Dancing with the stars | Golden Skate

Dancing with the stars

kzarah

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
On the Ice
I don't normally watchDancing with the stars though I did last night. I don't really know the names of the dancers and their entertainer partners but one of the entertainers's name is Everette. I was wanted to know to know if anykone could tell me the name of the peices of music that this team danced to? I am mostly interested in the song sung by a mail.
Daniel

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Hi Daniel, long time no post!
Anyway did you try their web site? There might be information on the dancers and their music.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
If you are referring to Emmit and Cheryl:love: :love: :love: It was likely Dance to the Music from Sly and the Family Stone. Great song!

Just went on the site - I only vote and look at pics of Cheryl:laugh: - but they do have a "what was the music.
http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancing/music.html

I looked for the old thread a little last, so I am glad this came up. I was Exasperated when Carri Ann held up a 9 after the Waltz. Emmit was fantastic IMO and obviously the other 2 Judges and rest of the world felt the same. I mean for the whole premiss and not having been a full fledged dancer for a life time...you get the drift. I am super impressed with this season. Joey and Emmit I think have come further than Mario.

Mario had the natural ability to start but has not seemed to come very far with it. The others caught up to him quickly and are right there with him now. I also am not impressed with his facial expressions while dancing, yet if I was attracted to guys I might feel differently. He does appear to be super cute. But Emmit is got all that appeal as a man, very much the "all types" of handsome. Joey too has great appeal when dancing but seems so goofy to me talking, neat guy. Of course off the floor these factors shouldn't matter - but I think they do.

Sorry I am going off again.:cool:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
This is going to be tough. There are things I like about all three...the twinkle in Mario's eye, Joey is so cute and seems to have such a great personality, but Emmitt steals the show I think. To see a big ole football player dancing with such style and grace just does it for me, LOL. IMO the judges want a final between Joey and Emmitt.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Result response -

Awwwww:cry: So tainted, Happy for Emmit n Cheryl, but poor Joey.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I so wanted to see a showdown between Joey and Mario. I would've watched that. Joey's been a dancer since he was like 5 years old.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is going to be tough. There are things I like about all three...the twinkle in Mario's eye, Joey is so cute and seems to have such a great personality, but Emmitt steals the show I think. To see a big ole football player dancing with such style and grace just does it for me, LOL. IMO the judges want a final between Joey and Emmitt.
Piel, you're back..........where have you been??

Dee

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Although he improved a lot and did well, I just don't see it in Emmit. To me, he is too large to ever be very artistic in my eyes. He does seem like a really nice guy. Wouldn't it be something if they got figure skaters to do those dance contests? I don't know if their skating would eliminate their possibility since
they probably have taken dance lessons.

Glad to see Danny back. I have been wondering for a long time what he is doing??? :love:

swannanoa54

On the Ice
I actually prefer Emmitt over Mario simply because he looks like he's having a great time, can move his hips and actually moves to the music. He's a football player so he should be big, but that hasn't stopped him from getting down with his bad self.:chorus:

I actually wanted Mario gone. I liked Joey better as well although sometimes he seemed so stiff out there. I always seem to prefer those who actually improve over those who start out good and just stay there.:biggrin:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I actually wanted Mario gone. I liked Joey better as well although sometimes he seemed so stiff out there. I always seem to prefer those who actually improve over those who start out good and just stay there.:biggrin:

Words of greatness:agree:

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
So what did people think of the final?

I loved the first two dances, but was underwhelmed by the freestyles. A lift can be wonderful, but it should be a natural part of a routine. These lifts were disruptive and no one deserved a 10. :cool:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I agree about the freestyle - fun but...just fun. Thought the other dances were nice. The one arm lift was a little shaky but no complaint from me, that would be silly, he is the first contestant that could do something like the one arm - particularly with Cheryl. I feel Emmit out performed Mario, but mario's skills were higher - of course Mario hasn't really improved, just fine-tuned the skill he has already be taught sense he was 5.

Emmit = 48 tech / 64 pcs

Mario = 51 tech / 56 pcs.:laugh:

If it is Dancing with the STARS, Emmit should win. If it is A official ballroom dancing contest, Mario - but still would be close.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I haven't really watched the whole show and just tuned in about 5 shows ago. So Sean, are you saying that Mario is already a dancer?? Well, if that's true, I think most of the stars would have some dance in their resume. I guess watching both guys last night I would vote for Mario because what he performed last night was good, not so much the freestyle but the other dances. Just my humble opinion, trying to be honest and not get caught up in those dimples and that nice.................oooooooops better stop, I'll get a tongue lashing from Math.

I heard on the radio that Emmit is getting the most votes because all the football players are voting for him. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
are you saying that Mario is already a dancer?? Well, if that's true, I think most of the stars would have some dance in their resume.

I learned that from CzarinaAnya, that he has been "trained" more so then some of the others - Emmit in particular had no Dance just football foot work.

If some are voting for Emmit just because he was a football player I think that is fine because of how many are likely voting for Mario just because of a crush when they were younger or he cute. There is no specific criteria to "why" anyone votes. Personally I think it is about improvement, quality and entertainment value.

I admit that I am going to be influenced at first to anyone who has Cheryl *ah sigh* in their arms - she is quite a lady and exceedingly good looking IMO, but I start to realize there is a majority out there voting for the exact same reason. But in this case and last season, I feel she was with the Best OVER ALL dancer. It might be she is the best coach / instructor. At least she doesn't come across as being a bratty smart mouth like Kat. She appears to know when to be stern but also how not to just be a jerk to someone trying.

So if I at all liked Kat, I likely would have thrown 1 vote out of the 5 their way for I do like Mario (outside of how much he likes himself and is a Momma's boy) and feel he is a great dancer - to some degree. I was voting that way last season. But this time they have all gone to Emmit and Cheryl as soon as Joey was removed.

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
I heard on the radio that Emmit is getting the most votes because all the football players are voting for him. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

I guess they had better success in voting than I did. Try as I might, I couldn't get a call through. I did manage to register my five votes for Emmitt and Cheryl on the internet. :clap:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
The results from Dancing with the Stars were definitely favourtism. I am sure Emmet won not for his talent, but due to popularity. I still don't think Emmet is much of a dancer. I am sure Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly would agree. Oh well, who am I to comprehend these things? I thought for sure Mairo or Joey would win. Who would guess a guy with two left feet would win a dance contest? Only in America of course.