Thread: Canadian men

On the Ice

Canadian men

Good for Shawn Sawyer much better than the short. Kudo's to Vaughn on his debut for his very first event. He needs to improve on his PCS as he has proved he can jump.

Custom Title
    Good job Canadian team!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    I missed Jeff, but am proud of both Shawn and Vaughn for a job well done. We need new guys to continue the great Canadian tradition in the men's discipline. Vaughn is a great jumper. Look forward to Canadians. It should be exciting.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    What happened to Emmanuel, did he not compete or did he retire??

Dee
    Last edited by Dee4707; 11-12-2006 at 09:35 PM.

Go NJ Devils
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    What happened to Emmanuel, did he not compete or did he retire??

Dee
    He wasn't selected for Skate Canada. His events are Cup of China (just finished yesterday) and Cup of Russia in a few weeks. (I don't want to put spoilers for CoC in the SC thread, so I won't list his CoC result.)

I think the Canadians wanted to separate Buttle from Sandhu in the GP eliminations series and hopefully they would meet in the GPF.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan228 View Post
    He wasn't selected for Skate Canada. His events are Cup of China (just finished yesterday) and Cup of Russia in a few weeks. (I don't want to put spoilers for CoC in the SC thread, so I won't list his CoC result.)
    Thanks Hockeyfan, I know that the past several years Emmanuel has skated at SC and I was looking forward to his program. I also thought I remembered that he wasn't going to retire just yet but was for sure. Now, I will look forward to his skate at Cup of China.

Dee

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I think the Canadians wanted to separate Buttle from Sandhu in the GP eliminations series and hopefully they would meet in the GPF.
    Actually the selection of Grand prix assignments was not done by the federations. Because Emanuel was 5th and Jeff was 6th at worlds they weren't sent to the same grand prix. The top 3 (Lambiel, Joubert and Lysacek) were all sent to different assignment as were the 4th-6th placed skaters (Oda, Sandhu and Buttle).

~D