Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the stars

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu

Dancing with the stars

I don't normally watchDancing with the stars though I did last night. I don't really know the names of the dancers and their entertainer partners but one of the entertainers's name is Everette. I was wanted to know to know if anykone could tell me the name of the peices of music that this team danced to? I am mostly interested in the song sung by a mail.
    Daniel

Hi Daniel, long time no post!
    Anyway did you try their web site? There might be information on the dancers and their music.

If you are referring to Emmit and Cheryl It was likely Dance to the Music from Sly and the Family Stone. Great song!

Just went on the site - I only vote and look at pics of Cheryl - but they do have a "what was the music.
    http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancing/music.html

I looked for the old thread a little last, so I am glad this came up. I was Exasperated when Carri Ann held up a 9 after the Waltz. Emmit was fantastic IMO and obviously the other 2 Judges and rest of the world felt the same. I mean for the whole premiss and not having been a full fledged dancer for a life time...you get the drift. I am super impressed with this season. Joey and Emmit I think have come further than Mario.

Mario had the natural ability to start but has not seemed to come very far with it. The others caught up to him quickly and are right there with him now. I also am not impressed with his facial expressions while dancing, yet if I was attracted to guys I might feel differently. He does appear to be super cute. But Emmit is got all that appeal as a man, very much the "all types" of handsome. Joey too has great appeal when dancing but seems so goofy to me talking, neat guy. Of course off the floor these factors shouldn't matter - but I think they do.

Sorry I am going off again.

This is going to be tough. There are things I like about all three...the twinkle in Mario's eye, Joey is so cute and seems to have such a great personality, but Emmitt steals the show I think. To see a big ole football player dancing with such style and grace just does it for me, LOL. IMO the judges want a final between Joey and Emmitt.

Result response -

Awwwww So tainted, Happy for Emmit n Cheryl, but poor Joey.

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    I so wanted to see a showdown between Joey and Mario. I would've watched that. Joey's been a dancer since he was like 5 years old.
    Last edited by CzarinaAnya; 11-08-2006 at 11:18 PM.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piel View Post
    This is going to be tough. There are things I like about all three...the twinkle in Mario's eye, Joey is so cute and seems to have such a great personality, but Emmitt steals the show I think. To see a big ole football player dancing with such style and grace just does it for me, LOL. IMO the judges want a final between Joey and Emmitt.
    Piel, you're back..........where have you been??

Dee

Although he improved a lot and did well, I just don't see it in Emmit. To me, he is too large to ever be very artistic in my eyes. He does seem like a really nice guy. Wouldn't it be something if they got figure skaters to do those dance contests? I don't know if their skating would eliminate their possibility since
    they probably have taken dance lessons.

Glad to see Danny back. I have been wondering for a long time what he is doing???

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piel View Post
    This is going to be tough. .the twinkle in Mario's eye
    I just like looking at Mario...........all the time!!!!

Dee

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I just like looking at Mario...........all the time!!!!

Dee
    It is nice to know that my "sappy ways" of how I look at Cheryl are not unique to just me
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 11-10-2006 at 02:50 PM.

Custom Title
    I actually prefer Emmitt over Mario simply because he looks like he's having a great time, can move his hips and actually moves to the music. He's a football player so he should be big, but that hasn't stopped him from getting down with his bad self.:chorus:

I actually wanted Mario gone. I liked Joey better as well although sometimes he seemed so stiff out there. I always seem to prefer those who actually improve over those who start out good and just stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    Piel, you're back..........where have you been??

Dee
    Watching football and supporting the telephone company

Quote Originally Posted by swannanoa54 View Post
    I actually wanted Mario gone. I liked Joey better as well although sometimes he seemed so stiff out there. I always seem to prefer those who actually improve over those who start out good and just stay there.
    Words of greatness

Just an average girl
    So what did people think of the final?

I loved the first two dances, but was underwhelmed by the freestyles. A lift can be wonderful, but it should be a natural part of a routine. These lifts were disruptive and no one deserved a 10.

I agree about the freestyle - fun but...just fun. Thought the other dances were nice. The one arm lift was a little shaky but no complaint from me, that would be silly, he is the first contestant that could do something like the one arm - particularly with Cheryl. I feel Emmit out performed Mario, but mario's skills were higher - of course Mario hasn't really improved, just fine-tuned the skill he has already be taught sense he was 5.

Emmit = 48 tech / 64 pcs

Mario = 51 tech / 56 pcs.

If it is Dancing with the STARS, Emmit should win. If it is A official ballroom dancing contest, Mario - but still would be close.
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 11-15-2006 at 01:03 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast