Irina Slutskaya | Golden Skate

Irina Slutskaya

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Well during the ESPN coverage of Skate Canada, Terry Gannon said in skating news that she might compete ate the Russian Nationals. I know she didn't fully retire

R.D.

Record Breaker
I thought she wanted to take the season off or something. Isn't she almost 30??

Fossi

Final Flight
Irina has shown that she can beat the youngins even at her "old" age.
All of the "old guard" are aging: Irina, Michelle, Sasha, Shizuka.

nubka

Final Flight
If that's what she really wants to do, then I hope she does. I'd love to see her compete again!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We just saw her in "Country on Ice" in Philly on November 8. She skated to Dolly Parton's "9 to 5" & Gretchen Wilson's "Redneck Woman." (Gretchen Wilson was the musical guest for this show)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Irina has shown that she can beat the youngins even at her "old" age.
All of the "old guard" are aging: Irina, Michelle, Sasha, Shizuka.

Knock knock. Fumie.:biggrin:

This doesn't surprise me, the Ira news. I hope it goes really well for her, incentive to stick around. Alas the new Bielmann rule, will it play out her way?

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
In an article for Sports Illustrated at the beginning of the month, she refuted an article/interview in the Russian press (All Sport) which claimed that she had announced her retirement. (This was posted on a thread here that reported the original story from Russia.)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/olympics/11/07/bc.fig.slutskaya.ap/index.html

"You know what, I don't want to say no," she said. "I miss the (Grand Prix) series, but if I want to come back, Russian nationals are in January, so I would have time to get ready. I don't think about anything because, right now, I have so much more to do."

waxel

Final Flight
LOL. Alwasys amazes me that Sasha is lumped in with the group of "elderly skaters." She just turned 22.

wvgal57

On the Ice
She's just so busy!

Irina hasn't stopped since her GP run up to the Games! She's now busy doing skating shows, tv and commercials. I don't think she will be at Russian Nationals this year and if the offers keep coming for her as they have since Turino, I don't think she'll return to competition. There is nothing left for her to win other than OG and she'll be over 30 by the next Games, just don't see it happening.

Here is a link to the latest commercial she's done as well as a photo:

www.vitek-aus.ru/press/ne...il/166.htm

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/6646/visualcm0.jpg

Press the blue word at the end to watch the commercial.

You can find current Irina news at ISFF or her Russian board.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the news, WVgal. Is she selling coffee pots?

The first link that you posted is incomplete. (If you copied and pasted from another board it doesn't pick up the full url.) Can you repost? (Go to the site and copy the whole url from the address bar.)

Thanks. I know lots of people will want to see it.

MM :)

Fossi

Final Flight
LOL. Alwasys amazes me that Sasha is lumped in with the group of "elderly skaters." She just turned 22.

Well, if *some* Sasha fans felt Michelle was old at 21, then I guess Sasha must be old now. ;-)

But she is older than the young up and comers. Elderly, probaby not. But neither is Irina at 28.

Fossi

Final Flight
The first link didn't work for me.

Irina looks wonderful in the photo! Just gorgeous! Is that her home? Beautiful!
How is her health? She looks healthy and happy in the photo.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I too would love to see that new commercial. I can't find it on the web, of course US sites come up first for me.

I do not think that is her home, unless it is a new one (but it looks like a set home to me) for the one I believe was in a fluff piece of ESPN's and it is an apartment complex.

Also I believe that is a water pot, for boiling water.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Or is it a cauldron of boiling water for stirring up varmin and insects which then can be infused into a big red apple? That wall-hung mirror know.s ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Here's the link to the commercial.
Thanks MM, ah the magic blue word:agree: (I 'spose I should have tried translating. She is so darn cute.:love: :love: :love: But I don't understand how it was quicker to lace up your skates rather then just walk like a penguin over to the guy - watering out side with that much snow on the ground????? I guess it is a culture thing.;)