Remembering Sergei | Golden Skate

Remembering Sergei

chania36

On the Ice
Hi, does anyone has started a thread on this topic, I looked but did not see anything... It's been 11 years now, past november 20...

anya_angie

Final Flight
It's still difficult to imagine that it's been so long. *sigh* RIP Sergei... You live on in our hearts, memories, your skating accomplishmens, and your daughter.

hyoo

Rinkside
I have to say that katia and sergei are still my favorite skaters, ever. I fell in love with them after he died, but watching old videos and tapes has made me fall in love.

fatima

Spectator
They were definitely the best pair ever...Unfortunately he was taken away too early...Definitely missed!!!!

skamper23

Medalist
I can't imagine what it's like for Katia being in Lake Placid for SOI rehersals on the anniversary of his death...at least she has her skating family with her, but for her and Daria it must be a tough day!!!

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I'll never stop missing their skating together. I'm happy for Katia and Ilia. I just miss their magic. They were pure poetry.

Wren

Rinkside
It is so sad even now... but at least he lived his life to the fullest even if it was a short one. He lived more than many people do in their whole lives. I hope that Katia can now look back on those years and remember the good times instead of the horrible ones... I wonder if Daria remembers him well, he seemed like such a good father but she was very young.
They were beautiful on the ice and in their own lives. That will always live.

dizzydi7

On the Ice
Remembering sergei

What a gorgeous pair team they were. The best ever, in my opinion. Everytime I watch pair skating I think about them and that no pair team has come close to their talent. Their perfection on the ice was like magic.

He will always be missed by skating fans.

Dizzy

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It is so sad even now... but at least he lived his life to the fullest even if it was a short one. He lived more than many people do in their whole lives. I hope that Katia can now look back on those years and remember the good times instead of the horrible ones... I wonder if Daria remembers him well, he seemed like such a good father but she was very young.
They were beautiful on the ice and in their own lives. That will always live.

at least she has a lot of video footage to look back on. Not the same as true memories, but she can at least get a picture of who he was.

Jhar55

Medalist
It seem like he been gone longer. I miss their skating also they were my favorite pairs. Does Daria even remember her father or are her memories only what people have told her and whats she seen on tapes and pictures. She very lucky to have those to look back on. I happy Katia has found a new love and someone who loves and cares for Daria also.