Where are we at in the GPs? | Golden Skate

Where are we at in the GPs?

Miki at 28 points
Kim at 26 points.
Only Julia can top Miki with a win, and Kim with a second place.

Rochette and Meissner are stuck at 24 (not a bad score but not in this comp.)

Not done yet and still to come

Fumie, and Yukara need a silver to place ahead of Kim.
Mao needs a win to place ahead of Kim

If Julia, Fumie, Yukara and Mao succeed, then it's bye bye to Joannie and Kimmie.

Not likely but should be considered are Sara and Alyssa both of whom need a win to tie Joannie and Kimmie. This is almost like a prelude to an Olympics.

Joe

The Boys in the GP

Lysacek and Preaubert are a done deal with 28 pts and 24 pts respectively. Too many power houses to skate to add Davydov at this time, but I don't rule him out.

Who are in easy position to place ahead of Preaubert?

Oda, Joubert and Lambiel (Joubert could beat Lysacek)

Who's Left to knock out Preaubert?

Takahashi needs a silver

Weir, Sandhu, Dobrin need a gold

I think Preaubert is safe, buy hey, yaneverno.

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think to really analyze this we should include results from TEB which IIRC hasn't aired yet and so can't go here.

I would pick Meissner over Rochette if I had a choice as to who I'd want in the final.

I really feel Julia doesn't deserve to be in the final because she's doing two really EASY competitions. But that's the way it goes. Nevertheless, I definitely wouldn't be cheering for her.

Not too crazy about YuNa either. I want to definitely see an American in the GP final and if it's not destined to be Meissner, I hope Alyssa can win COR.

This is a little more exciting than I thought it would be. Usually the first half of the season is pretty drab, with things picking up in the 2nd half starting with U.S. Nats.

TEB is included in the original post. I went by the Standings as at the end of TEB and two comps to go.

Now that you brought this up, this could work as a Spoiler which I did not intend it to be.

Joe