Do you wear fragrance...?? | Golden Skate

Do you wear fragrance...??

nubka

Final Flight
Collecting and wearing perfume is my favorite hobby. I know however, that in today's society, there are many who don't want to wear/be around fragrance, because it gives them a headache, they are allergic, etc....

Do you enjoy fragrance, and if so, what have you been wearing lately?

Lately, I have been wearing a lot of:

Angel
Dior Addict
Genie de Bois (Keiko Mecheri)
Mitsouko (Guerlain)

What say you??

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I love it too! It seems that my favorites are always being d/c'd or the formula changed until they smell nothing like the original. In college it was Aliage by Estee Lauder, followed by Jai Ose by Guy Laroche, then Robert Isabell's Calla and Mandarin. Now I have returned to Clinique's Aromatic Elixer.

diver chick

On the Ice
I do - I love it although I usually forget to spray before I leave the house so I tend to use body lotions of the perfumes as well.

My favourite perfume is Ghost, I have four different types and love them all for different reasons and times.

IndieBoi

On the Ice
I LOVE fragrances... I wear it everyday to work. I try to be very subtle for the most part except when I'm out clubbing, lol. Right now I have D&G, Eternity Summer, Pleasure for Men (Estee Lauder), L'eau d'Issey (Issey Miyake), Romance for Men (Ralph Lauren), and Sun (Jill Sander).

I seem to buy colognes when I'm travelling... either at airport duty free's or on board the plane. But a friend of mine is a quality control engineer at Estee Lauder Canada now, so he's been hooking me up with some very incredible discounts. :love:

My mom and sis also love perfumes... they've worn so many different stuff but the one they seem to always come back to is Beautiful by Estee Lauder. It is such a gorgeous fragrance in my opinion.

nubka

Final Flight
I enjoy Aliage, too! Cinnabar & Azuree are also two of my EL oldies but goodies!

For those of you that enjoy EL's Beyond Paradise, it has a new spin-off called Beyond Paradise Blue. It has been getting rave reviews over at the perfume community where I post a lot...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
no, why, what are you trying to say?

:laugh:

I can't wear a lot of fragrances because I get headaches easily... when I do it's a light vanilla scent...

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Fragrance from my much younger days.............Love's Baby Soft, Ambush by Dana....this was THE fragrance for teen girls in the late 60's, and Estee Lauder's Youth Dew.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I've been hooked on Estee Lauder's Eternity, lately. Before that, it was Bath and Body Works, Sun Ripened Rasberries. :)

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
no, why, what are you trying to say?

:laugh:

I can't wear a lot of fragrances because I get headaches easily... when I do it's a light vanilla scent...

Me too...no fair at all, is it?:frown:
There are very few scents that I can wear or be exposed to because of severe allergies. I find that essential oils are less bothersome than alcohol-based perfumes (although for some bizzare reason I can wear Paloma Picasso and still breathe). There's a company called Eastern Star that does some really nice perfume creams - my favorite is sandalwood and vanilla.
Rave

nubka

Final Flight
Me too...no fair at all, is it?:frown:
There are very few scents that I can wear or be exposed to because of severe allergies. I find that essential oils are less bothersome than alcohol-based perfumes (although for some bizzare reason I can wear Paloma Picasso and still breathe). There's a company called Eastern Star that does some really nice perfume creams - my favorite is sandalwood and vanilla.
Rave

Now that's amazing, becaue Paloma Picasso is definately a heavy hitting 80's chypre, with strong sillage. I love it, but because of your allergies, I'm so suprised that you can wear it!

megsk8z

On the Ice
All I have been wearing since college is "L'Air du Temps" by Nina Ricci. And that was a long time ago.
I was also in love with J'ai Ose by Guy LaRoche, Paris, but can't find it anywhere anymore.
And I think that any perfume that can be smelled by anyone with their nose farther away from my neck that 3" is wearing too much.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
My favorite perfume is Clinique's 'Happy' which is very springy and fresh and my current choice for the fall is 'Spirit' which is made by Roots. I got it while I was on vacation in Toronto last month and I LOVE it. :love:

My perfume growing up was always fluctuating between Debbie Gibson's 'Electric Youth' and Benetton. I hope someone out there actually remembers those or I will feel really dorky, LOL :laugh:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I didn't have the Electric youth perfume, but I still have that cassette! :laugh: Debbie Gibson was totally rad! :D

Jhar55

Medalist
Lately I've been using the body sprays from Victoria Secret along with the body lotions. Little spritz last all day and not over bearing.
I still have a wee bit of Katia left along with a bottle of lotion only use on special occasions.

nubka

Final Flight
My favorite perfume is Clinique's 'Happy' which is very springy and fresh and my current choice for the fall is 'Spirit' which is made by Roots. I got it while I was on vacation in Toronto last month and I LOVE it. :love:

My perfume growing up was always fluctuating between Debbie Gibson's 'Electric Youth' and Benetton. I hope someone out there actually remembers those or I will feel really dorky, LOL :laugh:

I remember Colors by Benetton, and I really liked it! I think it's still available, too.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Because I work in a kitchen, I don't usually. But I have a small bottle of an essential-oil scent called Russian Amber I sometimes wear, and if I'm getting all dolled up, I wear Shalimar (Guerlain of Paris).

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
There was this Cologne from Calvin Kline - CK for a Man - Back in the late 80's early 90's and they changed it. It was never the same and I pretty much stopped wearing anything regularly since. On occasion though, the one I will wear is Sent of a Man from the Body Shop. It is nice. But I realized my bottle is low and they might go and change that too.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
I remember Colors by Benetton, and I really liked it! I think it's still available, too.

Yeah, that's the one! I haven't seen it around here but I also haven't been looking for it either, LOL :laugh:

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Debbie Gibson was cool at one point! :rock:

heyang

Record Breaker
I don't really wear perfumes. I'm usually in a rush and forget to spritz. I do like using scented body lotions and sometimes have the matching body spray. Scents have fluctuated over time. This fall I was wearing Bath & Body Wokrs Breathe Energy. I also liked their Happiness scent, but am waiting for the big semi annual sale to stock up. Currently, I'm using almond scented lotions. I like citrusy stuff for summer.

Part of the reason I don't like perfume is that it tends to cling to sweaters and can get stale smelling.