Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ladies' LP

Ladies' LP

Good grief, Alissa got four deductions in the LP. Did she fall four times?

http://www.isufs.org/results/gprus06/SEG004.HTM

Custom Title

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post

Congrats to Yoshi Onda who came back after a 6th place the short to take the bronze!

Custom Title

She seems to be a real headcase. She should have stayed home and rested.

Meier's in! Sebestyen's in!

GP final: Ando, Sebestyen, Kim, Meier, the first and second place finishers at NHK.

Alissa's LP

Mathman it appears (from reading at FSU) that Alissa fell on a flip, fell on another flip attempt, fell on 2a and also a lutz I really like her skating and don't understand what has happened with her jumps.

Maureen

Custom Title

Re:

Meier's in! Sebestyen's in!

GP final: Ando, Sebestyen, Kim, Meier, the first and second place finishers at NHK.
    Ironically, Yukari und Fumie, both of whom have a second place finish behind them, have a better shot at a GP Final spot than Mao Osada, who finished third in Skate America!

This season has turned to be a true surprise after all. It started with the hype about Meissner vs Asada, a supposed rivalry of the two best skaters on the scene. Now, we aren't even quite sure whether either of these two will earn a GP spot!

The only way Asada is guaranteed to get a spot for the GP Final is by winning NHK Trophy. A second place finish will put her in a tie with other skaters. I am not sure how a tie-breaker for such a tie would work out, but it seems like Asada might be on the losing end of it. Remember, a 2nd and a 3rd place finish will lose out to a 1st and 4th place finish. Since Rochette finished 1st at Skate Canada and 4th at Trophée Eric Bombard, she would be chosen over Asada for the GP final, if Asada only finishes second at NHK Trophy.

A scary thought ain't it. One year you win the GP Final, the next year you struggle to qualify. I wish Asada does qualify though, because she might just pull out a personal record-breaking performance at St. Petersburg. If not, she might get into top shape for Worlds and astound everyone with a win.

Ouch! Poor Alissa!!

Custom Title
    Meier and Sebestyen in

Please count the top scores next year!

I don't mind Sarah Meir so much, from what I hear she had a good performance at Skate America too. Sarah reminds me a lot of Fumie.

Custom Title
    Sarah has a beautiful LP to the Pride & Prejudice soundtrack.

Custom Title
    Ouch for Czinsy. She did even worse in the FS (10th) than she did in the short. Four falls is a total meltdown. Sounds like it may be a good thing she has some time to regroup.

Speaking of regrouping....it doesn't look as if Russia has a new contender to replace Slutskaya on the scene.

I must join others in being disappointed with the roster for the GPF. Sebestyen and Meier? With Sebestyen only managing a fifth in the LP here at a 92 score. And she barely did better for her gold. The GPF will not remotely be a preview of worlds this year, that's for sure.

Good for Onda for moving up in the long.

Custom Title
    I think Alissa needs to find herself a new coach. I am sure there are coaches out there who would love to coach her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by flying camel View Post
    I think Alissa needs to find herself a new coach. I am sure there are coaches out there who would love to coach her.
    I'm sure you're right. Everything but the jumps are world champion level. I think her coach should at least be bringing in a jump coach to specifically work with her on them.

Mao must win!!! or she joins Kimmie.

The way I read it thus far:

Miki and Julia tied for 1st place with 15 + 13 = 28. No need to break the tie TheFinal will do that.

Yu Na with 11 + 15 = 26

Rochette 15 + 9 = 24

Meier 9 +15 = 24

I believe the first tie breaker is concerned with the first GP result which would give the edge to Joanniel. However, if they go to the points (I think this is the second tie breaker) than Sara gets the edge with 328.18 v. Joannie with 325.38

What remains is the NHK and the possibilities are:

Mao has 11 needs 15 to be in the Finals with no problem
    if 11 ties with Joannie/Sara

Yukari has 13 needs 15 to be in Finals with no problem
    if 11 a tie with Joannie/Sara

Fumie has 13 needs 15 to be in Finals with no problem
    if 11 a tie with Joannie/Sara

One of the above Japanese Ladies will win gold and have no problem for the Final.

And One lady (silver medalist) will be part of the tie breaker of Joannie/Sara.

One of the above Japanese Ladies will have to be a bronzer at best and not qualify for the Finals.

Who will make the Finals? That is the Question!

Joe

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    So Kimmie is definitely out? (I have to admit I have not been following all the GPF math.) Ouch!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast