"House" fans........ | Golden Skate

"House" fans........

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Does anyone else watch "House"? I normally love this show, but am turned off by the current storyline. It involves a vindictive cop who is carrying this vendetta against House too far........anyone else? 42

bronxgirl

Medalist
well, in real life, there wouldn't be a single hospital that would put up with House, no matter how brilliant a diagnostician he is. And forging prescriptions is a crime. Personally, I notice other mistakes as in he holds the cane in the wrong hand, and where are the radiology techs in the hospital?
The "vendetta" is more than due - House has broken the law by forging narcotic prescriptions, and has put the career of his only "friend" at risk. A good pain management doc would have their hands full with House to begin with as he would think that he knows more than they would anyway, so it's good to see him get his comeuppance :clap:

Kathy

On the Ice
Love this show. And I like the new story line. I mean it's all a carricature of real life - in a way - and House just says and does what many think and suppress - and there would be a price to pay - and now the have him run up against his match. Will be interesting to see what the writers do with the story line.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
my dad's a med tech and he can't stand house... the fact that house gets away with anything and everything drives him up the wall... me I love the show because of his sarcastic nature ;)

as for the cane in teh wrong hand, they delt with that last week... apparently he doesn't like to even walk with a cane the way he's told to...

Hugh Laurie is hysterical anyway, so I love it!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I hate this storyline of House being demonized. Yes, House breaks all of the rules but I love that!!! He says what most of us think. Hey, it is for entertainment purposes only. I think it does do a good job of bringing up one of the most frustrating medical problems......the undertreatment of chronic pain. Yes, he is an addict. OTOH he is working, contributing to society, and saving lives. I think one of the most controversial medical ethics problems is this very issue. Is it OK to be addicted if it allows you to function and be productive....continue at your career? Not condoning the script forging...............BUT if this storyline helps to open dialogue and draw attention to those trying to function in the real world with chronic pain then rock on House!

Calling RGirl wherever you may be...................would love your input on this.

David Morse was one of my favorite docs on "St. Elsewhere" so i am giving him the benefit of a doubt. Do any of you remember when his wife died and they transplanted her heart into another patient. The scene where he was listening to his wife's heart beat in someone else's body was a real tear jerker.

While we are talking about TV docs...........what did you guys think of the Luca/Mr. Ames story over on ER? I was underwhelmed. Forrest Whitaker is such a great actor and director, I guess I expected more. Anyone have a clue about John Stamos character?

Are you a McDreamy or McSteamy fan:biggrin: ?

bronxgirl

Medalist
I think it does do a good job of bringing up one of the most frustrating medical problems......the undertreatment of chronic pain. Yes, he is an addict. OTOH he is working, contributing to society, and saving lives. I think one of the most controversial medical ethics problems is this very issue. Is it OK to be addicted if it allows you to function and be productive....continue at your career? Not condoning the script forging...............BUT if this storyline helps to open dialogue and draw attention to those trying to function in the real world with chronic pain then rock on House!

There is a big difference between addiction and tolerance to narcotic pain medication. House is an addict. It shows that in other parts of his life (e.g being at OTB instead of the hospital). Yes chronic pain patients are undertreated, but there is a HUGE difference between tolerating/physical dependence on narcotics versus addiction. Addiction would not allow you to function and be productive.
I enjoy the show - don't get me wrong, and I adore Hugh Laurie, but it really does not advance the cause of people who suffer from chronic pain by assuming you become an addict when your pain is controlled. :yes:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thank you, everyone, for your input. Don't get me wrong, House is a jerk, a brilliant diagnostician, but a jerk. However, the cop is sadistic and uses his power to control ruthlessly...........that scares me far more than a vicodin addict like House. His vendetta is shutting down many physicians....is the hospital next, and does he have the authority outside of the courts, to freeze anyone's back accounts that he chooses? How is that possible. Sounds like a police state to me............42

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
YEP, love the show. The fact that it exposes and doesn't send you flowers is Avant Guard at it's finest. Sometimes I think it could be a little more "in your face."

House is a A$$:agree: It shows me something about "intervention" and the ways it can be handled. It also shows that people are the problem when it comes to "Drugs," and every individual whether uneducated or highly educated can succumb to a vice. Addiction is one thing, but abuse.....

Plus there are 3 talented and gorgeous "actresses" on there.:laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
hollywood loves to use creative liberty to make their villians that much more evil

however I think HOUSE is the one in teh wrong, he doesn't want to lose, but he doesn't seem to give a crap about anyone he hurts...

I don't think anyone is in any danger of further action... Wilson sold House out ;)

anya_angie

Final Flight
I have heard of House but never watched it. I do love Bones though, pretty hooked on it. Unfortunately I'm also hooked on Justice which is in a bit of trouble with the ratings:( *sigh* I'm just glad that they're bringing it back Friday for 4 more episodes.