Ladies Short Program | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

Rosaleen

Medalist
Skaters are shown in skate order and I’m typing this as they skate (with no replay to check things) so they might be some missed items and/or mistakes, but singles is so much easier than pairs so I should do better than I did with the pairs.

Yu-Na Kim - black velvet with red accents & underskirt - music - Tango de Roxanne (and it’s nice to see Brian Orser at the boards for her) some chor to start into a very easy 3f3t / spirals as music becomes darker / butterfly back sit with twist & pancake is fast & centred / some chor into huge 3z beautiful air pos / diag ftwrk has the moves chor right to the music and she has the attitude for it / beautiful layback that speed up into an easy transition to beillman / ina right into 2a / combo spin to end is great - what a start to the competition !!! / her coach with Brian is just beaming / if there was anything to pick at it’s that I wish her sit spin pos was lower / T 37.84 C 24.84 tot 62.68 new PB by about 2 points

Rosaleen

Medalist
Lesley Hawker - red with gold on bodice / starts with nice layback - pretty go pos and very good speed / 3z2t bit jerky but clean / landed to 2a on toepick but held on / bad pick on flip and signled it / spin that ended in camel then donut didn’t see entrance / spirals are ok / ftwrk is musical - there’s a real joy to it / combo spin is good / T 23.34 C 21.68 Tot 45.02 currently 2nd

Rosaleen

Medalist
Alisa Drei - Mauve with bit of sparkle - Paganini / 3t3t fell on the 2nd one / loop went up really crooked - doubled it / nice layback/ 2a stepout / nice flying sit spin /spirals are good / O ftwrk is musical / sorry, I got interrupted and missed the end of her program / T 19.50 C 21.96 ded 1.00 Tot 40.46 currently 3rd

Rosaleen

Medalist
Joannie Rochette - pink with silver trim - music is Little Wing by Jimmy Hendrix - some great moves to the opening bars / 2a / 3f2t / some chor / fly back sit spin with very good pos & speed / 3z bad pick & came out forward after 2-1/2 revs - you could see it wasn’t going to happen as she went up / strt ftwrk is right with music & moves so well with it - she has the right body language / spirals are good / combo spin is very fast & centered with good positions / T 28.68 C 26.92 Tot 55.60 currently 2nd

Rosaleen

Medalist
Binshu Xu - powder blue empire waist with puffy sleeves - it really does nothing for her music is something called Lee Loos Theme / 3z2t / 3f / flycam with variations is excellent / spirals are good / right into 2a / combo spin was quite good but looked a little rushed at the end / strt ftwrk is dynamic & with music / layback spin with changes to beillman that seem so easy / T 27.94 C 20.88 Tot 48.82 currently 3rd

Rosaleen

Medalist
Yoshie Onda - teal dress is very nice / music is Haru no Numi (Japanese) / some nice chor to start really expresses the music / 3z really wild & low on landing but managed to pull off the 2t without putting free foot down / really tentative going into 3f and fell on her side after about 2-1/2 rot / I missed the next element - a spin I think / O ftwrk is good & in char of the music / back catch foot coe spiral wasn’t really steady / right from spirals into 2a / to an ok layback / combo spin is very good except for a bit of travel at the end / T 20.72 C 23.44 ded 1.00 Tot 43.16 currently 5th

Rosaleen

Medalist
Susanna Poykio - black with silver on bodice really glittery & black semisheer elbox glove effect / music is ‘One’ / some nice movement to set the mood into easy 2a / 3z2t with big smile (right in the corner I’m sitting in) ftwrk into 3f / the jumps look so easy for her tonight / spin ending in beillman / she’s moving really well / spiral has good height on the front one but could use a bit more extension / combo spin is good & centered / ftwrk is very complex and with music - a little on the slow side / butterfly back sit - had a bit of trouble towards the end of the spin - it didn’t finish quite the way it should have / Best program I’ve seen from her in a while though / T 30.98 C 26.64 Tot 57.60 new PB currently 2nd

Rosaleen

Medalist
Tugba karadmir - black with white on skirt / some nice movemtn to music to start / 2f2t / 3s flipped off edge / very nice fly camel with catch foot / spirals have nice pos and flow well / 2a is good / layback with foot to head then strt leg / O ftwrk is musical and well done / back cam with lovely extension starts the combo spin / T 23.10 C 21.04 Tot 44.14 just short of her pb currently in 6th

