Canadian men | Golden Skate

Canadian men

dance4u

Rinkside
Good for Shawn Sawyer much better than the short. Kudo's to Vaughn on his debut for his very first event. He needs to improve on his PCS as he has proved he can jump.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I missed Jeff, but am proud of both Shawn and Vaughn for a job well done. We need new guys to continue the great Canadian tradition in the men's discipline. Vaughn is a great jumper. Look forward to Canadians. It should be exciting.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What happened to Emmanuel, did he not compete or did he retire??

Dee

Last edited:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
What happened to Emmanuel, did he not compete or did he retire??

Dee
He wasn't selected for Skate Canada. His events are Cup of China (just finished yesterday) and Cup of Russia in a few weeks. (I don't want to put spoilers for CoC in the SC thread, so I won't list his CoC result.)

I think the Canadians wanted to separate Buttle from Sandhu in the GP eliminations series and hopefully they would meet in the GPF.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He wasn't selected for Skate Canada. His events are Cup of China (just finished yesterday) and Cup of Russia in a few weeks. (I don't want to put spoilers for CoC in the SC thread, so I won't list his CoC result.)
Thanks Hockeyfan, I know that the past several years Emmanuel has skated at SC and I was looking forward to his program. I also thought I remembered that he wasn't going to retire just yet but was for sure. Now, I will look forward to his skate at Cup of China.

Dee

DivaDes

Rinkside
I think the Canadians wanted to separate Buttle from Sandhu in the GP eliminations series and hopefully they would meet in the GPF.

Actually the selection of Grand prix assignments was not done by the federations. Because Emanuel was 5th and Jeff was 6th at worlds they weren't sent to the same grand prix. The top 3 (Lambiel, Joubert and Lysacek) were all sent to different assignment as were the 4th-6th placed skaters (Oda, Sandhu and Buttle).

~D