Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where's this Global Warming?

Where's this Global Warming?

Al Gore promised me global WARMING and I'm not seeing it.

Ok so really I haven't watched or read his latest 'greatest' rant on the current global warming situation, I doubt I'd agree with him on most if any of his points. lol. And this isn't so much a political rant as it's a "I'M STINKIN SICK OF THIS COLD!" I'm ready for our next 'warm winter' we are due for one in the next couple of years... it's steadily -15 to -20 degrees at night, and about +3 during the hight of the day... I am FREEZING! I don't care if I was born and raised here in Alaska... this sucks!!!

just ignore this frozen iceball of a person sitting in the corner mumbling to herself... they say it's a sign of hypothermia...

A. Y. & E. P.: Tzars Of The Ice, Lords Of The Rink anya_angie's Avatar
    LOL well how's this for global warming: The past few days in my hometown of Perryopolis in Western PA, it has been frosting at night, then it goes into the 60s in the afternoon. Today it was 69 degrees! In almost December! Usually we'd have snow by now!

usually we would too, but it's been SO COLD that it is TOO COLD to SNOW! ack!

wanna trade???

Skating Freak Barbie
    Been hitting high 60s here in the daytime...very nice for end of November.

BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - you all are bragging! *pouts, while freezing*

A. Y. & E. P.: Tzars Of The Ice, Lords Of The Rink anya_angie's Avatar
    Aww, I'll trade LOL!

Stay warm hon! *tosses heavy-duty electric blanket turned on high for buddy*

Well its been in the high 60's / 70 here
    Enjoying it while I can because one day its going to be COLD
    We don't get lot of snow, been here about 20yrs and only been snowed in twice thats 2x's to many but it gets cold

We're pushing 70 in NYC. That's a beautiful Spring day. Seems like global warming is keeping Santa off his reindeers and taking oil pipe line down to the stockings hung out on the porch.

Joe

Down With It
    It's been pretty warm over here in MD lately, too.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Now, Toni, see what you set off? A whole string of "hee hee" posts, which I will not add to by telling you how it is down here in SoCal.... (Or maybe I just did... )

Anyway -- without getting into any kind of debate about the matter myself, I will submit that Alaska in November is probably not the place to properly assess whether or not there is global warming. At least not at this point. In 20 years, maybe. The effects of it take longer to see the further north you go, except for the melting of the polar ice caps, which as I understand it is how they've been measuring these things.

And I WILL trade ya..... I'm tempted to go back to Oregon for the next couple of months just to have NORMAL WINTER WEATHER.... all this stuff down here can just freak you out after a while.......

Custom Title
    As many of you have probably noticed, repoprts on global warming are cyclical, much like actual climate patterns.....
    There tends to be much more (media reporting, that is) on the subject in the summer months (when it's an easier sell...) as well as in southern or large metro aeras, (where it's an easier sell.....) than in the winter an/or north.......

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    We have a huge snow storm happening here right now in Lotus Land - (Vancouver and surrounding lower mainland in British Columbia). We just endured the Pineapple Express from Hawaii - we were convinced we really are experiencing global warming - until today that is - now we are getting an arctic front. So much for our warm tropical winter we were informed about for this winter. Lacing up my muklucks.....

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Vancouver weather is just strange anyway, at least it has been every time I've been there. LOVE the city, think it's the most beautiful, friendly city in the world, but every time I go there, I experience about 5 different climates over the course of one day.... I always end up having to go back to the hotel room every 2 1/2 hours and change clothes AGAIN....

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    It's 64 F as of, now. But by this Thursday it's supposed to snow. Every season has it's way of working it'self into the next, really. Though, it's never predictable how the weather will do that.

Hang in there, Toni!

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar
    Ugh... snow falling today in the top of Utah. I've already been outside to scrape all the wet snow off of my VW Beetle.

April and May...where are you...???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast