Surprise Dance Results | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Surprise Dance Results

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I say if they're behind with the training and are not preforming this new FD well, bag it and go back to last years....If there was a year to do that, this is it.

Just my 2 cents.

As far as I'm concerned, last year's FD didn't exactly set the place on fire, either, so maybe they might want to go back to the year before that..... :frown2: :frown2:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From what I've seen in the videos, so far Denkova/Staviiski look awfully good to defend their World title. D/L's program is sweet, romantic and, well, dull. It would be a great exhibition, but as a competitive program, it falls way short. B/A's program is clearly in the early development stages, but I am not at all impressed by what I've seen so far. I don't think rehashed Hollywood music is the way to the top of the podium. DomShabs may have political clout, but their skating is still not at top level, and their music is vastly overused. So far, the FD that matches up best with Den/Sta's is Gregory/Petukhov's. Strange but true.

lanadd

On the Ice
From what I've seen in the videos, so far Denkova/Staviiski look awfully good to defend their World title. D/L's program is sweet, romantic and, well, dull. It would be a great exhibition, but as a competitive program, it falls way short. B/A's program is clearly in the early development stages, but I am not at all impressed by what I've seen so far. I don't think rehashed Hollywood music is the way to the top of the podium. DomShabs may have political clout, but their skating is still not at top level, and their music is vastly overused. So far, the FD that matches up best with Den/Sta's is Gregory/Petukhov's. Strange but true.

I couldn't agree more with you. Some people are trying to deny this, because they have their own favourites from their own country, but even the points prove it. The closest (this one of D/L) to Den/Sta result is -4.9 points!!!

Chuckum - What do you mean by dull? Are you looking at dance as only Spanish or Russian gypsies can dance and who are unable to be sweet romantic?

I prefer diversity, but then that's me. I do agree also that D/S are the ones to bring diversity into their programs as they have for years and were underscored even the AfroBach.

Joe

lanadd

On the Ice
Chuckum - What do you mean by dull? Are you looking at dance as only Spanish or Russian gypsies can dance and who are unable to be sweet romantic?

I prefer diversity, but then that's me. I do agree also that D/S are the ones to bring diversity into their programs as they have for years and were underscored even the AfroBach.

Joe

D/L are very sweet and romantic indeed, but i am afraid it is just not enough for a world title!Altough for an exibition it would be one of the best programs i am sure!!:clap: