News about Rudy Galindo | Page 3 | Golden Skate

News about Rudy Galindo

taf2002

Rinkside
If Rudy had never done anything in skating except 1996 Nationals, that would have been enough for me to love him forever. His LP performance there is one of my favorite memories of figure skating. But there is so much more in his body of work to love-YMCA, Rondo, Ice Castles- too many to list. That's the skating side of it.

I also fell in love with Rudy the person when I read his biography. Add to that his kindness, the respect he inspires within his peers, his leadership role in the gay community, and the fabulous role model he has been. I have never heard trash talk, profanity, or unkindness in any form from him. Even my husband who hates FS and tends to be slightly homophobic likes Rudy.

I can't imagine anyone who likes skating saying such a thing about a skater. Unfortunately, skating message boards tend to get trolls who aren't even skating fans but enjoy yanking our chains. I wish Rudy the best in his recovery and I also hope to see him back on the ice whether he can jump or not.

Whew, glad to get that off my chest, now back to my lurkdom status.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I can't imagine anyone who likes skating saying such a thing about a skater.

No kidding... I wonder which skaters she likes that she has no idea of their sexual orientation? :rolleyes: