Golden Bear 2006 | Golden Skate

Golden Bear 2006

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
And HERE comes another one...... :laugh:

http://www.croskate.hr/prijaveZM/ZM06mali/index.htm

I can't make head or tails out of this one; this one confuses me every year. I haven't the slightest clue what Debs, Springs, Cubs, and Chicks are supposed to be. (I think in past seasons they did say what age groups these were, but not this one apparently). I rather suspect there might be 8-year-olds involved....

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Reports

Hi JonnyCoop!

You don't know what Springs, Debs, Cubs and Chicks are? It's my pleasure to explain! For example, this year:
CHICKS are those born in 1999 and younger
CUBS are those born in 1998 and 1997
SPRINGS are those born in 1996 and 1995
DEBS are those born in 1994 and 1993

So next year CHICKS will be those born in 2000 and younger, CUBS will be those born in 1999 and 1998 and so on and so on.... And you understand me???

I was waiting for someone to post here about the Bear...I competed at it. Yes, I did finish low (20th of 24) but this is my first ever competiton with the new system and now I know what to work on. And though all I got level 3 for spirals.

I want to comment everything but there are so many skaters... So I'll just say a little something...

JUNIOR LADIES:

Honestly? HUH. Some of them made me think it's JGP, and some- that it's weaker category than even novice girls.
L.Mellgren SWE- 3toe. 3salcow. 2axel. WOW. Well done.
K.Gierok GER- awwww she is so nice...I'm so sorry that she cryed after the performance...I guess she didn't realise she was 2nd...
K. Hadford HUN- so finally I saw her too! The famous one! After the first day she got all jumps downgraded...it's a pitty....and she seems like a nice girl
I won't comment all...But I have to say this..A. Uspenska SLO who finished 7th...I know her from camps before...I liked her skating best. Whole 2 groups I was there at the rinkside and taking videos...She went to warm up and did everything. Perfectly. Wonderful, high double lutz with arms up. And she did it again when judges were calling the marks for the girl before her. And in the program-SHE FELL ON IT! I just couldn't believe it! I think you can hear on the tape from the camera me saying "Aaaaahhhh!" And she skated so good! So fast! I was so sorry for her...

NOVICE GIRLS

These half German-Russian girls are so interesting...In one warm up there were 3 of them....You could just stand and listen: pick, pick, pick in the ice....
I don't know who to comment, appart of this girl: Stina Martini AUT. WOW. She rocks. I don't remember when did I last time see such a beautiful skater as her. Nice jumps. Great spins! Wonderful skating. Well done, really well done...

NOVICE BOYS:

why....why is M.Horvat SLO finish 2nd... in the short he skated so good....And I didn't watch the free but his coach told that he "messed up" two combos...

JUNIOR MEN:

S.Kiefer AUT- 3flip! 3lutz! OMG....

There were youngesters categories too...I won't comment those, appart of DEBS GIRLS 93, 94:
How? I will never understand this result. How did P.Umek SLO finish only 3rd? Sweden girl wasn't that good. And hungarian one was good but I dont think better than Pina. Pina did 2axel! and 3salcow! What do you more want from a 12 years old Slovenian girl? I still think it was very unfair.

OK I have almost everything on the video tape, so just name me the skater and I'll say something if you need any comment. All I can say is that the golden bear is far stronger than it used to be.... Germany, Italy, Sweden, Russia, Romania, Bosnia, Hungary, Slovenia, Austria, Croatia, Serbia, Slovakia, Luxemburg...this certanly was a VERY strong competition.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Thanks for the great report, well done on competing, and congrats on your website Mila, it's very nice. :agree:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Hi JonnyCoop!

You don't know what Springs, Debs, Cubs and Chicks are? It's my pleasure to explain! For example, this year:
CHICKS are those born in 1999 and younger
CUBS are those born in 1998 and 1997
SPRINGS are those born in 1996 and 1995
DEBS are those born in 1994 and 1993

So next year CHICKS will be those born in 2000 and younger, CUBS will be those born in 1999 and 1998 and so on and so on.... And you understand me???

I was waiting for someone to post here about the Bear...I competed at it. Yes, I did finish low (20th of 24) but this is my first ever competiton with the new system and now I know what to work on. And though all I got level 3 for spirals.

Thanks for the info. I seem to recall seeing something about what age group the Chicks, Cubs, etc, were in a previous year (I think last year) but couldn't find it this year. You were in the back of my mind as I was posting, wondering if you'd ever competed in it. I'm glad you got so much out of the experience. And now you have a personal best score you can beat next time!!:rock: