Thread: Yu Na Kim medal

Custom Title

Yu Na Kim medal

I'm wondering if Yu Na Kim's medal is the first South Korean medal in a senior competition? Or Korea did win something before?

I haven't yet checked out her programs on youtube but I will eventually.

I find it kind of anticlimatic that both Mao and Yu Na didn't win their respective GPs. It's hard to believe after all the writings.

Joe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gio View Post
    I'm wondering if Yu Na Kim's medal is the first South Korean medal in a senior competition?
    Yes, as the headline "Korean wins the country's first [senior] figure skating medal" indicates:
    http://joongangdaily.joins.com/20061...090409041.html

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I find it kind of anticlimatic that both Mao and Yu Na didn't win their respective GPs. It's hard to believe after all the writings.
    Not winning their first GP of the season doesn't necessarily diminish their potential or talent, now does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Yes, as the headline "Korean wins the country's first [senior] figure skating medal" indicates:
    http://joongangdaily.joins.com/20061...090409041.html

Not winning their first GP of the season doesn't necessarily diminish their potential or talent, now does it?
    I didn't mean to imply that. It's just that in the two GPs I had them in first place in the contest. Just a disappointment.