Compulsory Dance - Golden Waltz | Golden Skate

Compulsory Dance - Golden Waltz

Rosaleen

Medalist
I’m not commenting at all on the timing because I don’t know the exact timing for the dance

Virtue / Moir - her in light blue him in tails - her dress is lovely corest effect in front with lacing across back
Nice & close together on 1st pattern leg lines match well / not a sound from their blades / very neat feet and matching leg lines / right towards end of 2nd pattern I think I saw a bit of a slip by her / T 14.30 C 15.21 tot 29.51

Pratt / Gillis - her in shades of pink him in tails
They don’t seem as precise as V&M and there’s a bit of jerkiness from him in the section in front of the judges - the steps are as well defined / a nice dance non-the less / T 13.68 C 12.10 tot 25.78 currently 2nd

Dubreuil / Lauzon - her in mainly gold glitter top with light blue skirt him in tails
And the applause starts before they’re introduced / right away you can see the increase in speed & flow and the larger pattern / there were a couple of places though where I thought I liked V&M’s leg lines better - even though D&L skated a much better dance T 19.16 C 19.67 Tot 38.83 currently 1st

Rosaleen

Medalist
Faiella / Scali - her in red with silver around top of bodice him in tails / she’s got some bits hanging from her dress that I don’t think should be there - the ladies in front of me want to go snip them / there seems to be a bit of according and the speed really falls off in the more difficult sections T 16.54 C 16.65 Tot 33.19 currently 2nd

Navarro / Commentre - her in dusty rose shading darker at hem him in shirt that matches the darker part of her dress / part right in front of the judges looked really awkward to me - something wasn’t right - looked much better on the 2nd pattern / T 13.78 C 13.17 Tot 26.95 currently 4th

Yu / Wang - her in light blue him in tails
Legs were sloppy at the 1st short end pattern - generally a bit sloppy and a bit of snow flying on some of the quicker turns / T 13.62 C 11.51 Tot 25.13 currently 6th

Side-note - this competition has 5 of the top 6 dance teams from Junior Worlds last year

Hajkova / Vincour - her in bright light orange him in tails / they seems to be a tad slow / mis-step my her just a the start of the long side in front of the judges / knees are too stiff in general / a mis-step again on the same step as the 1st pattern - front iside 3 then something / T 12.36 C 10.60 Tot 22.96 Currently 7th

Rosaleen

Medalist
Platanova / Maximishin - her in white him in tails - he doesn’t extend his free leg as much as I’d like to see - it seems to just hang there at times / generally a good dance except I think I saw a slip in the corner just before the judges on the 1st pattern - they might have run out of room T 14.34 C 13.53 Tot 27.87 Currently 4th

Davis / White - her in light fluorescent peach & light purple undresirt him in tails - at the end of the 1st long side in the 1st pattern I think her free leg hit the boards and she went down and almost pulled him down - what a shame / they seemed to skate the rest of the dance a bit tentative (and I don’t blame them) T 13.80 C 13.73 ded 2 tot 25.53 currently 7th

Lefebrve / Markov - her dress is dar turquoise at tome shading to purple to orange to yellow at hem - I don’t like it
A bit loose in the free legs - a bit too far apart at times / T 13.68 C 11.63 Tot 25.31 currently 8th

Mikahilova / Sergeev - her in bright dark pink with feathers on hem him in tails - a very nice dance - really didn’t find anything wrong with it - good speed & flow and quite close together the whole time / T 14.40 C 12.76 Tot 27.16 currently 5th

Sorry if it all sounds somewhat negative but with compulsory dances it’s very difficult to make intelligent? Comments except to note what I think is wrong or I don’t like. All of the dances are quite good and very enjoyable to watch.