Pairs SP Report | Golden Skate

Pairs SP Report

Anna

On the Ice
Petrova/Tikhonov, Sarabande

3Tw, 3T, he stepped out, Th3R out of spiral, FCCoSp, camel, sit, coe // sit, coe U, SpSt, coe to hB, no speed at the end, 4Li, sommersault exit, 1 hand, BoDs, change of hand, PCoSp.

Well done and the public loved it. Good performance, but not very exciting.

Pylkina/Hogner, Sozo, Peacock

SpSt, facing coe, nice speed throughout, 3S, she doubled, Th3S touchdown with free hand, step out, CCoSp, she stumbled in the first half, too many changes ofposition, 4Li, 1 hand, BoDs, PCoSp, including "mishkutenok" spin.

Rather nice program with interesting touches here and there. She has excellent lines and posture and they made pleasant impression.

Wakamatsu/Fectaeu, Here Comes Santa

2Tw, very well done, 3T, she fell, PCoSp, slow but they looked each other in the eyes, I never saw it before, Th3R, she "sit" down on the landing knee, but kept the free foot off ice, SpSt, coe, nice flow, FCCoSp, perfect unison in the first half, lost it a bit in the second half. 4Li, scary looking, his upperbody was "swinging" from side to side, BoDs entered from double spiral.

Very good choreography, but they should emote more for the program to make the full impact.

Savchenko/Szolkowy, Once Upon a Time

Th3F, very high, but she put hand down, 3T entered from the double spreadeagle, 3Tw, high, but rather late catch, 4Li from the dance lift, BoDs, changes of hold, PCoSp, painfully looking Y position from her, FCCoSt, coe, Y // lfS, Y, SpSt, last position with the bent knee of the free leg was rather ugly, IMHO.

Interesting program with some good choreography in places, but they need to sell it more.

Mukhortova/Trankov, Schnitke's music

3T, she doubles, he step out, 2Tw, well done, Th3R, good, SpSt, good flow, FCCoSp, 4Li 1 hand, PCoSp, BoDs, change of hand.

For a grand sum of like 3 seconds of the program they actually showed some emotions and awareness that there is someone else on the ice, which whom they, presumbaly, perform together. I really cannot see what prevents them from doing during the rest 2.57 min. If you manage to "see through" this disinterest they aren't *that* bad, but....

Anna

On the Ice
Moyle/Seitz, Piano Concetro

4Li, one hand, 2A, 2Tw, hands above, Th3R, SpSt, no speed at the end, FCCoSp, caml, sit, Y // sit, good and low one, Y, good unison, BoDs, change of hand, PCoSp.

Public loved them because they one probably the first one this evening to really attack and sell the program. A bit Juniorish, but made very pleasant impression.

Suidek/Suidek, Nidhy W Zyciu

Th3R, 3T, he u.r. and two-footed, FCCoSp, out of unison, many changes of positions, 3Tw, PCoSp, SpSt, 4Li, easy, nice flow, 1 hand, 1 hand dismount, BoDs, v fast, change of hand.

Very well done, lovely, sweet, excellent interactions between partners. Ok, I admit I have a sweet spot for these two, but I really enjoyed. They had some nice choreography as well.

Kawaguchi/Smirnov, Rondo Capriccioso

3T, 3Tw, high, Th3R, 4Li on 1 hand, FCCoSp, SpSt, BoDs, PCoSp.

It seems that Moskvina's gushing over them was well grounded. They still need to "gel" together, but the potential is right there, up to Yuka "flirting" with the judges and nice choreographic touches. Very well done.

Did Wakamatsu and Fecteau really skate to "Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane)?"

Buzzz

Final Flight
thanks anna. surprised to see Kawaguchi & Smirnov skate together already.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Really looking forward to seeing the new Pairs sensations skate this season. :agree:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Kawaguchi/Smirnov, Rondo Capriccioso

3T, 3Tw, high, Th3R, 4Li on 1 hand, FCCoSp, SpSt, BoDs, PCoSp.

It seems that Moskvina's gushing over them was well grounded. They still need to "gel" together, but the potential is right there, up to Yuka "flirting" with the judges and nice choreographic touches. Very well done.
I am so thrilled for them. I loved her with Markuntsov in DC, and thought they were horribly undermarked. If it takes skating for Russia instead of Japan for her to get respect, so be it.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Pylkina/Hogner, Sozo, Peacock

SpSt, facing coe, nice speed throughout, 3S, she doubled, Th3S touchdown with free hand, step out, CCoSp, she stumbled in the first half, too many changes ofposition, 4Li, 1 hand, BoDs, PCoSp, including "mishkutenok" spin.

Rather nice program with interesting touches here and there. She has excellent lines and posture and they made pleasant impression.
I think it was she who was hurt last year, causing them to pull out of their last events. She's having trouble landing jumps and throws this year, and I wonder if she's still hurting or spooked.

I love their edges and line, and they are among my favorite pairs, regardless of what they land.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I'm dying to see the Swedish Pair, as I've heard great things about them, and I believe Chris Dean choreo'd their programmes.
Hopefully they'll be going to Warsaw. :)