Why I think Cohen deserved silver in Turin. | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Why I think Cohen deserved silver in Turin.

Ant - A fall is not the end of the world, and in some cases in 6.0 it was often overlooked. I remember one comp that IS skated with 2 falls she still got high scores.

Lambiel's fall on the quad this Skate Canada, he made the air rotations but but. He got credit for poor quad.

Joe

IDLERACER

Medalist
If its of any interest, she recently showed up at the grand opening of the Los Angeles Observatory (after being closed for four years of repair). Click HERE to see a very large image of her from the occasion...Or HERE to view a more reasonably sized one.

John King

Final Flight
If its of any interest, she recently showed up at the grand opening of the Los Angeles Observatory (after being closed for four years of repair). Click HERE to see a very large image of her from the occasion...Or HERE to view a more reasonably sized one.

I think you got your links reverse with the description of them......:scratch:

IDLERACER

Medalist
Whoa...They sort of reversed themselves. That first link used to look like what the 2nd one looks like for about two seconds when you first click on it.

IDLERACER

Medalist
The question remains, Will Sasha be beautiful at 40? and will she be happy?
Katarina Witt is currently 40 and beautiful, and I'm sure Ms. Cohen will be as well. 20 years from now, I can easily picture her running a chain of successful ice cream parlors in Orange County, with a little help from her dad.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker

I always wonder how she will view her skating career... will she be proud of all she accomplished or will she be bitter & disappointed that she never won the "Big One." I also wonder that about Michelle & Irina - granted, they've won more titles, but the Big One also eluded both...

SeaniBu

Record Breaker

Well I am in agreeance with the last two posts here, Peggy is over 55 (think 58) and she IMO is still quite lovely:love: . I think Sasha will remain a very attractive woman into her 50s as well. But maybe I am weird I guess because I still think Lauren Hutton is really still a beautiful woman. I guess Sasha has as good - if not better - chance of looking "fine" as Liz Taylor. JMO

And they should all be proud of their careers, just the fact they compete on the level they do and how well known they are in the sport should give them a resounding amount of personal pride. Now Sasha is most often thought of as being her own worst critic, so if she is not happy now??? who knows. She should be IMO but she also could be the type to be whipping her self until she is forced to realize she was great at what she did - too much speculation there. But I would imagine she COULD be if she allows herself to be.

Also brings to mind the 2 guys at COI that shouted out at the end of the program "I Love You Sasha!" are going to think she is beautiful at any age.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I always wonder how she will view her skating career... will she be proud of all she accomplished or will she be bitter & disappointed that she never won the "Big One." I also wonder that about Michelle & Irina - granted, they've won more titles, but the Big One also eluded both...

I think there will always be an underlying disappointment that they never achieved the biggest of their dreams... but I hope they look at it much like others in their sport have (namely, Kurt Browning)...

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I think there will always be an underlying disappointment that they never achieved the biggest of their dreams... but I hope they look at it much like others in their sport have (namely, Kurt Browning)...

Exactly!!! Kurt is such a great example vs. say.... Rosalyn??

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty

I think it will be even worse on Sasha since she never even won Worlds, and never won U.S Nationals with Kwan in the field. For Irina and Michelle I think there will always be regret deep inside they never won the Olympics, but time away from competitive side of the sport, which may have already started for both although I havent ruled out Michelle returning, will help heal the wounds.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
we're assuming that Sasha sees Michelle in teh same light that most figure skating fans do... as being THE one... she could think of MK like man of the nay-sayers do and just feel that Nationals was always *given* to her.

I don't know if that's true or not, but I think a National title even without Michelle is worth a great deal (After all Kimmie went on and won the World title, so ya know she did beat a pretty strong competitor)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Michelle has her two Olympic medals to console her. The silver medal was won with a brilliant performance she can long remember and be proud of.

Sasha's silver medal, OTOH, was won because it was the 'best of the rest' and Sasha seems uncomfortable with the memory of it.

Dibs

Rinkside
If Sasha looks at it from a good perspective, she has nothing to regret. She did what she loved, won some world medals, and did what a thousands of girls dream of doing, making it to the Olympics (twice no less). Very few reach the level Sasha has reached, and she should applaud herself for the haves and shrug off the have nots. Easier said than done though.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
If Sasha looks at it from a good perspective, she has nothing to regret. She did what she loved, won some world medals, and did what a thousands of girls dream of doing, making it to the Olympics (twice no less). Very few reach the level Sasha has reached, and she should applaud herself for the haves and shrug off the have nots. Easier said than done though.
She also has never come in lower than 4th in Senior International competition, and not lower than 3rd after 2003.