Two secret elements necessary in winning the Olympic Ladies Gold Medal and LP | Golden Skate

Two secret elements necessary in winning the Olympic Ladies Gold Medal and LP

christinaskater

Medalist
Two secret elements necessary in winning the Olympic Ladies Gold Medal and LP

You need to skate well but since Kristi Yamaguchi i have observed certain things they do to win!

1. donut or any biellman position since 92
2. Illusion spin-all the Olympic champions have done this!!! Since Kristi!!

christinaskater

Medalist
I mean, it wouldn't mean if you do this you would win! These are certain things the Olympic champions did in their LP! The more esteemed ones didn't (Ito, Kerrigan, Kwan, Slutskaya) and i guess they didn't make it!

But with Yamaguchi, Baiul, Lipinski, Hughes and Arakawa, they did these elements somewhere in their LP's I guess the coaches noted this!:chorus:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Slutskaya only uses the Bielmann, so technically your theory doesnt work for her...

R.D.

Record Breaker
Nah, as Arakawa showed you just need to stand up. And as Hughes and Lipinski showed you need to be willing to take RISKS. The only recent exception of course is Arakawa who happened to be the only one in the last group who didn't make some big mistake.

Besides, MK and IS fell in their last Olympics so that didn't help them out any.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Slutskaya never won Olympics :)

which is why I said what I did... according to the theory - a biellman or donut spin helps your chances... that's all Slutskaya does is the Biellman and she never won.... I'm well aware that she doesn't have that gold medal ;)

Fernan

Rinkside
which is why I said what I did... according to the theory - a biellman or donut spin helps your chances... that's all Slutskaya does is the Biellman and she never won.... I'm well aware that she doesn't have that gold medal ;)

I remember the joke on another board was--if Irina could jump in biellmann position, she would! HAHAHAH

Though for some odd reason, I think she's tried doing that...

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
She wore blue in 2002 and that still didn't do it for her.

Well, at least Irina didn't fall in 2002 -- when MK wore blue in '98, she landed all her triples, too. OTOH, wearing red seems to be related to falls (MK in '02; Irina and Sasha in '06)

mskater93

Record Breaker
Kristi wore red in her Maleguena program in 92, though, so that throws that theory out.

riverflows

Rinkside
I mean post-Kristi Yamaguchi. Since her, all but one OGM (Oksana Baiul) has worn some shade of blue to win.

christinaskater

Medalist
I really tell you try watching the Ladies FP and you can see these elements!
They were told to me by a top Olympic coach controvertial with his talents in one way! But a brilliant coach indeed! It helps uplift the Olympic tempo! THese secret elements which they included! So even if you did this but you flunked the jumps you will definitely not win anything!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I HATE the illusion spin. I think it is a cheap ugly trick.

I love the illusion spin. According to the history books: "The illusion spin was accidentally invented by Jacqueline du Bief when she lost control on the entrance to a camel spin." It's great when it is done correctly.

Fernan

Rinkside
I love the illusion spin. According to the history books: "The illusion spin was accidentally invented by Jacqueline du Bief when she lost control on the entrance to a camel spin." It's great when it is done correctly.

was it Jacqueline? for some reason, i read it was Gabi Seyfert (same thing--lost balance on a camel, and just repeated the mistake again and again)

gio

Medalist

I also love the illusion spin. Unfortunately we don't see them too much in eligible programs.
Anyway thanx for the interesting story of the invention of this spin. It's funny that a beautiful element was born because of an error on another element. :)