I am so impressed with YU-NA KIM as well as Miki Ando | Golden Skate

I am so impressed with YU-NA KIM as well as Miki Ando

christinaskater

Medalist
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I've never known her i just went to youtube.com and i was smitten by the talent in this girl!!!

Her program the LARK ASCENDING at the Trophee Eric Bompard was sensational! Her spins were astounding, she spins in camel position where she is facing upward, that was stunning, I've never seen a spin like that ever! She has the most musical arms ever and her grace, poise and musicality makes me think she is going to become one of the best ever!

The WORLDS maybe coming to Tokyo, where i feel will be a fight to the end between Miki Ando and Yu-Na Kim! Both are special, i tell you but Yu-Na has this lightness about her while Miki has the power!

Both have evolved and I'm waiting for the sensational ending this season, will Yu-Na be the next icon! I think so!!!!

As a fan, I am thrilled with the developments in skating especially with Miki Ando who is fantastic and Yu-Na Kim!

MKFSfan

Medalist
I agree! I'm thrilled Yu-Na seems to be every bit worth the hype. She may not be perfect and still has room to grow, but the things she does do are high quality. I love her spins-minus the sitspin. Her 3flip/3toe, 2axle/3toe, in baur to 2axle are things of beauty. If she could just rework her spiral sequence...

Miki has really reinvented herself this season. Her jumps (when on) have always been her strength, but it's great to see she has pushed her skating in a new direction. Her 3lutz/3lp is out of this world and I love her layback! I just wish she would tone down her arms in the FW and rework her spiral sequence as well. Since she can do a beautiful catchfoot, I wonder why she doesn't do a Y-spiral COE, much like Shiz did last year.

Another one I've really enjoyed this year is Mao-I know she still has some things to sort out, but her SP at SA is my absolute favorite performance I have seen this year from single skaters (2nd overall only to Shen and Zhou's performances at COC :love: ) That SP...the artisitic side of it was shades of Michelle Kwan for me. Her jumps, wow, that 3flip/3lp was perfect, so light and airy! I think in the LP, she's been so consumed with doing 2 3axles, that all her focus and concentration lies there and if they don't happen, the rest of her program fizzles.

I'm still pulling for Fumie, and I'd love to see Alissa skate clean...I think this is one of the most exciting new generation of skaters...or maybe I'm more relaxed without Michelle!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I agree! I'm thrilled Yu-Na seems to be every bit worth the hype.....

Miki has really reinvented.....

Another one I've really enjoyed this year is Mao-I know ......

I'm still pulling for Fumie, .....

:agree: :agree: :agree: particularly about Fumie *swoon* - but it is as though you took the words straight out of my mouth - well... than you changed them around so they made sense to everyone and the post wasn't a mile long.

Only dif is I would say Mao didn't rank so high for me on her performance this season - so far. I was acutely a little influenced by the hype, and she fell short of that IMO. Still a fave to see this season so far, but others took top spots for me. JR's LP at SCan for one - so did not expect that. Even though I think it was SLIGHTLY over scored, not one of my fave skaters and she beat my dream test baby, that still ranks in my top 4 for this year so far.

And Miki reinventing herself - nicely said. She's back big time!:rock:

Shen and Zhou, so nice to see them, back where they belong! Glad he looks like he recovered nicely, and I "think" (man's intuition) he is going to get even better.

Last edited:

MKFSfan

Medalist
:) Glad we are on the same page, seanibu! I really was taken aback by Mao's SP. I would love to see her skate her LP with the same flow, easy jumps and natural movement as she did that SP, then I will believe all the hype surrounding her was well deserved. :biggrin:

passion

On the Ice
I don't remember watching Mao Asada, but maybe because she wasn't in Skate America. Anyhow, it was my first time watching Yu-Na and I loved her skating! She definitely has the "it" factor. Absolutely gorgeous to watch. She is so light and airy. Her jumps have so much air time and cover so much height and distance. They are so effortless. I really look forward to seeing her more.

MKFSfan

Medalist
Mao Asada was at Skate America. She finished 1st in the SP, 4th in the LP and 3rd overall. Yu-Na Kim was not at SA. She was at Skate Canada (3rd).

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
We are now in the new era of singles skating with Yu-Na Kim, Mao Asada, Miki Ando, Joannie Rochette, Kimmie Meissner and its amazing!

Isn't it. The first time in maybe 10 years.

kyla2

Final Flight
Yu Na

ITA with everyone about Yu Na. The best one out there and Miki and Kimmie right in the mix too. Mao Asada is lovely as well.

MKFSfan

Medalist
Thanks for the exhibition link! Yu-Na is a beautiful skater. She has long arms like Kimmie, but she's much softer and natural in her arm movements. Lovely!

Do many skaters choose English music for their exhibitions? Seems like it!

hongligl

Final Flight
Yu-Na Kim is special! She just has everything. I would like to see her winning Gold medals for the years to come.

christinaskater

Medalist
Indeed she is special in Canada they said she is the replacement of MK!!!!! BIG COMMENTS which in someways i tend to agree!! bec of the musicality and lyricism!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Maybe the future 2007 World Champion?

(Hey, don't laugh. Look what happened last year :eek: )

waxel

Final Flight
MKFSFan, The Edge is a non-spolier forum. Your previous post names the ladies winner at TEB ... which has not aired yet. That is a no-no.

R.D.

Record Breaker
People don't seem to really care about spoilers any more. Some folks tend to forget, sometimes it just "slips out", or they just plain don't care.

I know at least for GP events I don't really care but I try to avoid posting spoilers in here out of respect for those that do care. Especially for big events, spoilers are the devil. Unless you're following a live "play-by-play" thread, in which it almost feels as if you're there (but seeing no skating of course).

bx11

Rinkside
Yuna

What make Yuna a part from other amateur ladies skater of today is; she has the passion on ice !!!

She is trully and an angel on ice, she gaive us the same feeling, something like Kwan in the past.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I haven't been excited about a lady skater like this since Sasha and Naomi NN came on the scene.:thumbsup: I really don't think she's like Michelle, but that's IMO.

nubka

Final Flight
I haven't been excited about a lady skater like this since Sasha and Naomi NN came on the scene.:thumbsup: I really don't think she's like Michelle, but that's IMO.

I don't think she's like Michelle either and I'm glad. There will be others, who in time, will become great in there own right (and not as a copy of someone else.) I hope Yu-na will be one of those. She really sparkles and is a joy to watch!