What are you doing Thanksgiving? | Golden Skate

What are you doing Thanksgiving?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
First of all, I am so thankful for so many things. No, I'm not going to bore you with that but instead will bore you with my plans and then I need to get packed.
As most of you know, my daughter is in Fort Worth. So, is my angel daughter's daughter and husband and her hubby's brother and several nieces and nephews. Ist is going to take 3 vans to get us all down there and then we will bring Janet back until after Christmas. She is sure getting a lot of good use of that electric wheelchair. My oldest daughter and hubby were going but he had his colon sewed back together and she is in ICU with her diabetes still not being controlled. Think she is getting a pump eventually. Angel daughter's youngest daughter (who is in pharmaceutical school at KU) went up there to stay with him overnight. And I can't wait to see our baby, Jacob. He's 18 months already!!!
I sure would like to find some kind of cane that would fit him. He keeps finding branches, etc. cause he wants a cane like Gramma's. I want him and the other
little ones to play follow the leader and I can't lead if he can't follow with his cane. :rofl:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well my parents aren't coming up for thanksgiving and I can't go down (stupid work) so I'm going to my grandparents' for dinner... nothing special at all *sigh*

Alsace

On the Ice
At the risk of sounding "old fogy," I wish I could go to my grandparent's house this year, but my grandmother passed away last month.

Instead, I am going to my in-laws for the day and my parents for the day after. I get to see my one-year-old nieces! (They are cousins, not twins.) It is fun to play with babies!

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Alsace, I'm so sorry for your loss.
I've got a 4-day weekend and have nothing at all scheduled for Friday and Saturday (oh, bliss!). Thursday I'm bringing dessert for approximately 40 to my friend's house - he's got a brick-lined pit dug in the backyard and plans to roast a pig and a few turkeys. Sunday the Spawn, her boyfriend and one of my oldest friends are coming up for prime rib dinner. (I'm getting hungry already!)
And the local easy listening station is already doing Christmas carols 24/7.
Happy Holidays, everybody!
xoxo
Rave

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Grgranny, have a wonderful trip!!

I'm going over to my wonderful brother's house for dinner. He is an excellent cook and does the turkey and all the trimmings. I wish I could cook as good as he does but I'm gifted in other areas.

I am so thankful for all the blessings I have.

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
At the risk of sounding "old fogy," I wish I could go to my grandparent's house this year, but my grandmother passed away last month.

don't get me wrong, I love my grandparents, and my g'ma is a killer cook... but I'm just really bummed about my parents...

they surprised me last year by coming up, but I don't see that happening again.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
My weirdo family is splitting into 5 different groups and all going some were as where I will spend it with a friend who has no family any where close. We'll watch the Broncos, eat turkey, another vid (robot chicken, ATHF, Venture Bros and Metalocalypse) and Survivor as we both complain about eating to much.

Next week I will be making another turkey and having the Fam all over to the folks house to have one more "hooHaa" at the house we all grew up in before they move.

Cute story about the grands Grganny. Special!

I'm getting from my Deli, a turkey salad sandwich on roll together with a little paper cup of cole slaw and another little paper cup of cranberry sauce. I'll crack open a bottle of ginger ale and really have a great time.

Joe

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
My mom and I are going to have all the fixin's. :) My neighbor who is not feeling good enough to go to see her family, may be coming over. If she can't, mom will probably make a plate for her to eat at home.

Jhar55

Medalist
Going to my sisters in Nashville my cousin form Ohio is going to be there haven't seen in 6 years. Taking a pecan pie and peanutbutter fudge. Enjoy a home cooked meal :clap: Since I live alone I don't cook a lot
Then we'll probably go shopping Friday.

We will go to mass in the morning and then go to my fiance's stepmother's for mid-afternoon dinner. He is not very close to his family so this is in the nature of an annual obligation, but I'm hoping for the best. Best will be if Stilt Girl is there - a cousin who is a professional stilt-walker. I liked her a lot last year! A friend has asked me to find out from her how you get on and off the stilts, and how tall they are.

In the evening (10 pm) I hope I can catch the PBS special on Beverly Sills. She is really a wonderful human being, especially when you know that she has two handicapped children (one deaf, one retarded). The opera channel programmer at Optimum cable loves her, so I've heard quite a bit of her over the past 6 months. And of course I will be peeking at the Cup of Russia results. Hard to believe the Americans have to compete on Thanksgiving - it's like wartime!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

nubka

Final Flight
I'm cooking a turkey dinner at home for my family, my oldest daughter, her hubby, and their brand new baby!

Later in the day, we will take flowers and balloons to the cemetary for our litttle boy (he would be turning 14 tomorrow..)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Enjoy the day and if you are travelling be safe. It is pouring buckets here in Boston.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would like to ask you to keep my mom in your thoughts and prayers. My mom is 86 and has been doing well. Last year she was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. She has been on meds and doing well. I got a call early this morning from my brother saying that mom has been vomiting through the night. We are taking her to the emergency to have her checked out. Even a touch of the flu is hard on her. The sad part is that she was looking so forward to Thanksgiving. 3 of my siblings and I take care of her even though we all have full time jobs. She didn't want to go to the nursing home and to make her happy we all take a night or two and some three nights and cook, clean, laundry and anything else she needs.

So this Thanksgiving has a very special meaning to me.

Dee

flying camel

Medalist
I hope you moms okay. I am in a very similiar situation with my sister. I am sure your mom apreciates all you have done for her.

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Oh Dee I am so sorry that your Mom is not doing well. You and your family will be in my prayers..............please keep us posted on how she is doing. Your family is very special to care for your Mother as they do. Hugs to all of you.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We took mom to the emergency and all her vital signs checked out good. She had a little water buildup and could have been the cause of her getting sick. She had a little dinner, a very nice nap and seemed pretty good last night. My brother went this morning to give her her meds and she seemed back to her old self.

Thanks for your kind words, it meant a lot to me.

Dee