Rosaleen

Medalist
Alisa Cziny - red with partially bare midriff - think the same as last year / flyback sit that is so quiet and fast with great positions / bad pick on the lutz and singled it then stumbled / 2a / spirals are I think the best pos in the field but not as difficult as some of the other skaters maybe / 3f2t I think - I saw it but can’t remember / then a combo spin and into strt ftwrk - ok / fabulous layback to beillman to end the program / T 29.60 C 27.52 Ded 1.00 Tot 56.12 Currently 3rd

Rosaleen

Medalist
Katy Taylor - black skirt with turquoise & white corset effect / layback to start / 2z / flysit good fly and nice pos with variations good speed & centering / 3z2t is good / combo spin is very good / coe spiral in beillman pos starts the seq / 2a with a setpout / O ftwrk is good into closing pose / T 21.84 C 21.32 tot 43.16 currently 8th

Rosaleen

Medalist
Mira Leung - bright pink top shading to white skirt with white at cuffs / some ok movement to start / 3f / music is building / 3z2l / layback to beillman / 2a / spirals are ok / flycam with nice layover pos to donut / ftwrk has crowd clapping with the music - quite well done / combo spin to end is good / partial standing O / and I know there’ll be boos when the marks come up because the components are going to be lower than the crowd will understand - ok so I was wrong / T 29.50 C 22.64 Tot 52.14 new PB currently 5th

Rosaleen

Medalist
Fumie Suguri - Bolero - black with orange underskirt & trim / 3z2t very neat (although it was flutz) / 3f good height - very nice - pretty air pos / very good strt leg layback / spirals move well - could use some more extension in free leg when un supported / 2a was tight on the landing but clean / flyback sit / combo spin is fast & centered ending in scratch / strt ftwrk is timed right with music - well done / I think bolero really works for that short program / T 30.84 C 27.68 Tot 58.52 currently 2nd

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
binshu xu/mira leung

binshu xu was definitley much better than Mira leung, very clean program. Solid jumping technique, faster spinner, better spirals with much better posture, also better speed.

But somehow Mira leung scored a magic personal best of 52 points, but binshu xu only got 48 points? Even Joannie botched one jump, it's still hard to believe Mira leung was only 3 points behind her? And Mira Leung's PCS magically improved by 3 points compared to Skate America?

Yu-Nam's PCS is also quite low. This system sucks.

tae04

On the Ice
Yes I think Binshu was robbed. She just needs a lil more sharpening on every element but was better than 48.

Yu Na Kim pcs marks were too low, even though I didn't see the performance. I know her presentation is better than that.

The results kind of make me nod ok. However, except for Yu Na, I can see a different set of results for these Ladies after the LP. The silver and bronze placements are up for grabs.

Joe

hongligl

Final Flight
binshu xu was definitley much better than Mira leung, very clean program. Solid jumping technique, faster spinner, better spirals with much better posture, also better speed.

But somehow Mira leung scored a magic personal best of 52 points, but binshu xu only got 48 points? Even Joannie botched one jump, it's still hard to believe Mira leung was only 3 points behind her? And Mira Leung's PCS magically improved by 3 points compared to Skate America?

Yu-Nam's PCS is also quite low. This system sucks.

Just downloaded a video of Binshu Xu and I can't agree more with you. Xu had a much better performance comparing with Leung's. Xu is definitely undermarked! Look at her beautiful spin and spiral positions and those crispy jumps! and the program has good flow. Can't understand why she was marked so low.

And Yu-na Kim's skating skills are better than that!

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
binshu xu's video

Here's binshu xu's SP on youtube.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FkNN3Vttfg

Except a bit shaky for a spin in the middle, the program was perfect. Although she's a bit juorish, she's much much better than Mira Leung. To think Mira Leung would score a PB of 52 points makes me shudder. binshu xu only scored 48 points?

Yu Na was also hugely undermarked. Any binshu xu got a partial O.

liverter

Spectator
Thank you

thanks

Yu-na's jump was great!!! gooooooooorgeous
What a beutiful and powerful 3Lz!:love: