Do you wear fragrance...?? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Do you wear fragrance...??

All I've worn for years is an essential oil from Body Shop: White Musk. Hmm, maybe it's time for a change... this thread is giving me ideas.

Can you folks recommend any perfumes for a 14-going-on-15-year-old girl? This is for a gift. I was wondering about "Beautiful" - I'd love to give her one called that, because I'm not sure she gets enough praise in her life. (Her mother died a few years ago, and she lives with an aunt.)

I loved perfumes at that age, but some are just too strong for a not too sophisticated teenager.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I was wondering about "Beautiful" - I'd love to give her one called that,

IMO Beautiful smells like a fragrance for Ladies in their 40s or more. I think it is like Lauren Huttons makeup, just made for the older crowd. I hate to say it because it is kinda cheesy, but "Fantasy" from Britney Spears I kinda liked for my nieces - 16 and 17. But they don't really like the "Britney connection" but they should realize Britney had nothing to do with creating it. Lins also said something about Glow or something, but Dani I think said she wanted Serandipidius (sp) - made me think of supercalafragilisticexpealitoshous. Christmas is getting close or I would likely have no idea. My 21 year old neice I have no cule what she wares.

Why the heck am I even commenting on this????:cool: I don't even have a kid or am a lady:rofl: Anyhoo, I liked Fantasy. But I really like the oils from the Body Shop more then any I have smelled.

nubka

Final Flight
I like Fantasy, too! I was given a bottle of it last Christmas. It's really a yummy gourmand, with a very pretty cupcake note in it. Here are my suggestions for a 14 - 15 year old.

1. Curious (a very pretty magnolia musk)

2. Hilary Duff With Love (light & feminine, with a slightly spicy anise note)

3. Noa Fleur (smells like cherry blossoms to me!)

Oh, those are nice ideas. Maybe she likes HIllary Duff too, I don't know. I will check those out (and avoid Beautiful).

When you say "a pretty cupcake note" do you mean literally a note tucked in the package, or a hint of a cupcake fragrance?

I also thought of giving her a gift certificate to the Body Shop and recommending that she check out all their oils. Maybe I'll do both.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
You know, being as I have already showed my "femmi side" here;) , I would recommend Origins Ginger soap bar. The thing is massive and will last forever - worth the 14 bucks - and is such a wonderful smell. There is also a tangerine one that I first tried, but it is just to "happy" that by the end of the bar I was ready for a change - where as the Ginger I will never get tied of. Their salt and sugar scrubs are nice to, oh, and the eye cream worked good for me and a few others (ladies) I know. Last, this is weird from a guy (well maybe not Johnny:laugh: ), but Shiseido eyelash curler is positively the greatest thing for eyelashes I have ever witnessed. I have never seen eyelashes just go BAM with that curler.

Also a big fan of the mango butter from Body Shop, just a tini bit works like a ton of Jergens or something - again TINI BIT or you will be rubbing it in for hours.

Last edited:

nubka

Final Flight
Oh, those are nice ideas. Maybe she likes HIllary Duff too, I don't know. I will check those out (and avoid Beautiful).

When you say "a pretty cupcake note" do you mean literally a note tucked in the package, or a hint of a cupcake fragrance?

I also thought of giving her a gift certificate to the Body Shop and recommending that she check out all their oils. Maybe I'll do both.

A hint of cupcake fragrance. It's soooo yummy!

I know there's a lot of folks out there who don't like Britney Spears, but whoever it is that creates her fragrances sure has a good nose, lol!!

Thanks, Nubka.

There is someone I know VERY well who would like that Ginger bar, Seanibu....

(Hmm, when will I deserve another reward?)

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
I love the original Paris Hilton perfume. Haven't checked out her new one yet. I also love the Cherry Blossom scent from bath & Body Works. Very light and fresh and doesn't seem to give anyone headaches. I recently bought the 9-scent pack from The Body Shop. Nine little spray bottles that are designed to be mixed to create custom scents. Amorito mixed with Zinzibar is yummy!

76olympics

On the Ice
I like Body and Bath Works ( several scents) , CSP Vanille Abricot, Tatiana, and Calgon Morning Glory. I still like Charlie for some reason! They had Charlies Naturals scent they discontinued that was really nice...

nubka

Final Flight
I like Body and Bath Works ( several scents) , CSP Vanille Abricot, Tatiana, and Calgon Morning Glory. I still like Charlie for some reason! They had Charlies Naturals scent they discontinued that was really nice...

Charlie is great, you have good taste! I still remember those early Charlie commericials from the late 70's....

Is anyone here old enough to remember "Babe" (by Faberge.) That's an oldie that I really wish they would bring back!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I know 2 I really don't like! Beautiful and Happy. Right now I have Red Door and Anais Anais. I like Estee Lauder's White Linen a lot. I have E. Taylor's White Diamonds but it is too strong. The one's I really like are too expensive but I give me a present anyway.
Kind of like since my husband is gone I buy myself a birthday present and completely forget so buy another one. :rofl:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Grgranny I love Anais Anais......smells like lillys I think.

nubka

Final Flight
Anais Anais reminds me so much of the late 80's, and I still love it even now. To me, it's the perfect floral...

Here are the notes:

Top: Oragne Blossom
Middle: Lily. Hyacinth, Carnation
Base: Sandalwood, Incense

Last edited:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Luckily I'm not allergic to the soap I really like. Yardley . I just love it. Wish I knew how to keep the fragrance. After you use it for a while, there is no fragrance left. It's hard.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Yardly has the best lavender of anyone.

Hey did any of you ever wear Love's Baby Soft.....the original is one I remember fondly from high school. It was also the first fragrances for all of my nieces. Love also made several other scents..Rain is the only one I can remember right now. None were as nice as Baby Soft.

ranjake

Final Flight
LOVE fragrances and love hearing everyone's choices...can't wait to try them! my new favorite is philosophy's "amazing grace"...it's so feminine but clean! people have been screaming "you smell GREAT!" at me when i wear it...i got it from sephora...i don't know if it's in other stores...i'm really into pink grapefruit notes...any tips re: grapefruity scents are greatly appreciated.