Ice Dance | Golden Skate

Ice Dance

Final Flight
your top 5?

1. delobel/schoenfelder :rock:
2. denkova/staviski
3. the canadians...i cant spell their names (sorry)
4. kerrs
5. domnina/shabalin

my podium is mostly based on program preference...

but my realistic podium:
1. denkova.staviski
2. delobel/schoenfelder :rock:
3. domnina.shabalin
4. canadians
5. belbin agosto

i'm afraid the "hom ice theory" will be at its maximun effect....:disapp:

Gericho2004

Rinkside
I'm not so sure that the French will medal. It's obvious that the judges do not appreciate their talent ( well competition placements seem to indicate that assumption). Also, I pretty sure Belbin/Agosto now realize that their current freedance is not very competitive. They have a little more than two weeks to make drastic changes before the GPF and I think they will (they're hungry for a world title). I think the Canadian's component scores will help them overtake the Russians (even if it's by a narrow margin) However, because ice dancing is so unpredictable these days, anything could happen.

Final Flight
I'm not so sure that the French will medal. It's obvious that the judges do not appreciate their talent ( well competition placements seem to indicate that assumption). Also, I pretty sure Belbin/Agosto now realize that their current freedance is not very competitive. They have a little more than two weeks to make drastic changes before the GPF and I think they will (they're hungry for a world title). I think the Canadian's component scores will help them overtake the Russians (even if it's by a narrow margin) However, because ice dancing is so unpredictable these days, anything could happen.

have hope for the french!
hahaha
though your point seems reasonable...at least a bronze dont you think?

MarieM

On the Ice
I bet the french won't even be at the final. It all depends on NHK but I'm sure the judge are going to do their best to dump them.
Even if they do go there, they have ZERO chance of a medal. Let me introduce you to the new champions : Domnina and Shabalin.
Ice dance sucks.

lanadd

On the Ice
I bet the french won't even be at the final. It all depends on NHK but I'm sure the judge are going to do their best to dump them.
Even if they do go there, they have ZERO chance of a medal. Let me introduce you to the new champions : Domnina and Shabalin.
Ice dance sucks.

Del/S will be on the GP final. And they have a very good chance of a medal(if looking what they are producing on the ice) And frankly said all this things about Dom/S- being pushed because russian are crap. I do believe that even last year they were much better skaters then B/A.So if one of the younger team get a medal i do prefer it to be Dom/S

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The GPF will be in Russia. That will seriously affect the outcome of the GPF.

There is no CD, so that will be helpful to B/A, whose OD is quite excellent.

I think Denkova/Staviiski will win the GPF simply because they have the best dance skills.

B/A will be 2nd in the OD, and DomShabs a close 3rd (this is in Russia, after all).

The final result::

1. Den/Sta
2. DomShabs

Third place is a tossup. It could go any way.

nuge

On the Ice
My predictions gpf
1.Denkova/Staviski
2.Domnina/Shabalin
3.Belbin/Agosto
4.Delobel/Shoenfelder
5.Dubreil/Lauzon
6.Gregory/Petukhov

What I would like :clap:
1.Denkova/Staviski
2.Delobel/Shoenfelder
3.Domnina/Shabalin
4.Belbin/Agosto
5.Dubreil/Lauzon
6.Gregory/Petikhov

lanadd

On the Ice
The GPF will be in Russia. That will seriously affect the outcome of the GPF.

There is no CD, so that will be helpful to B/A, whose OD is quite excellent.

I think Denkova/Staviiski will win the GPF simply because they have the best dance skills.

B/A will be 2nd in the OD, and DomShabs a close 3rd (this is in Russia, after all).

The final result::

1. Den/Sta
2. DomShabs

Third place is a tossup. It could go any way.

Den/Sta should win not only because their superior dance skills, but also because of their programs.
And i don't see the podium like this, but
1.DenSta
2.Dub/L
3.Dom/S
And i would like it to be like this
1.DenSta
2.Del/S
3.Dom/S

lanadd

On the Ice
My predictions gpf
1.Denkova/Staviski
2.Domnina/Shabalin
3.Belbin/Agosto
4.Delobel/Shoenfelder
5.Dubreil/Lauzon
6.Gregory/Petukhov

What I would like :clap:
1.Denkova/Staviski
2.Delobel/Shoenfelder
3.Domnina/Shabalin
4.Belbin/Agosto
5.Dubreil/Lauzon
6.Gregory/Petikhov

lol as our wishes are the same i hope they would become true in december:rock:

nuge

On the Ice
lol as our wishes are the same i hope they would become true in december:rock:

They're not gonna be though .No way will they put Delshoes second .:disapp: :cry: :frown: :eek:hwell:
I even think Delshoes could even end up in fifth under D/L .

lanadd

On the Ice
They're not gonna be though .No way will they put Delshoes second .:disapp: :cry: :frown: :eek:hwell:
I even think Delshoes could even end up in fifth under D/L .

