Pick the ladies you hope make top three at nationals.... | Golden Skate

Pick the ladies you hope make top three at nationals....

Pick the ladies you hope make the top three at nationals

• Sasha Cohen

Votes: 22 11.5%
  • Kimmie Meissner

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Emily Hughes

Votes: 14 7.3%
  • Katy Taylor

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Alyssa Czisny

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Bebe Liang

Votes: 29 15.2%
  • Amber Corwin

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Michelle Kwan (don't know if she'll be there)

Votes: 14 7.3%
  • Any new people we don't know about yet :)

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Others (please post)

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
I remember someone did a poll like this for US Nationals last year, so I thought I'd do one this year. Put in your answer and post who you picked.
Sorry if this is a little early..... I never get to come here anymore.:frown:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I could only check one, no multiple choices available on the poll.
I would firmly believe no MK (I think she will be in Egypt, School or something like that) and unless I am missing something, no Sasha either.

I could only vote for one, too. I went with Alissa. My next choice (assuming Sasha is off and running with her movie career by then :yes: ): Rachael Flatt!

I thought we would have a choice of the podium but I could only vote for one so I wanted to be a smartxss and voted someone new:

RACHEL FLATT

Remember, you read it here first.

Joe

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Taylor Firth doesn't sound like she is doing that bad right now either. As much as I can't believe how Sasha's name is still on that roster, I don't think she will be placing in the top 5 for some reason. Maybe it is Joe's faith in Flatt. But Taylor might be one of those underdogs.

Jack Johnson's "Taylor" is running through my head now. "Oh Taylor."

AliasJohnDoe

Rinkside
Seniors:
1.Cohen
2.Meissner
3.Czisny
4.Flatt
5.Hughes

Juniors:
1.Zhang
2.Wagner
3.Nagasu
4.Gilles
5.Rackohn

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
I could only vote for one choice in the poll so I picked Alyssa. I just love this girl. She is sweet, pretty, great spirals and spins but it is just the jumping that she must get under her belt better. However, I believe she has more of the total package than the rest of them right now. I like Kimmie and she will definately make the podium so count her in too. My other big hope is that Sasha comes back and defends her national title. I have always liked her and I think that she gets allot of negative comments on this site. You either like her or you don't. I guess that is my feelings about Emily Hughes. There are some things I like about her but there are big things that I don't. She always has the same opened mouthed expression coming out of all her jumps and spins in her programs. One thing that I will say is that the US national championships and the Japan's national championships are going to be good, good good this year. Here in Canada we don't have the quality of talent with so many top contenders for top spots. I don't know what the two countries do differently to encourage top skaters. I guess it must all come down to money.

Cal Girl

Rinkside
Joe Sitz ~ I am with you! I am a firm believer that Rachael Flatt will be on the podium this year at Nationals.
GO RACHAEL:agree:

The problem with Flatt is that she is too young to go to Worlds if she does make the US podium.

Think any of these will make the podium?:

Erica Archambalt

Katrin Hacker

Megan Hyatt

Daniel Kahle

Megan Oberstar

Megan Oster

Megan Williams Stewart

How about Kimmie, Rachel and Megan Wms Steward?

Joe

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Didn't Amber Corwin retire earlier this year?
Yes.

Erica Archambault
Katrina Hacker
Molly Oberstar
No, because these 3 did not qualify for 2007 Nationals at the senior level.

Here's the projected roster of senior ladies for 2007 Nationals. * indicates first-year senior up from junior last year (2006 Nationals junior results in brackets) and + indicates first time qualifying for Nationals as a senior.

Bye Sasha Cohen (if she decides to compete)
Bye Kimmie Meissner
Bye Emily Hughes
Bye Katy Taylor
Bye Bebe Liang
Bye Christine Zukowski
Bye Alissa Czisny
Bye Megan Oster
Bye Melissa Bulanhagui* [J3]
Bye Juliana Cannarozzo* [J5]
E-1 Kylie Gleason+
E-2 Taylor Firth+
E-3 Michelle Boulos
E-4 Megan Williams-Stewart
M-1 Rachael Flatt* [J2]
M-2 Megan Hyatt* [J1]
M-3 Angie Lien
M-4 Ambar Kaiser+
P-1 Danielle Kahle
P-2 Erin Reed+
P-3 Becky Hughes* [J9]
P-4 Margaret Wang+

This is the first-time qualifying for Nationals (novice, junior or senior level in singles) for Taylor Firth (she competed at the novice level last season), Kylie Gleason (she competed in novice pairs at 2004 Nationals with Taylor Toth), and Ambar Kaiser (5th in senior at Midwestern Sectionals last year).

Nigel

On the Ice
The problem with Flatt is that she is too young to go to Worlds if she does make the US podium.

Erica Archambalt
Katrina Hacker
Megan Hyatt
Daniel Kahle
Molly Oberstar
Megan Oster
Megan Williams Stewart
How about Kimmie, Rachel and Megan Wms Steward?
Joe

Archambalt, Hacker, Oberstar did not make it out of their respective sectional events.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I can only vote for one, but I'll say Kimmie, Emily and probably Csizny

Most prediction polls are really a 'vote for your favorite', and this one makes Alyssa Czisny quite a popular gal.

Joe