I bought a House! | Golden Skate

I bought a House!

G

goveggie

I bought a House!

Hurrah! My husband and I bought a house in Tampa, Florida and are getting out of Dodge (really NYC). I remember somebody here announcing the arrival of a puppy, so I figured a house was worthy too. :D We're having it built, so we have to wait until Oct., if all goes well. Because of all the details involved, I haven't been able to check the boards lately and even missed the exhibitions for the Worlds! :eek: HIGHLY unlike me, but we were in the midst of heaving househunting at the time. Just thought I'd share my happiness with you all.

goveggie

M

mathman444

Re: I bought a House!

Congratulations! That's super. I hope "all goes well" :lol: and the builders can meet that October deadline.

Mathman

S

Show 42

Way to "Go-Veggie"......:D ... Give us details as the building progresses.......42

A

Aloft02

And we'll all bring covered casseroles for your house warming!! Will you have enough guest rooms?

Congratulations and all the best to you and the whole Go-Veggie family in your future nest.

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:red;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:large;">CONGRATULATIONS!</span> :D

<span style="color:navy;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">(I wouldn't count on that October thing... Builders are not always on time with those estimates!)</span> :lol:

L

Ladskater

goveggie:

I am very green with envy!! No, congratulations. Enjoy!

Ladskater

R

rgirl181

That's wonderful! (Sorry that's so lame--Show stole my line;) ) As the veteran of two coop buys and one sale, it's really something to finally think of a place as your own (in NYC, as you know, a coop is about as close as you can get to "owning" unless you can afford the rare condo). Sorry to lose a GSer from NY to Florida, but with a family, the chance to have a house built for you for what it would cost you to buy a walk-in closet in Hell's Kitchen is a no-brainer--plus you can get a puppy.

Good going, Goveggie (best I could do:lol: ). Now you can look forward to buyer's remorse:eek:
Rgirl

D

dlksk8fan

goveggie-
congratulations on your new home!! Having to wait until Oct is going to be hard but well worth it. Start packing now!! You never realize what stuff you have until you move!!!!

I bought a new house too! My husband did the first walk through yesterday and said they still had the small things to finish. I haven't seen the house yet (except once when it was in its framing stage).
Next Thursday is the big moving day, so I have been going crazy getting everything ready!!!! I can't wait.

Congrats again:D

R

rgirl181

Cardboard Boxes

Show's post reminded me about the toxins in cardboard boxes: Unless otherwise specified, all cardboard boxes are made with formalin (formaldehyde and water), which is a toxin. If you have kids or have a lot of stuff, you want to avoid being in the house with this stuff as much as possible. You can buy cardboard boxes made without formalin. Do a google.com search for "cardboard boxes without formalin" and you'll get links to companies that sell them. They cost more, but it's something to consider especially for boxes in which you will pack clothing, toys, food, stuff like that. Also consider for anything you're going to pack early and live with for a while.
Rgirl

G

goveggie

Re: Thanks

Wow, thanks everybody for your best wishes, and also congratulations to dlksk8fan too. I'm so jealous! Since your move date is so close, you probably won't get to see this until much later. It seems everybody says the same thing about builders not being on time. I HOPE that's not the case for me, because I don't want to end up looking for a job around the holidays.
Rgirl, I never heard that about cardboard boxes! I'll seriously consider getting those you recommended. Maybe lining the boxes you put clothes, etc. in paper would help. Thanks.

goveggie

D

dlksk8fan

Re: Thanks

goveggie-our builder was on time and everything went smooth!

L

Ladskater

I bought a House

goveggie:

Really?! You say that like I would say "I bought new shoes!" I am green with envy. Anyway, congratulations. I am stuck in a one bedroom apt.

Ladskater

K

Kara Bear

Re: I bought a House

rgirl, i'm going to follow your advice.
I am moving in a few weeks and my stuff is going to be sitting in boxes in my inlaws garage probably for a month or two.
It seems that a lot of GS's are moving. Good luck to all the movers!!