Dance - Original | Golden Skate

Dance - Original

Rosaleen

Medalist
Lefebrve / Markov CAN both in black with lots of silver glitter - her dress has really nice cut - Primavero Portero by Piazzolia / some nice movement to start / strt line lift with him in spread eagle her at angle - hard to describe but I really like the shape they made into a spin / & the diag steps - start out nice but think he had a foot down near the middle / some ok dancing into the midline - 1st twizzles in sync as were the 2nd - 3rd & 4th both a little out in my mind / don’t remember seeing the rotational lift that was supposed to be right at the end - it probably was there but I didn’t notice it / and Arseni is playing the a stuffed red animal that was thrown - stuck it in his jacket / T 25.90 C 18.43 tot 44.33

Yu / Wang CHN - him in black tunic effect her in red satin - spin with her in catchfoot-beillman sort of / one ft strt lift with her / I completely missed the midline steps because people were getting into their seats and blocking my view and basically the rest of the dance as well - I got to see the last twizzles and the closing pose. It’s not entirely the people’s fault because the tickets said it started at 1:20 and it started at 1:00 - but it’s still frustrating that the users aren’t stopping the people from going to their seats while the skaters are on the ice. T 20.70 C 17.57 tot 38.27 currently in 2nd

Hajkova / Vincour CZE- her in bright fluorencent orange him in black music is libertango / strt lift with him in shoot duck / midline steps are quite simple - 1st twizzles good, 2nd out of sync atbit / The dance is feeling quite weak to me in general / the dance spin, though is very nice with excellent positions / they’re quite slow across the ice and so-so diag seq / rotational lift with her upside down with foot to head / T 22.20 C 17.73 tot 39.93 currently 3rd overall, but beat the Chinese in the OD??? Of course I didn’t see most of the Chinese’s OD but based on what I saw in practises and their skating in general I would have thought the Chinese would have been ahead of the CZE. Oh well, dance stupefies me again.

Rosaleen

Medalist
Dubreuil / Lauzon CAN - her in white with gold lines jagged edge on skirt - I don’t really like it - very hard to describe music is Le Voz de Buenos Aires / I really like the opening moves - very romantic music / midline started out excellent - she had problems on the 3RD? twizzles / lift is great and the spin is too / now the music gets more sticatto for the diag steps - some really good moves in there / rotational lift with change of pos / one slip and maybe a little rough in spots but it’s a great dance - the elements flow from the choreography - all kinds of neat little touches in it - a few more miles on it is all it needs / T 28.60 C 30.44 tot 59.04 currently 1st

Rosaleen

Medalist
Pratt / Gillis USA - her in brown with lacey skirt him in cream top & brown pants / music is La Yumba, Whatever Lola Wants / diag steps with 2 sets of twizzles is very nice - great speed & flow / rotational lift she started to get away from him and he overbalanced and they both fell / spin is ok / midline steps are quite good - twizzles pretty much in sysnc / we have a reverse dip - she dips him - brought a bit of chuckle from the crowd and it actually looked quite good T 21.10 C 19.71 Tot 38.81 currently 3rd overall

Rosaleen

Medalist
Sorry for the delay - I had problems with the wireless internet connection and it kept dropping

Platanova / Maximishin RUS - both in black with silver her dress is nice except for a very long tassle don’t like his at all / spin with her in camel then beillman is good - her beillman is nice / strt lift with her upside down with leg around his neck / midline seems fairly simple - twizzles in sync / diag steps are ok / I’m getting the feeling that they’re really having to think their way through the dance / rot lift with her hanging on to his neck / T 26.80 C 22.80 tot 49.60 currently in 2nd overall

Virtue / Moir CAN - her in black with long sleeves & turtleneck with open back with lacing - really nice / good opening moves in to spin - very good pos except I don’t like the last one with foot to head / midline steps were great - twizzles couldn’t have had better sync / strt lift with change of pos / diag steps very close together - great attitude & steps - loved it / rot lift with great pos change / T 28.00 C 26.12 tot 54.12 currently 2nd overall

Rosaleen

Medalist
Mikahilova / Sergeev - her in dayglo pink with drap effect that I’m not sure I like him in black / nice opening - very dancey / curve lift with him in spread eagle / midline steps are good twizzles match seemed fairly simple to me / spin with her in catchfoot is slow / diag steps seemed like one exited the 1st twizzles early T 24.40 C 20.57 tot 43.97 ded 1.00 currently 4th overall

Rosaleen

Medalist
Navarro / Commentre - her in bright dark blue / midline steps are very simple - twizzels in sync / music changes for spin - attractive one / the turns are very simple throughout the dance / curve lift is good with changes of pos / diag step has lots of attitude / rot lift to end / didn’t feel like there was enough tango in it, they weren’t close together at all in their holds / T 26.0 C 21.78 tot 47.78 new pb currently 4th overall

Rosaleen

Medalist
Davis / White - her in maroon with silver glitter on bodice him in black suit / spin with her in catch foot on both front & back / midline very well done - twizzles were perfect / strt lift with him in spread eagle with change of pos / diag steps are well done & complex / rot lift with change of pos is well done / T 28.40 C 23.90 Tot 52.30 currently 3rd overall /

Rosaleen

Medalist
Faiella / Scali - her in black with silver edging & diag cutout him in black suit with grey shirt / some good tango moves to start / diag steps 1st 2/3 on one foot - right at the end she hit the boards and went down / spin with with her in catch foot him in open leg - don’t like the shape it makes / rot lift is good / midline - she had trouble on 2nd twizzles / some good moves in there and attitude was right / T 23.60 C 26.55 ded 1.00 tot 49.15 currently 3rd overall