Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: Ice Dance

  1. #1
    pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    wonderland
    Posts
    794

    Ice Dance

    your top 5?

    1. delobel/schoenfelder
    2. denkova/staviski
    3. the canadians...i cant spell their names (sorry)
    4. kerrs
    5. domnina/shabalin

    my podium is mostly based on program preference...

    but my realistic podium:
    1. denkova.staviski
    2. delobel/schoenfelder
    3. domnina.shabalin
    4. canadians
    5. belbin agosto

    i'm afraid the "hom ice theory" will be at its maximun effect....

  2. #2
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    georiga
    Posts
    12
    I'm not so sure that the French will medal. It's obvious that the judges do not appreciate their talent ( well competition placements seem to indicate that assumption). Also, I pretty sure Belbin/Agosto now realize that their current freedance is not very competitive. They have a little more than two weeks to make drastic changes before the GPF and I think they will (they're hungry for a world title). I think the Canadian's component scores will help them overtake the Russians (even if it's by a narrow margin) However, because ice dancing is so unpredictable these days, anything could happen.

  3. #3
    pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    wonderland
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by Gericho2004 View Post
    I'm not so sure that the French will medal. It's obvious that the judges do not appreciate their talent ( well competition placements seem to indicate that assumption). Also, I pretty sure Belbin/Agosto now realize that their current freedance is not very competitive. They have a little more than two weeks to make drastic changes before the GPF and I think they will (they're hungry for a world title). I think the Canadian's component scores will help them overtake the Russians (even if it's by a narrow margin) However, because ice dancing is so unpredictable these days, anything could happen.
    have hope for the french!
    hahaha
    though your point seems reasonable...at least a bronze dont you think?

  4. #4
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    georiga
    Posts
    12
    The French should have a technical advantage, but we'll see !

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    117
    the fair placement imo should be
    1.Den/Sta
    2.Del/S
    3.D/L

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    111
    I bet the french won't even be at the final. It all depends on NHK but I'm sure the judge are going to do their best to dump them.
    Even if they do go there, they have ZERO chance of a medal. Let me introduce you to the new champions : Domnina and Shabalin.
    Ice dance sucks.

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    I bet the french won't even be at the final. It all depends on NHK but I'm sure the judge are going to do their best to dump them.
    Even if they do go there, they have ZERO chance of a medal. Let me introduce you to the new champions : Domnina and Shabalin.
    Ice dance sucks.
    Del/S will be on the GP final. And they have a very good chance of a medal(if looking what they are producing on the ice) And frankly said all this things about Dom/S- being pushed because russian are crap. I do believe that even last year they were much better skaters then B/A.So if one of the younger team get a medal i do prefer it to be Dom/S

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,436
    The GPF will be in Russia. That will seriously affect the outcome of the GPF.

    There is no CD, so that will be helpful to B/A, whose OD is quite excellent.

    I think Denkova/Staviiski will win the GPF simply because they have the best dance skills.

    B/A will be 2nd in the OD, and DomShabs a close 3rd (this is in Russia, after all).

    The final result::

    1. Den/Sta
    2. DomShabs

    Third place is a tossup. It could go any way.

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    england
    Posts
    101
    My predictions gpf
    1.Denkova/Staviski
    2.Domnina/Shabalin
    3.Belbin/Agosto
    4.Delobel/Shoenfelder
    5.Dubreil/Lauzon
    6.Gregory/Petukhov

    What I would like
    1.Denkova/Staviski
    2.Delobel/Shoenfelder
    3.Domnina/Shabalin
    4.Belbin/Agosto
    5.Dubreil/Lauzon
    6.Gregory/Petikhov

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    The GPF will be in Russia. That will seriously affect the outcome of the GPF.

    There is no CD, so that will be helpful to B/A, whose OD is quite excellent.

    I think Denkova/Staviiski will win the GPF simply because they have the best dance skills.

    B/A will be 2nd in the OD, and DomShabs a close 3rd (this is in Russia, after all).

    The final result::

    1. Den/Sta
    2. DomShabs

    Third place is a tossup. It could go any way.
    Den/Sta should win not only because their superior dance skills, but also because of their programs.
    And i don't see the podium like this, but
    1.DenSta
    2.Dub/L
    3.Dom/S
    And i would like it to be like this
    1.DenSta
    2.Del/S
    3.Dom/S

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    My predictions gpf
    1.Denkova/Staviski
    2.Domnina/Shabalin
    3.Belbin/Agosto
    4.Delobel/Shoenfelder
    5.Dubreil/Lauzon
    6.Gregory/Petukhov

    What I would like
    1.Denkova/Staviski
    2.Delobel/Shoenfelder
    3.Domnina/Shabalin
    4.Belbin/Agosto
    5.Dubreil/Lauzon
    6.Gregory/Petikhov
    lol as our wishes are the same i hope they would become true in december

  12. #12
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    england
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by lanadd View Post
    lol as our wishes are the same i hope they would become true in december
    They're not gonna be though .No way will they put Delshoes second .
    I even think Delshoes could even end up in fifth under D/L .

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    They're not gonna be though .No way will they put Delshoes second .
    I even think Delshoes could even end up in fifth under D/L .
    Yes i know it is almost impossible. But i think that D/L will actually be placed second

  14. #14
    Tripping on the Podium AliasJohnDoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    54
    I think the judges might be bold and go for the 3 D/S podium:

    Predictions:
    1.Denkova/Staviski
    2.Domnina/Shabalin
    3.Delobel/Schoenfelder
    4.Dubreuil/Lauzon
    5.Belbin/Agosto
    6.Gregory/Petukhov

    What I'd like to see:
    1.Denkova/Staviski
    2.Dubreuil/Lauzon
    3.Gregory/Petukhov-Most improved since last year.
    4.Delobel/Schoenfelder
    5.Domnina/Shabalin
    6.Belbin/Agosto-Biggest fan, but I hate show tunes.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    I got issues
    Posts
    680
    I'd like to see:
    1)DenStas
    2)GrePets
    3)DelSchos
    4)DomShabs
    5)DubLauz
    6)BelAgos
    Do I think that will happen? Not even if hell froze over! I expect that B&A will be given a medal, and that despite their great improvements and wonderful programs G&P will be placed 6th, no matter how well they skate.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •