Pairs predictions? | Golden Skate

Pairs predictions?

Shen & Zhou or Zhang & Zhang?

They will undoubtably be 1 and 2, but in which order?

The real battle, though, will be Marcoux & Buntin against Obertas & Slavnov for bronze. Winner goes on to the GP Finals (joining S&Z, Z&Z, Petrova & Tiknonov, Inoue & Baldwin and Savchenko & Szolkowy.)

Tesla

Final Flight
S/Z will win because they just connect with the music and the audience. They have a better overall package.

rain

Record Breaker
I predict S/Z will take the gold. I also predict M/B will take the bronze over O/S with a good FS. I think O/S may be ahead of them after the short.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
if they two are clean then S/Z... otherwise the cleanest of the two will win

hongligl

Final Flight
Let's assume they all skate clean and S/Z get all the level thing sort out after COC. Then technically Z/Z have some edge on paper: 2A+3T and 3Sx give them 3.7 more point than S/Z's 3T+2T and 2A. But S/Z will get .5 back by placing both their throws at the second half of the program(Z/Z have one throw in the second half too). This might be taken back by Z/Z's level 3 3Tw comparing to S/Z's level 2 3Tw. So in the LP, their technical difficulties on paper will be about 3.7. However, S/Z are capable of getting more GOE for their elements. This will minimize the difference even enable them to surpass Z/Z in TES. S/Z also have around 5 points at least more in PCS. So I would say S/Z will win.

In addition S/Z can afford of making a bit mistakes but still stay ahead a clean Z/Z.

In SP, S/Z's GOE and PCS can easily make up the ground of .5 to 1 point difference in technical difficulty and again a small glitch or two wouldn't mar S/Z's placement.

Alsace

On the Ice
Okay, I'll admit to laziness, but how is a 3Tw level two or three? What's the difference? And why is it not just like a jump, either you do it or you don't?

Larisco

Spectator
This is a guess, I'm still new to the Pairs Code of Points, but wouldnt the difference be the entry/type of twist: a split 3Tw, axel twist, toe-loop twist, lutz twist etc

antmanb

Record Breaker
This is a guess, I'm still new to the Pairs Code of Points, but wouldnt the difference be the entry/type of twist: a split 3Tw, axel twist, toe-loop twist, lutz twist etc

No the ltype of entranceis marked by an added abbreviation to the twist and the Base Mark is different depending on the type.

There is a list of criteria (which i'm too lazy to look up also!) which lists enhancers that make the twist more difficult. I think one enhancer is a split of more than 90 degerees by the lady prior to rotation. I think (but don't qoute me!) that full 180 degree split gives you 2 levels for enhancement purposes. A catch on the landing that i unaided by the lady (in other words having her arms abaove her head to prove she doesn't help in the catch) is another level enhancer.

I can't think of any more...anyone else?

Ant

hongligl

Final Flight
No the ltype of entranceis marked by an added abbreviation to the twist and the Base Mark is different depending on the type.

There is a list of criteria (which i'm too lazy to look up also!) which lists enhancers that make the twist more difficult. I think one enhancer is a split of more than 90 degerees by the lady prior to rotation. I think (but don't qoute me!) that full 180 degree split gives you 2 levels for enhancement purposes. A catch on the landing that i unaided by the lady (in other words having her arms abaove her head to prove she doesn't help in the catch) is another level enhancer.
I can't think of any more...anyone else?

Ant

You're mostly right.
there are 4 factors:
1.steps or other difficult entry to the twist.
2. split of at least 45 degree of each leg from body centre line by the lady at (after) the take off
3. catch by the sides of the wist
4. at least one arm above head level of the lady in the air

the 180 degree was for last year and is now disgarded.

antmanb

Record Breaker
You're mostly right.
there are 4 factors:
1.steps or other difficult entry to the twist.
2. split of at least 45 degree of each leg from body centre line by the lady at (after) the take off
3. catch by the sides of the wist
4. at least one arm above head level of the lady in the air

the 180 degree was for last year and is now disgarded.

Thanks for the clarification i wasn't sure if the 180 split was still in operation.

Ant