Skating, Indoors or Outdoors

• Indoor Rink

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Outdoor Rink

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I guess this is on a Majority of the time basis - to cold and snow of corse indoors is a blessing. So, I think it is best phrased as a Preference when the choice presents itself.

Inspired by this article - http://www.brainerddispatch.com/stories/111406/new_20061114029.shtml
Outdoor skating could be on way out
By RENEE RICHARDSON

"One recommendation was to flood the west side of the skating rink and not flood the hockey rink. Henke said an official recommendation is expected before the council meets in December, and he said if people have strong feelings about it, he'd like to know."
"He said $5,000 to $8,000 goes into the ice rinks annually. Henke suggested that money could be better spent on something the community uses all year."

Last edited:

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
If I'm actually out there working? Indoor, totally. But I've skated recreationally on outdoor rinks and it can be fun, like the rink at hte National Gallery of Art in Washington. They convert the fountain in the sculpture garden and you get to skate in a fairly big rink in neat surroundings.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Outdoor ponds-free, nostalgic, a fire, marshmallows, a thermos of cocoa, gliding to your own internal music, pick up hockey games. In a word, my childhood.