Ladies' LP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies' LP

R.D.

Record Breaker
Ok, thanks.

So The Sarah Fans got their wish.

But I'm glad she beat Sebestyen. Onda is kind of a surprise: I thought Sokolova would be on that podium as well.

At least Alyssa didn't finish last. That would just add insult to injury :eek:

LEESTARR

Rinkside
I don't think it is the coach. My daughter has her too. Although my daughter has good technique. One thing is she is lefty and maybe when she was small they didn't know how to teach lefty the correct way. I have known her since she was 5 years old and I think this is the case. She should of gotten help years ago. She does pretty good at Detroit in relaxed atmosphere she can jump good usually. Hope she gets it together because she is lovely girl.

R.D.

Record Breaker
But then

One thing is she is lefty and maybe when she was small they didn't know how to teach lefty the correct way. I have known her since she was 5 years old and I think this is the case.

who are you talking about here?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ok I wasn't confused by Leestarr's comment

they are basically saying they don't think Alyssa's coach is to blame for her bombing, and that perhaps because Alyssa skates/jumps as a lefty that when she was young and just starting out learning everything that whomever taught her did not have the ability to help her develop the skills correctly for her skating style and that that could still be hindering her [Alyssa].

did I get it right? ;)

btw - sorry for not doing this sooner, but, welcome to the board Leestarr!!! :)

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
That's what I might have figured as well but I thought the "she" was somewhat ambiguous (I wanted to make sure).

Alyssa is a talented skater but seems to have issues with technique. Couple that with dealing with competition and you have one very erratic skater. You just never know what you'll get from Czisny- like I said in another thread, she's about as hot/cold as you're gonna get these days. I think her bad days are outnumbering her good ones, though, and that's unfortunate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alyssa's issues are jumps. Over and out. She did work with Kurt during the summer and the jumps got better. It's old fashion nerves with the jumps. A sports shrink could help.

Joe

flying camel

Medalist
Alissa already goes to psychologist

Poor Girl, I can't even see her making top 10 in the US skating like that. She can forget the World Team. Maybe she should try that method Paul Wiley used to calm himself down. Remember when he would take his pusle on the ice.