Best Commentators.... | Golden Skate

Best Commentators....

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Well I have to say I found David Pelletier and Jamie Sale to be the most entertaining commentators I've ever heard for the pairs events. David is so natural and quick witted. I loved his descriptions throughout the progams. Jamie is good too.

The coverage on TSN and CTV is great so far. I managed to tape Thursday and Friday. Saturday will be coverage of the men's and ladies long programs on CTV.

Tracy Wilson is also great - especially for the dance of course. It's great to see Rod Black is back as well.

I also appreciate the fact one was not subjected to the continual sound of the skaters blades - except the odd time.

Well done TSN and CTV!!

:clap:

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
I have to say that I enjoyed it as well. Hard to understand David sometimes but he is very quick witted and really tells you about the difficulty of the throws and lifts with their entries and exits. Jamie, I thought, was very professional and I think that with a few more competitions under their belts they will get better in time. I'm looking forward to the future with these two in the booth.

mike79

On the Ice
I agree that these two were great. David especially was quite insightful. Rod, on the other hand, made some bonehead comments. His comment about Z&Z possibly being the greatest team ever was ridiculous. S&Z are still the class of the Chinese pairs teams.

On a side note Jamie's hair is horrible. Grow it back.

Traci has developed into probably the best commentator in the biz. She's great.

hongligl

Final Flight
I like the commentary too. For her hair, as long as it's not a ponytail it's ok for me.

cosmictears10

On the Ice
oh the hair

I really didn't want to have to say anything about Jamie's hair, but since someone else commented about it, I have to! But oh my, that hair, it makes her look so much older, and in a bad way. Before she looked so fresh and young, it was great to see! Seems like she was going for "commentator" hair or something, I've still yet to figure it out, and i'm puzzled by it! but Jamie, grow it back!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I loved David's commentary during the Olympics... he was great... I just wish they'd been given more to do than complain about the Russians on the shows ;) Good ol' NBC, apparently stuck in the cold war lol

I'm not a big fan of Tracy's commentary, she rarely gets the names right (even thoughs she personally knows lol) and I dunno, she just grates me wrong...

I love Rod, from what I've heard of his work anyway lol...

and I'm so jealous that you all don't get the miked ice...

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:yes: David promises to become a great commentator...Jamie's just fine as good cop.. we need commentators who can escape the PC muzzle that's too often imposed on them...Thank you, David, for the "one trick pony" comment !

Vic Whatsisname backstage ,one the other hand, is horrible..this is not *asking the tough questions*, his attitude is just plain rude. Where's Dave Randorf ? They should pay him double or triple and take him away from football for 2 or 3 days.His are the best backstage interviews they've ever had. Miss him...

I guess Rod will be with us for the duration (sigh)..but he's got to be the king of Foot in Mouth and Purple Prose Praises..Tracy will have to learn to give him the kind of scathing look that Deb would have to give him every once in a while...:p

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Am I the only one who wanted to smack Pelletier? That "One trick pony" comment was just spiteful and disrespectful. They hadn't even started their program. I would rather the commentators stuck to describing what's actually happening on the ice. I&B have weak areas certainly, but they have strengths too. Why not stick to describing both areas instead of completely dismissing them? Going for the easy label was just a cheap shot.

jan

On the Ice
I agree with the last post as well. David Pelletier actually bothered me last night. His comment to Jamie " how would you know...who have you ever lifted" was not called for.
On the other hand Tracey Wilson is the best in the business.

Antilles

Medalist
Other than the one-trick pony comment, I thought S&P veered on the side of too nice. I don't like commentators who dump on everyone, but they should point out things that can be improved. I think S&P will do fine with a bit more experience.

I agree Vic Router is rude. I'm surprised Lambiel didn't smack him after the SP.

I also agree with the "commentator hair" comment. I thought Jamie looked just like Barb Underhill with that hair. It does make her look a bit older, but I was getting used to it by day two.

flossie

Spectator
Best commentators

Tracey does have some original insights...eg. Varner is a much better skater than his choreography. However, Rod Black is the king of the hackneyed phrase. He has improved from years ago when he would have so little to say that there would be 3 sec gaps between his words. I missed Jamie & David ...for their 1st time they sounded OK

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I'm sure those of us in the US will be blessed by Paul Wylie and Susie Wynne on ESPN

I second that, Love Suzie! Suzie W Rules the com spot!!!!

And Jamie's hair I HAVE to say I love it, love love love it. She looks like a bright, powerful, professional and sexy WOMAN!:love: :love: Ger baby, ger ger...

Last edited:

celtic_gal

Spectator
I'm also really enjoying David & Jamie's commentating so far. It's certainly refreshing to hear a pair skater's perspective.

But as for Jamie's hair, what was that girl thinking? She's way to young for that hair. Somebody please tell her to grow it out.