Ladies SP Report | Golden Skate

Ladies SP Report

Anna

On the Ice
Onda, Haru no Umi

3L2T turnout on both jumps on no flow on either. 3F (might have been double). FSSp to twS, CiSt, SpSt on bent knees, coe nB, fo classical, bo Y directly to 2A, LSp with b2h, CCoSp, cam, sit, layback // sit, coe, Y

It was better than last years attempts on romantics, but still rather poor presentation-wise, lines, attention to details and so on. No expression, looked deep in thought throughout, like she was recalling what's next.

Sebestyen, Serenade

3F, nearly perfect expect for the lack on the truly preceding steps. 3L hand down and three turn, FCSp, upturned, coe, donut, SpSt, coe classic, fan, bi hB, rather poor positions, 2A, LSp, sideways to classical to b2h, CiSt, CCoSp, cam, sit, lfS, layback // donut, hB.

Much imporved after disastorous last seasons, but rather bland.

Korpi, Eye Patch, Yo Te Queiro

2F2T, 2L, LSp, side, classical, b2h, SpSt, coe hB, Y, fan, SlSt, nice, 2A, FSSp, forward one, lfS, twS, CCoSp, cam, lfS, Y // sit, coe, Y

Excellent in character upperbody moves and very good presentation, but...

Liu, Boundless Travelling

3L2T, step out of lutz, which is an imporvement, because she was falling all over the place at lutz attemp during warm up, 3R, FCSp, coe, nearly fell out o fit, 2A, CCoSp, camel, layback, lfS // sit, Y, CiSt, LSp, classical, sideways, b2h, SpSt, classical, coe, hBm fan, bi classical.

Lovely delicate skater, but she is so slow one wish to step on the ice and push her. Nice spring on jumps though.

Sawada, Blues in the Night

3L2T (the view was blocked, so I am not how she did them), 3F, FSSp, forward one to lfS, SpSt, classical coe, hB, SlSt, CCoSp, cam, layback, sit /// sit, coe, Y, 2A popped, opened after 1.5 rotations and landed on 2 feet, LSp, to B allmost fell out of it.

Nice character in some places, and pleasant to watch overall, but she need more power and speed.

Martynova, Ottonal

3L2T entrance with ina bauer, 3F, fall, possibly u.r., SpSt, classical coe, bi hB, fan, almost directly to 2A, CCoSp, cam, sit, Layback, b2h // sit, coe, Y, tight position on Y, CiSt, FCSp to donut, LSp b2h and B.

I am not sure that she held the positions long enough to count, but overall it was a very well done programs with some connecting moves, good basics and good lines.

Meier, Concerto de Aranjuez

3L2T, 3F, haven't seen what she has done because the view of the corner is blocked with callers platform, CCoSp, cam, sit, twU // sit, twS, SpSt, incl. classical coe, FSSp, tw, hands behind, SlSt, 2A, LSp, b2h

Soft, good lines, but neither powerful nor expressive.

Pavuk, Would you

1L, 3F, step out, FCSp, coe, upturned with dropping the free leg, 1a out of spiral, SpSt, hB coe, bi nH, fan, LSp, b2h, slow, SlSt, CCoSp, cam, sit, // ... Y

Very sloow spins and very unrefined and untidy impression overall.

Sokolova, Turandot

3T2T, 3R, FCSp, coe, ugly free leg position, SpSt, coe, bi, fan, 2A, LSp with sideways, SlSt, CCoSp, cam, sit, lf /// sit, hB, coe U, finished behind the music.

Normally I like her but it was truly rather poor performance. I do not believe that she deserved higher PCS than Martynova in either of the components.

Czisny, Prelude and Quadukka

FSSp, tw, coe, lf, v. good, lutz, which never left the ice, 2A, SpSt, coe, fan, bi hB, excellent lines, 3F fall, possibly u.r., CCoSp, camel, lfS // cam, coe, sit, Y, held Y for quite a while, SlSt, LSp, classical, side b2h, B.

Excellent spins, good positions in spirals and better basics than I expected from seeing her on TV. But jumps....

Gimazeitdinova, From a distance

2A, ? couldn't see the combo because of the callers platform, 3S, FCSp upturned, coe, donut, SpSt, coe hB, bi hB, CCoSp, CiSt, LSp to B.

Very poor lines, no expression, poor basics.

Volchkova, Tosca

3L fall, 3F, 2A, FSSp, lfS, coe, SpSt, SlSt, LSp, CCoSp.

No expression whatsoever, she did not even "hit" the final pose. I cannot believe that they gave her higher PCS than Martynova, it was really a sad sight.

Nothing really surprising here except 'whatever happend to Elena this season?'

Is Julia headed for the GPF???

Joe

tae04

On the Ice
Yea what another weak field for Sebestyen to win. She'll be dead last by a long shot at the GPF.

krenseby

Final Flight
Re:

Yea what another weak field for Sebestyen to win. She'll be dead last by a long shot at the GPF.

Well, in Julia's defense, she didn't setup the GP events. If she does do well at this GP event and happens to go, it's not cause she somehow cheated her way to it. That said, I wish the planners of the ISU GP series did allocate their skaters more rigorously so that the competition at each of the GP events would roughly series

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Nothing really surprising here except 'whatever happend to Elena this season?'
It looks like the same thing that happened to her in 2004, after her very strong, double championship silver medal season in 2003.

In her own coach's opinion, she is an unbeatable practice skater who doesn't perform to level during competition.