of dusty rose going almost to a rose-brown he’s in black with matching dangly bits/ they skated the opening (her left knee is taped and they had a bit of a nasty fall in warmup where she seemed to bang her right knee) I’m liking the cuts of music they’re using - the song where Jesus throws them out of the temple is used in the middle very effectlively for ftwrk, they use the familiar ‘Jesus Christ Superstar part at the end

Platonova/Maximishin - something Spanish him in black & her in a red skirt with grey underskirt and black top / very nice fast spin with good positions / and now they’re taking a break / back into it very fast & close with great edges / bit out of sync on a twizzle seq / some now posing at centre ice and the music has slowed for a pair of twizzle seq that were a little far apart and out of sync / another break / back into again for some very dramatic posing at centre ice with a little movement of the feet and into a step seq (that I quite liked) / they do this type of music quite well - great attitude for it /

Yu/Wang - she’s in red with silver lame around top of skirt and under the bust he’s in a matching shirt with mainly silver lame / little slip by her on pair of twizzles / nice curve lift but seemed awfully long to me but I don’t know what the time limit is / I was right - it’s celtic music - they’re into Lord of the Dance now - some pretty good ftwrk to it movement was in time but movement across the ice was a little slow / I think they’re now playing the waltz that Shae & Vic used for their OD a few years ago / back to step dancing for at ftwrk seq / it isn’t Riverdance but I think they’re doing a credible job with it and I’m sure the crowd will love it /

Hajkova/ Vincour - black faux leather with silver and the music starts with Blue suede shoes / the opening has the right moves / break while they wait for the next section / I want you I need you - with a ok curve lift / they seem a bit ragged to me and the ftwrk seems a bit on the simple side / Lookin for trouble? /then Don’t mess around with me with a nice fast rotational lift / Another program that I think the crowd will get into because of the music, but in this case I’m not sure (at least from what I saw) if the skating will be up to the level of the other teams.

Rosaleen

Medalist
Group 2

Looks like only Scott & Tessa are here for this one - glad their music is being played 1st

Virtue / Moir - she’s in mauve him in cream shirt & dark grey pants / Very romatic feel to it - nice & flowing / taking a break / O ftwrk ohhhhhhhhhhhhh - lovely / another break and back into it as the music picks up a bit but still gentle and a fall by her not quite sure what happened they were in a close hold / and music picks up more for a pair of twizzles that are excellent / great curve live as music builds a bit and then the music starts to fades as they go into the closing chor / I think I’m really going to like this dance /

Think I’m going to go upstairs and get my stuff packed up and then come back for the last group. That way I’m ready to leave as soon as the last group is done. I had breakfast on the ferry (at 7am) on the way over but haven’t had anything at all to eat since then, just 2 cups of coffee and I’m getting VERY hungry

I love these practice reports! When I get a chance to go to events in person, the practices are the most fun part.

Rosaleen

Medalist
Group 3

Navarro / Bommentre - in purple & black - Beattle’s medley / wasn’t really watching them - talking to some people, sorry

Pratt / Gilles - music is dream on by Aerosmith - love the shade of blue - dark on the turquoise tone / good lift going from strt to curve and a spin with her in a nice beillman pos O ftwrk really accents the music right / there’s some great movement in this pgm that makes it work (even though the music is very similar throughout the dance)

Faiella // Scali - she’s in shades of dull orange him in black music is Pantera en Liberta by Monica Naranjo
First part is fast and I wasn’t really watching that well/ a really nice dance spin the slower part / then they take a break / and some movement in place when the music speeds up again and the set of twizzles that weren’t quite in sync.

Davis / White - herin light blue with maroon bra effect him in black with semi shedder light blue over the top / music Polovetsian Dances from Prince Igor / nice set of twizzles that I saw / excuse me his pants are dark burgundy not black / I like the O ftwrk right into a set of twizzles that were perfect/ a low strtline lift that changes pos right with music - nicely done / I wonder if Charlie is still skating singles at all? / taking a break in the program - probably waiting for the closing section / here they go diag ftwrk is great (a bit of a slip) but the first 2/3rd is done on the same foot and increases in speed right into a perfect set of twizzles / although I didn’t see much of this dance at this practise I think I’m going to love it / I love the way their leg lines are almost always perfectly matched and they skate so close together when they’re in dance holds (I noticed this as well earlier today in the Golden waltz practise)

That’s it for me tonight - I’ll be back tomorrow

shine

Record Breaker
OMG!!! I can't wait to see V/M's free dance! They are skating Valse Triste !

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Thanks for the reports... the only thing not fun about practices are the times in which they happen... early morning, late at night ugh lol

keep 'em coming! these are great!