Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Men SP report

Custom Title

Men SP report

Just my impressions. Abbreviations are mostly ISU ones (SlSt - circular or straighline step sequence, A - axel, T - toe, F - flip, L - lutz, R - loop (rittberger), LSp - layback, FSSp - flying sit spin and so on). Mistakes are as follows : df - two-footed, f - fall, td - touchdown with hand, so - step out. Element descriptions: [b]b2h[/]b - blade to head (either spin or dance lift), B - Bielmanm (generally means one use both arms to pull the leg up), hB - half-Bielmann (only one arm is used), coe - change of edge, // - indicates change of foot/direction in spins (forwards to backwars or vise versa), twS - twisted sit spin, blS - broken leg sit spin, lfS - leaning forward sit spin, clS - crossed-leg sit spin, Y is a general description for all spiral/spin positions including pulling you leg up which aren't Bielmanns. Well, at least I hope that the abbreviations will be this way, I tried to make a good system so what I could read my own notes afterwards, but at the moment I am unsure about my chances of sticking to it. Music is taken from the ISU Biographies.

Custom Title
    Ok, I have discovered that I cannot keep the track of all spin positions in the real time :( Either I have to look down on what I am writing and miss them, or I do not look down and then I cannot read what I've written.

Othman, Danse Macabre

In black and white with navy trimming. 3L3T, 3F out of spiral, FSSp, including twS and ?, high sit position, SlSt, good use of upper body, but rather forced flow, 2A, CiSt, once again, good upper body, but loooked forces, CCoSp, including camel, sit, lfS, U // cannot read what I've written, sorry, CSSp, backward to forward.

Excellent posture and lines, as usual, but he does not have the attack and the sharpness for this music. But overall he made rather good impression.

Custom Title
    Chan, Gourment Valse Tartare

In blue and black. 3F2T, 2A, FSSp, good positions, twS, clS, 3Lz out of steps, stumbled on the exit, he already got a running edge out of the jump and was doing the three turn or something and nearly fell, CSSp, back to forw., including twS, lfS, clS, SlSt, it looked like he stumbled at one point and fell behind his musical accents, CCoSp, camel, sit, twU // ?, CiSt.

Somehow he made better impression on me then I saw his last year performances on TV. He has good positions, good basics, but nothing is really spectacular about him.

Custom Title
    Kozuka, Art on Ice, Sarabande

3A, 3F fall, SlSt, FSSp, hand behind, lfS, coe, 3L, CSSp, back to forw. twS, lfS // twS, CiSt, CCoSp, camel, sit, coe // ?.

Good flow and attack and rather neat overall impression. Not much of expression, though.

Custom Title
    Gryazev, Latin Medley

3L fellout of landing 2T, 3A td, turnout, 3F, CiSt, FSSp, lf, coe, SlSt, CCoSp, back to forw., lf // lf, tw, CSSp, camel, sit, lfS, layback // cam, turned out camel, upright.

This program does not suit him at all. He does not know how to move to Latin and as a result looks worse than he really is. He was visibly upset after two mistakes on the opening jumps and hardly attempted to sell the program at all.

Custom Title
    Sawyer, The Big One

3F3T, 3A df, both hands down, CiSt, 2L, CCSp, back, coe // bent to an attempt on donut, SlSt, FSSp, coe, lfS, twS, CCoSp, camel, sit, Y // back sit, twS, upright, coe.

Excellent character in step sequences. He seems to be more expressive than his music. Very good program.

Custom Title
    Colot, The Question of U

In black and yellow. 3A, tight landing, 3S3T, CSSp, back to forw, inlcuding coe // lf. 3F, FSSp, coe, lf, SlSt, CCoSp, camel, sit, twU // ?, CiSt.

Rather better than I could expect from the last minute "wild card" replacement, but he is sloooow (well, the beat of him music was slow as well, but he come across as half asleep). Laboured stroking as well.

Custom Title
    Klimkin, Vanessa Mae medley

In black and white, with the notes across the torso.

3A, 4T fall, CCSp, coe, half-donut // coe, CiSt, 3R, CCoSp, back to forw, camel, coe, sit, Y // camel, coe, sit, U, coe, SlSt, FCSp, coe, half-donut.

Rahter laboured performance. If he was more fit and attacked it more he would have made a good impression.

Custom Title
    Dobrin, Sarabande

4S fellout of landing 3T, 3A, FCSp, coe, half-donut, 3F, SlSt, CSSp, back to forw, CiSt, CCoSp, caml, lfS, coe, twU // half-donut, U, coe

Visibly exhausted after the quad attempt, he looked like is forcing himself to move in the rest of the program. I also think that the music doesn't suite it him at all.

Custom Title
    Sorry, had to run for ladies

Whippet Good!
    Thanks for the terrific reports. I can't wait to hear about the rest.

Custom Title
    Narni, Two Guitars

3F3T, 3A put hand down, CCoSp, camel, sit, U // ?, Cist, 3L fall, CSSp, back to forw., coe // clS, SlSt, FSSp, coe

Good attack and power, really a shame about 3L, he was very good up to that point and even had some traces of "abandon" needed for the gypsy program.

Custom Title
    Preaubert, Buzzy Bee

3A, 3F3T, FSSp, lfS, coe, twS, 3L, if there were any preceeding steps, I missed them, CiSt, CSSp, backwards, lfS, coe, twS // high sit, SlSt, CCoSp.

Somehow he looks better on TV. "Live" he lacks power and flow, but the character is great nonetheless and the program suits him very well.

Custom Title
    Joubert, James Bond

4T3T, 3A, FSSp, lfS, clS, 3F, CiSt, CCoSp, caml, sit, Y // sit, U, SlSt, CSSp, lfS, clS // coe.

Clearly the class of the field and he is back in fighting shape. Both he and Preaubert are far ahead of the rest.

Custom Title
    Thanks for the report! I have seen clips and generally agree with your impressions. About Griazev I would say, that his skating looked surprisingly lively compared to past season. I agree that he is not one to interpret Latin music.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast