Toller holds forth again! New interview... | Golden Skate

Toller holds forth again! New interview...

76olympics

On the Ice
What can I say? He is just a memorable guy. His skating was completely distinctive and his books entertain me over and over . He can be really insufferable, but he is just so interesting ( to me, anyway!):

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...geid=971358637177&c=Article&cid=1162680609898

Toller: he has enough self-esteem to give some to you and perhaps North America! I think he is one of those skaters you love or hate and I fall in the first half.

It's been written that 3 figure skaters brought artistry to the sport:

Jackson Haines, the originator

John Curry, brought in choreography

Toller Cranston, brought in innovation.

I kind of agree.

Joe

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
What can I say? He is just a memorable guy. His skating was completely distinctive and his books entertain me over and over . He can be really insufferable, but he is just so interesting ( to me, anyway!):

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...geid=971358637177&c=Article&cid=1162680609898

Toller: he has enough self-esteem to give some to you and perhaps North America! I think he is one of those skaters you love or hate and I fall in the first half.

You beat me to the punch! I was going to start a thread on an interview recently done in Vancouver - the week of skate Canada that Toller was featured on. He was mainly in town to promote his paintings. He briefly touched on figure skating. I loved his comment that:

"figure skating is mainly judged by people who never made it in figure skating and also that after not receiving the top prize in skating - the ultimate goal of every skater, he finds it amusing that he was declared twenty years later and awarded a medal (by the same people) as the most creative influence in figure skating." Toller also says "he failed at figure skating." A statement that I don't agree with! As always even in a brief interview Toller is one of the most fascinating people to grace tv.

Thanks for this.