Ice Wars | Golden Skate

Ice Wars

Teenes

On the Ice
I'm not sure if the one pro competition of the season belongs here, or elsewhere, but...

Ice Wars took place last Thursday night in Hoffman Estates, IL, and was a great night of skating! Shizuka Arakawa, in particular, was awesome. I wrote up a review on my website and will have photos up later this week for anyone who's interested:
http://www.kurtfiles.com/reviews/icewars06.php

Ice Wars will be airing on CBS on Fri, Dec. 1, 2006 from 8-10PM EST. Do make sure to check it out - it's pretty much the last skating event on primetime network TV, and the last pro competition, and it needs the ratings!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Thanks, that was a nice review.:clap: Can't wait to see it!

How was Kurt footwork? Maybe it is not necessary to ask.

Now that it is on the Edge I feel obligated to say it contains spoilers of course, it's a review.

:biggrin: Not that Ice wars is ...well ... maybe you don't want to know who wins.:agree:

Last edited:
Thanks for the post. Great report.

I think I will transfer this to The Edge where more people will see it.

Mathman :)

isk82

On the Ice
Very nice review!!! Almost as good as being there. Thank you for sharing! :clap:

Teenes

On the Ice
Just bumping this to remind people Ice Wars is on TV tonight. Be sure to tune in! =)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I won't get to see it until at LEAST Sunday... stupid work schedule *pouts*

saw the ad last night and got all giddy... I don't get half as excited for the regular season oly eligible stuff... but show me a pro show or competition and I'm all over it (especially if it's a 'clash' between 'rivals' Kurt Browning and Brian Boitano!!!)

chania36

On the Ice
For sure I will be watching but thank you for the reminder, I forgot about it....

I was looking at the pictures and I ma so anxious to see Angela skate, it's been so long since we saw her on tv... She looks great...

I have looked the pictures of Oksana Baiul, I will admit, I loved her skating in the earlier years when she had a different body, she was so gracefull and just like a ballerina on ice, but today, on the picture, I feel that she is always choosing the wrong piece to skate to and to be in her style more... She is very athletic now, she is not the little frale little girl.... When you have so much a hard built body, maybe a softer music would be more appropriated for her, oh well, she is the one who decides and she always come with some perticular programs, I just cant wait to see if it will be better on tv....

The rest of the cast, I just cant wait to see them, I miss all the skaters that were in the early 90's... so this is a chance...

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can't wait to see Alexei. I miss him.

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Can't wait to see Alexei. I miss him.

Dee

I was surprised that he barely got a footnote in the commercial... it was all about Kurt and Brian... and I was actually happy about that... none are finer! :love:

IDLERACER

Medalist
If you're on the east coast, Ice Wars is probably on right now. Here on the west coast, it'll be another three hours.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Were there other male skaters, I only saw Alexei. :love: :love: :love:

Dee

IDLERACER

Medalist
Well, if no one else is going to mention it, I will. Is it safe to say that Oksana Baiul has been spending a little too much time in tanning booths? That skin tone isn't a good match for that peroxided hair. :unsure:

nubka

Final Flight
Well, if no one else is going to mention it, I will. Is it safe to say that Oksana Baiul has been spending a little too much time in tanning booths? That skin tone isn't a good match for that peroxided hair. :unsure:

It is very safe to say it!! Even my husband noticed it, although he couldn't quite put his finger on what it was about her. What he actually said was: "what is wrong with her, she looks kind of weird..."

Although being a fan of hers since the beginning, I have to say that I didn't like either of her programs (especially the first one.) Sorry, Oksana, but there it is!

Kasey

Medalist

Fake blonde.....fake very off tan.....and in the second program, gosh, get something that your butt cheeks actually fit into! Ugh

melissahlz

Spectator
Fake blonde.....fake very off tan.....and in the second program, gosh, get something that your butt cheeks actually fit into! Ugh
Oh thank goodness someone else thought the same thing... the backside of that second outfit was very disturbing!!

Her whole "look" was so distracting that I couldn't even tell you what her skating looked like. :disapp: