Condoleezza Rice to make announcement about Michelle Kwan on 11/9 | Golden Skate

Condoleezza Rice to make announcement about Michelle Kwan on 11/9

kittyjake5

On the Ice
I just read this on usocpressbox.org Mathman I know you told me how
to link - I tried but failed.

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Wow... tres cool... since she won't be paid for this, I wonder if she'll get credit for school... its never good to give it away for free...:p

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
President Bush recently told one of our new ambassadors: "Your job is primarily public diplomacy." At a time when rumor and myth reach mass audiences in seconds, communicating with foreign publics is vital to the success of our foreign policy and it is the job of all of us, from public diplomacy and public affairs professional to ambassador, to Cabinet Secretary, to Senator, to President, to every individual American."

I hope that's an adequate summary :)

I wonder if that is the same as a full ambassadorship. If so, she will be in for many perks, the least of which she will be entitled to a Red Passport which she just has to flash in any country and breeze through customs.

Scotch at $2. a bottle. Tax free purchases, etc. etc. Lots of gala invitations.

Hope she makes a speech at the UN. I'll go to it.

WOW. Lucky gal and much deserving of it.

Joe

Last edited:

MKFSfan

Medalist
Aw! What a great honor! Who would've thought that little 12 year old jumping bean would one day become a public diplomacy ambassador??? I hope Michelle has a great time at the Summer Games in China! Maybe this will be step one for taking over the ISU....:agree:

But it's a day too late! They should have named her yesterday so the legions of Kwaniacs could have rushed to the polls and voted for the candidates she endorsed!

Scotch at $2.00 a bottle? :cool:

I for one will be there front and center at the 23rd street entrance at 3:15, phony press card at the ready.

But seriously, Michelle totally rules. Good on 'er.

(Gotta rush over to the MK Forum and get in on the celebration.) :party2:

PS. Kittyjakes, just put www. in front of the web address and it will work. :)

Last edited:

nubka

Final Flight
President Bush recently told one of our new ambassadors: "Your job is primarily public diplomacy." At a time when rumor and myth reach mass audiences in seconds, communicating with foreign publics is vital to the success of our foreign policy and it is the job of all of us, from public diplomacy and public affairs professional to ambassador, to Cabinet Secretary, to Senator, to President, to every individual American."

I hope that's an adequate summary :)

Well, let's just hope that this will help improve Michelle's public speaking skills...

Since she seems to be loved wherever she goes, I'm sure that she will do great in this new role.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great news for Michelle. Mathman you are too funny. I just left MKF and they are celebrating and I am too.

IDLERACER

Medalist
But it's a day too late! They should have named her yesterday so the legions of Kwaniacs could have rushed to the polls and voted for the candidates she endorsed!
She endorsed somebody? She has always impressed me as being completely apolitical. At least publicly.

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
Rice is a big figure skating fan

She asked to meet with Shen/Zhao while visiting China in 2004/2005. She told shen/zhao that she was mesmerized with their performance at 2003 worlds in D.C.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
If she goes hunting with him that is the safest place to stand:laugh:

Psst..that was Dick Cheney with the hunting accident.

Either way, like the bumper sticker I saw here in Mass said--"I'd Rather Hunt With Dick Cheney Than Ride With Ted Kennedy."