Who will risk the first new quad (flip, lutz, ritberger) at internatinal competion? | Golden Skate

Who will risk the first new quad (flip, lutz, ritberger) at internatinal competion?

Who will risk the fist new quad at international competition?

• Evgeny Plushenko

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Stephane Lambiel

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Brian Joubert

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • Ilia Klimkin

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nobunari Oda

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Chenjang LI

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Evan Lysecek

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • This skater isn´t born yet

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

evplu

Rinkside
Who will risk the first new quad (flip, lutz, ritberger) at internatinal competion?

Hello!

I´m new hear, but I love the sport since 4 years! It´s so interristing and a sport with so much emotions. I love it to see when a skater brings all his heard and power into his program. The interpretation is very important for me. But i think it would be heavy if someone brings a new quad.
I hope we will see in the next years the fist quad lutz, flip, ritberger or (axel)
I don´t think it will be the axel. But so many skaters talk that they ate training the others.
So my question is, who will land or maybee risk one of these jumps?
And what a kind of jump will suit to what a kind of skater?
Sorry for my english. I come from germany.:)

I wish you a lot of fun with my poll!
Evplu

Bill508

Rinkside
Wow, you faked me out. I clicked the mouse with Miki Ando in mind and saw only men. I don't know a flip from a lutz (just like looking at the ladies skate) but I know Miki has done some sort of quad. I think Miki will do one again & hopfully suceed if the circumstances and environment is right. It'll be one for the books.;)

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Well, Plushenko HAS already tried the Quad Lutz. Wasn't able to land it but made a mighty effort.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
A bit surprising Li got no votes, but he is alot older now so probably his best days are behind him, although he is a great jumper and great quadster. I voted Plushenko, but only if he returns. If not then I guess Oda since his jumping techinique is superb. Lambiel has a great quad so might do it especialy if the other guys get quads, to compensate for his non-existant triple axel.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I thought Oda too, I have been becoming a fan over the summer from a member here at GS over the summer. When I saw his performance this GP, not disappointed at all. Anybody that can skate with style in their PJs (last season) is someone I wish I had never overlooked.

Last edited:

antmanb

Record Breaker
I voted Joubert since rumour has it he's landed all the quads (bar loop and axel ) in practice.

I think if he does it would the flip - it is his biggest easiest triple and even as a triple he open up early to check out of it, i'm sure with enough training he could get the extra turn in there conssitently enough to at least risk it in competition.

As long as he rotates it (which i think he probably could) he could rack up some big points for it even if he falls.

Ant

hyoo

Rinkside
I think Brian becuase his jumps (if he can check them out strongly) are so textbook.

Final Flight
if you're asking me...i don't know :scratch: ...hahaha
but who knows...it might be plushenko or Kevin van der perren.....
or maybe a lady....;)

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
I voted for Brian too. I think that he could very well do it. He has a couple right now so why not go for it all.