Yes i know it is almost impossible. But i think that D/L will actually be placed second

AliasJohnDoe

Rinkside
I think the judges might be bold and go for the 3 D/S podium:

Predictions:
1.Denkova/Staviski
2.Domnina/Shabalin
3.Delobel/Schoenfelder
4.Dubreuil/Lauzon
5.Belbin/Agosto
6.Gregory/Petukhov

What I'd like to see:
1.Denkova/Staviski
2.Dubreuil/Lauzon
3.Gregory/Petukhov-Most improved since last year.
4.Delobel/Schoenfelder
5.Domnina/Shabalin
6.Belbin/Agosto-Biggest fan, but I hate show tunes.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
I'd like to see:
1)DenStas
2)GrePets
3)DelSchos
4)DomShabs
5)DubLauz
6)BelAgos
Do I think that will happen? Not even if hell froze over! I expect that B&A will be given a medal, and that despite their great improvements and wonderful programs G&P will be placed 6th, no matter how well they skate.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Ice dance sucks.

I know you have loved icedance for years Marie. It's nice to see you posting again, but please don't be so pessimistic. If Isa & Oli skate 100% clean and full out, and not be tentative, they will do well. I live in hope. :)

lanadd

On the Ice
I'd like to see:
1)DenStas
2)GrePets
3)DelSchos
4)DomShabs
5)DubLauz
6)BelAgos
Do I think that will happen? Not even if hell froze over! I expect that B&A will be given a medal, and that despite their great improvements and wonderful programs G&P will be placed 6th, no matter how well they skate.

I am afraid you are right about giving undeserved medal again to B/A. We've actually discussed this on one other topic on this forum...

rain

Record Breaker
In this post-Olympic season everyone is again jockeying for position in the new world order (you just know things will have settled down into a boring protocol by next year). RIght now the podium (should everyone avoid major errors) is a bit hard to predict. A few things I would bet on....Denk/Stav are favourite for gold at this point, but I think we will see the judges (at the behest of the Russian political machine, in their home nation) pushing Dom/Shab all the way up to second place - possibly even challenging Denk/Stav in the marks. And since I'm already in for a penny, I'll say flat out that I don't think Dom/Shab have improved that much that they deserve to suddenly be propelled as far up the standings as they have experienced so far this season. Their programs are certainly nothing special, IMO, of course.

I don't have a handle on where Dub/Lauz will figure in. They have not faced any of their major competition yet in the GP series due to the draws, so it's really hard to get a handle on where the judges think they should be relative to the other couples. Could be second pushing first due to, IMO again, their quality, but could also be dropped back down the standings to a top 5 team at 4th or 5th. I think they do actually still have a bit more momentum going for them than B/A. But as B/A showed in Cup of Russia and the Olympics, they don't tend to make major errors in competitions and can be the last team left standing. Del/Scho seems to be another team the judges aren't quite sure what to do with. Should G/P make the final, which I fully expect they will, I do expect them to be at the bottom of the standings....new kid syndrome.

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Judging from the comments in this thread about the perceived merits of G&P's improvement [I don't know, I haven't seen them this season] why is that a couple who finished below DomShabs can climb the ranks because they presumably deserve it, and if they finish 6th at the GPF, well it'll be because *that's their allotted slot* but DomShabs similar improvement up the rankings is viewed as Russian Political manouvering? :confused:

Also B&A actually do make mistakes at times - they did at Olympics in the FD, several mistakes, that's why so many of us were rather bemused, not to say angry, that they still clung onto the Silver, and DelSchoes once again, got nothing! :no:

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Just wanted to add that I think it's a disgrace that there is no CD skated at this event, so to me it is not a proper Dance competition at all.

Accepted the format has been fiddled around with, 2 FDs, now one FD and OD, so why not re-introduce a CD? It doesn't make sense they haven't done.

Without a CD, this result will not be a forerunner to Worlds IMO.

Yes, I am a devotee of the Compulsory Dances - guilty as charged! :agree: