Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pairs - Free Program

Custom Title

Pairs - Free Program

Pairs is the most difficult for me to do play-by-play because it takes so many words to describe elements. I’ll do my best, but am bound to miss some stuff (just an advance warning lol)

Miller / Moram CAN - both in black - music is Nouvelle France soundtrack
    Flowing music to start and around for thr 3s lots of distance / they’re moving quite fast / 3tw is around and fairly clean catch / sbs 3t - she landed on her side he was rough but I think clean / lasso lift to one hand 3 turns I think good speed / sbs flycam sit edge change upright ch sit leg at side very good sync until the end when I think she finished 1st / sbs 2a she underrot fellout with hand down / thr 3l is very nice / there’s a nice mood & feel to the program very flowing / nice spiral seq with flip over to direction in catch foot pos / strt steps flow well / back star lift with change to layover then upside down - really nice lift / step overhead the a bunch of rotations / fids great pos and about 3rev s / pair spin opposing camels change to facing sit then her in camel / there’s really nice ebb and flow to the whole program / T 47.64 C 41.84 Ded Tot 88.48 Gr Tot 133.06

Custom Title
    Spassova / Todorov BUL - both in black & red Spanish style - music is Paso Doble / 2tw is nice & floaty / thr 3s fell / sbs 3s she doubled / change of music to soft & slower and some nice chor / sbs spins - she fell out of the camel / step overhead to one hand then he fell but luckily she landed on top of him and no harm done / thr 2l is good / spirals and the crowd is pulling for them and giving them encouragement / step overhead and you could almost feel the tension in the crowd as she went up - good lift / pair spin is ok / hip lift to star to upside down split with him in spread eagle / sbs 2f turns 2t - she has quite the wrap / sbs steps have some interesting variations - some mirroring / bods with change of hand and pivot / T 37.23 C 36.80 Ded 3.0 Tot 71.03 Gr Tot 110.11 currently 2nd overall

Custom Title
    Moyle / Seitz USA - her in bright shades of blue him in shocking turquoise tunic with gold bands around his waist / Prince Igor is sthe music / toe over head to one hand with about 3revs very good speed - he moves well / sbs 2z / thr 3s good height / music is building now for 2tw with arms overhead / sbs 2a clean turns 2a clean / step over head - bit of snow flying from him on that one / bods - he missed his toe on the pivot and we sliding on his rear / thr 3l is nice with a big smile from her / hip lift to star - he was so good on the 1st lifts but seems to be slower and not as clean on the last 2 / spirals are ok / sbs flycam started the combo spins - very good synv until the last 2 revs after the change of foot / strt steps are ok but music is building during them and they’re not really building with it / pair spin is ok / T 49.06 C 41.52 Ded 1.00 Tot 89.58 new PB Gr tot 135.96 currently 1st

Custom Title
    Putnam / Wirtz CAN - Tchaikovski concerto #1 her in black halter with white collar him in white shirt & black vest/pants / they take their time getting set to start / and we wait and wait for the music to start and it isn’t starting - over to the music stand and they are re-introduced - let’s try this again / good opening moves with the music / 3tw is a little spinny & low but I think clean / nice lift from her in a lunge / sbs 3s turns 2t clean / sbs flycam start the spins got out of sync but got it back / some nice chor to slower music where he picks her up and carries her / sbs 2a think she singled / music builds again for thr 3l not really pretty on landing but clean / thr 3s / step over head with one hand set down / diag steps are sticatto with the music and then change as the music changes / bods is quite good / pair spin then into the spirals with change of direction / platter lift to carry into final pose / they’re happy with that and so they should be / T 54.25 C 50.64 Tot 104.89 Gr Tot 158.71 currently 1st

Custom Title
    Vise / Trent USA - her in shades of dusty rose him in white shirt with red/gold vest (old fashioned military style) music is Les Miz some nice opening chor / 2tw is clean and airy with arms overhead / sbs 2Z back around for sbs 2z2t - they jump opposite each other so it’s a completely different look / very nice press overhead / thr 3l / step overhead from lunge with flip out / pair spin is centered with good positions and trasitions / thr 3s fell - looked good going up / spiral seq is good / sbs spins with them spinning opposite is hard to tell if they’re in sync and they both had problems near the end / one hand overhead / strt steps to “tomorrow comes’ / fids is very good once down but looks awkward getting into it and after the change of hands is very slow and awkward coming up / T 55.48 C 46.48 Ded 1.0 Tot 100.96 new PB Gr Tot 150.46 currently 2nd overall

Custom Title
    Pylkina / Hogner SWE - her in white him in black with cape effect with red under fabric - music is Dracula
    Starts out with her lying prone over his arms / lateral 3tw is good / sbs 3s she doubled / thr 3l she fell and slid almost into the boards / sbs spins are ok pretty much in sync / sbs ftwrk to very gentle music - lots of crossing back & forth in 1st part - effective / hip lift to carry dismount / thr 3s landed with I think a brush of free foot going through / spirals match fairly well - esp with size difference / sbs 2s turns 2f? she fell / star lift / travelling entrance to fids / lasso lift that came down after only 1 rev / pair spin to end - which is the time I notice their size difference the most / T 41.03 C 45.12 ded 2.00 tot 84.15 Gr Tot 131.17 currently 5th

Custom Title
    Inoue / Baldwin USA - him in dark blue with light inset her in light blue music is Puccini selections
    Some opening chor and into sbs 3t he fell / good speed into 2tw that is ok / bods with change of hand is ok - pos is ok, not great / one hand hip lift / back camels start the sbs spins - good sync & nice pos / music changes to flowing step overhead to one hand with about 3 revs / pair spin starts with opssing camels - fairly good speed throughout / here the come around for the thr 3a landed clean & pretty with a big smile - best one I’ve seen this week / spirals have nice extended matching pos / thr 3l bit shakey and on toe pick on landing / sbs 2a out of sync on takeoff but landed at the same time turns into 3? He had hands down / sbs ftwrk - didn’t really see it - too busy writing / lasso lift into final pose / T 59.88 C 52.24 ded 1.00 tot 111.12 gr tot 166.32 currently 1st

Custom Title
    Marcoux / Buntin CAN her in shades of dull light maroon (coral maybe) & cream him in matching darker colours (it’s quite attractive but I can’t find the right name for the colour) music is L’amour
    Music is mellow to start and some nice moves / sbs 3t are perfect turns 2t I think - didn’t really see the 2nd jump / high floaty 2tw with arms overhead / coe spirals start the seq - nicely done / sbs 2a she fell and he landed right on his toepick at a dead stop / pairs spin is excellent on front half - really good speed & pos / they’ve set quite a mood in the arena and it’s the good kind of quiet / lasso lift / thr 3l from him in spread eagle - shakey on landing / then another lift / thr 3s shakey landing and step down / sbs spins went in and out of sync / their great lift with helicopter exit / diag ftwrk - he had a slip in the middle - it’s a good seq though / bods with about 4 revs and great speed & pos / they didn’t skate it that well here but it’s a great program - it just flows and pulls you into it / T 55.13 C 53.92 ded 1.00 tot 108.05 gr tot 166.19 currently 2nd

Custom Title
    thank you so much for your reports!

Custom Title
    Zhang / Zhang CHN - costumes are the same or very similar to last year - white with dark dusty rose trim him in brown pants with matching band down the leg music is offspring of dragons
    Nice opening chor / thr 3s is easy / sbs 2a she singled 3t she doubled he had hand down / 3tw is their husual huge / lift is very interesting with carry in middle / pair spin is good with nice exit / into death spiral with change of hand / thr 3l is huge and pretty / sbs 3s / spirals are good / lasso lift from lunge with one hand set down - being picky it got very slow and didn’t last very long / O ftwrk is soso - they’r enot right together on it / sbs spins were one of the best of the night - perfect sync from where I was looking / there was a lift into the closing pose that I didn’t really see - was still contemplating the spins / T 62.75 C 59.68 ded 1.00 Tot 121.43 Gr tot 190.97 currently 1st

Sorry for the long delay - I lost my wireless connection in my seat and had to wait until I got to the press room to post the Zhangs

Rinkside
    Thanks again for the PBP, Rosaleen!

Banned

zhang/zhang

look like they did improve ther sbs spins. But they should get rid of that 2axel3toe combo. It's too dificult and very difficult to keep in sync.

Custom Title
    Thanks Rosaleen.
    Can't wait to see the Zhangs' performance.

Rinkside
    oh,thank you for your job!!

Custom Title
    Looks like Rena and John are into the GPF!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast