Dance Results - SPOILER | Golden Skate

Dance Results - SPOILER

aphrodite_xl

On the Ice
Compulsory Dance - Golden Waltz

1 Oksana DOMNINA / Maxim SHABALIN RUS 37.99 19.06 18.93 7.55 7.45 7.60 7.75 0.00 #7
2 Tanith BELBIN / Benjamin AGOSTO USA 36.56 18.06 18.50 7.50 7.25 7.35 7.50 0.00 #4
3 Isabelle DELOBEL / Olivier SCHOENFELDER FRA 36.50 17.90 18.60 7.65 7.15 7.50 7.50 0.00 #1
4 Sinead KERR / John KERR GBR 32.25 16.08 16.17 6.60 6.15 6.55 6.65 0.00 #10
5 Kristin FRASER / Igor LUKANIN AZE 30.35 15.24 15.11 6.15 5.85 5.95 6.25 0.00 #11
6 Nora HOFFMANN / Attila ELEK HUN 30.25 15.28 14.97 6.00 5.75 6.15 6.15 0.00 #2
7 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 28.12 14.64 13.48 5.55 5.05 5.50 5.55 0.00 #9
8 Morgan MATTHEWS / Maxim ZAVOZIN USA 27.84 13.76 14.08 5.85 5.15 5.75 5.90 0.00 #6
9 Anastasia PLATONOVA / Andrei MAXIMISHIN RUS 27.64 13.72 13.92 5.70 5.30 5.65 5.65 0.00 #3
10 Alla BEKNAZAROVA / Vladimir ZUEV UKR 25.14 13.22 11.92 4.90 4.55 4.85 4.80 0.00 #8

Again a new personal best for Domnina & Shabalin :yes:

lanadd

On the Ice
I don't understand how can B/A be ahead of Del/S in the CD when they don't have the skating qualities of Del/S.Even Anna thinks like this. What is this-another push for the americans? Well looks like Gorshkov is saying the true about the judges:disagree: :disagree:

aphrodite_xl

On the Ice
Looks like it's a difference in TES rather than PCS between Belgosto and Delschoes. Anna also noted that Delschoes did not skate very "waltzy", so that might be the difference.

But still this is a ridiculously low score for Delobel and Schoenfelder...

lanadd

On the Ice
Looks like it's a difference in TES rather than PCS between Belgosto and Delschoes. Anna also noted that Delschoes did not skate very "waltzy", so that might be the difference.

But still this is a ridiculously low score for Delobel and Schoenfelder...

Yes she said that she doesn't have a waltz feeling for D/S but that they've skated with better quality, and that B/A just made steps instead of gliding. Actually when i read it now again she doesn't say anything good for them!!! And D/S are stronger exactly in the TES!!It would be fair to give B/A higher marks only in the interpretation.Even if they are only 0.06 points ahead of the french it is still scandal!!

aphrodite_xl

On the Ice
1 Nora HOFFMANN / Attila ELEK HUN 6 30.25
2 Isabelle DELOBEL / Olivier SCHOENFELDER FRA 3 36.50
3 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 7 28.12
4 Alla BEKNAZAROVA / Vladimir ZUEV UKR 10 25.14
5 Kristin FRASER / Igor LUKANIN AZE 5 30.35
Warm-Up Group 2
6 Oksana DOMNINA / Maxim SHABALIN RUS 1 37.99
7 Tanith BELBIN / Benjamin AGOSTO USA 2 36.56
8 Morgan MATTHEWS / Maxim ZAVOZIN USA 8 27.84
9 Anastasia PLATONOVA / Andrei MAXIMISHIN RUS 9 27.64
10 Sinead KERR / John KERR GBR 4 32.25

And this is also a very unlucky draw for Delobel and Schoenfelder!

rain

Record Breaker
I'm frankly surprised to see Del/Scho behind both the Russians and the Americans. The CD is usually the portion of the event where the more seasoned teams have the most advantage. Very unlucky draw for Del/Scho. In their case I imagine it would be of great benefit to them to be seen near in time to their main rivals.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
In theory, though, when you skate in your group no longer matters to your overall score...

Final Flight
o0o0o
"not waltzy enough for you"
whatever...its technically stronger than anyone else...
del/sch will win anyways.....(in theory)

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Yep, Sinead & John have been lucky with the draws so far in Moscow! :agree:

They also have good CDs, especially the Golden Waltz. ;)

Re the top 3: :think:

DelSchoes had the highest skating skills score, but lost out on the Timing mark.
Dancing the CDs is not *only* about quality of skating edges etc, but interpretation of the rhythm, displaying character of the dance, timing to the music, unison, etc etc. I saw a ropey VT of B/A on youtube, and their dance looked good, certainly better quality than their Rhumba CD at CoC. But without seeing the others, I couldn't comment on the standings at the moment.

However the top 3 are very close and it could all change after the OD and FD. ;)

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Del/Schoe and B/A are in a virtual tie. The only three vids up on the vids site are Dom/Sha, B/A, and M/Z. While I didn't think either Dom/Sha's or B/A's rhythmic quality or glide was up to the highest waltz standards, Dom/Sha's were tied at the hip, and it was a technically assured program, with nice edges and great line, turnout, and toepoint, as usual, for her. I would have thought that the gap between Dom/Sha and B/A would have been greater, but not all qualities can be judged from video.

I actually preferred the waltz quality of M/Z, and I thought he was more expressive than either Belbin or Shabalin.

I'm hoping there will be a vid eventually of Del/Schoe.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Thanks for the video report. I no longer have access, since the forum moved, to the GPs, so am relying on youtube. :frown:

For a hockeyfan, I like your Waltz analysis! :rock:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
(Thank you, La Rhumba.)

If you used to have access to the current competition threads in the old forum, the admins will grant them to you in the new one. When I first registered at the new forum, I couldn't access the GP forums automatically. I don't see a thread in which people are posting to request permission, and I suspect the way to get access is to PM one of the admins.

aphrodite_xl

On the Ice
(Thank you, La Rhumba.)

If you used to have access to the current competition threads in the old forum, the admins will grant them to you in the new one. When I first registered at the new forum, I couldn't access the GP forums automatically. I don't see a thread in which people are posting to request permission, and I suspect the way to get access is to PM one of the admins.

on fsvids there is a thread where you can post to ask for access to the current events forum. Go here: http://www.fsvids.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=859

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
D&S B&A D&S:bow: :bow: :bow: That being said as appreciating them for tallent.....
I think it is strange to admit the best Outfits are the French.??? They have that "Uniform" feel that is not flamboyant yet very cool at the same time. Absolutely my favorite Dance attire I have ever seen. B&A I would conceder nice and and a standard for my liking - i.e Red dress and White suit, sharp and classy.

Oh that mistake on the Twizel......oof. Oh well, worked in Tanith and Ben's favor.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh that mistake on the Twizel......oof. Oh well, worked in Tanith and Ben's favor.

The team it really helped was DomShabs. Olivier putting his foot down for one second cost DelShoes 8.5 points off what they had scored at TEB for the same FD. That put DelShoes 3rd and DomShabs 2nd.

DomShabs lost about 6 points for a really ugly fall in the OD so they were pretty much out of the race for the gold. But that little mistake by Schoenfelder cost DelShoes not only the gold but the silver as well.

Belgosto won because they were the only team to skate 3 clean programs.

I was very happy to see the improvements in B&A. He is not quite the leading man of say Errol Flynn or Tyrone Power but she is every bit Carole Lombard or Jean Harlow. It was an era of glamour and Belbin is right with it. They are looking competitive.

Del and Schoen have to be perfect because they will get deductions much easier than anyone else. I like that program the best. It's non stop leather. Nobody in dance is more innovative except the other D&S.

Joe

I just watched the free dance on TV and was very sad about Del/Schoen getting marked down SO MUCH for such a small mistake. I don't understand. I thought they were miles and miles ahead of B&A.

I still don't like B&A's tired Hollywood (or is it Broadway) number... even though they look better in the new costumes, and I can buy Tanith as Carole Lombard. :p They need new music, especially for the opening. That old-fashioned "we've got a really big shew tonight" type music is just meh.

Whereas Del/Schoen - so sleek, so inventive, so interesting. Wonderful. I thought Susie's commentary on them was very good, as well.