Sasha at Rockefeller Center | Golden Skate

Sasha at Rockefeller Center

Did you guys see Sasha just now, at the tree lighting ceremony at Rockefeller Center? She skated to Christina Aguilera's new song. Red dress. Unfortunately they showed more of the singer than the skater, but oh well.

Gosh, when these ladies are out of the spotlight for a while you start to forget how beautiful it all is. :love: :love: :love: If Sasha comes back for U.S. Nationals she will steal the show (not to take anything away from Kimmie, Emily and the rest.)

PS. I mean Sasha wore a red dress, not that this was the name of the song. :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
I wasn't aware of this.

Sasha will not come back for Us Nats. Even if she does Kimmie will beat the pants out of her.

What Christina Aguilera song is it? And I've never heard it before...does someone have a link to an MP3 or sample of it? (don't listen to radio any more...)

It's "Hurt" - that's all I know. Odd choice to end a fairly traditional Christmas special.

There was too much Christina and too little Sasha. But she looked good, in her God Bless America dress. I can't believe they cut away from her spiral. :sheesh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well remember Christina's the more popular one so of course she'll be shown more.

OK, I get it but to cut away from Sasha's spiral shows they don't know the first thing about her! Grrrr.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Nice to see but not so good in the editing booth. Some of the lighting was horrible as well. Looked like the COI number. Got to love that lady in a ponytail, gerr gerr:love: Now I know how cute those ears are when I am watching.!!!

And could Christina's acknowledgment of Sasha be any more lackluster.:p

R.D.

Record Breaker
OK, I just downloaded the performance from another forum and watched the coverage. I thought it was fine the way they did it- they cut back and forth like you'd expect them to, right? The way some folks were carrying on I'd thought they only showed Sasha once or twice for about 4 seconds each!

That song by CA isn't bad, BTW. I might have to find that MP3.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sasha will not come back for Us Nats. Even if she does Kimmie will beat the pants out of her.
How do you know that??? By the way Kimmie hasn't beat the pants off anyone this year.

Dee

OK, I just downloaded the performance from another forum and watched the coverage. I thought it was fine the way they did it- they cut back and forth like you'd expect them to, right?
No, because the point of the singer being there at all is so you can listen to her singing. There is nothing interesting about someone just standing there holding a microphone up to her face for three minutes.

But skating is a visual art. Show the skating, listen to the music.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
OK, I just downloaded the performance from another forum and watched the coverage. I thought it was fine the way they did it- they cut back and forth like you'd expect them to, right? The way some folks were carrying on I'd thought they only showed Sasha once or twice for about 4 seconds each!

That song by CA isn't bad, BTW. I might have to find that MP3.

Hey, so I am bias, I want to see Sasha more:p :laugh: Some is better than none.

I bet Johnny was jealous, Christina is his fave - source his favorites list.

It acutely was pretty fair in time:agree: , but not such good timing in cutting back and forth. - incomplete spiral sq, and splits (Russian?) jump with no lighting..... I would rather see SC skate then CA stand there.

And I do also think that was a nice song:agree: It is too bad that she has such a nice voice (over uses it most of the time IMO) but a ll I can see when she is visible is a "trollop." A pretty one, but a trollop none the less.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Also remember we're SKATING fans. If they showed only Cohen I'd bet many CA fans would have it in for them. Besides, it was dark so we wouldn't have seen much anyway. Also, this was not a skating show.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
as much as I hate to say it, RD is right... tv is a business and Aguleria trumps Cohen every time when it comes to money and ratings... and that's what makes the western world (and American Media - whether they admit it or not) go round.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Todd Eldredge was performing in Bryant Park Pond the other night. I missed that one too.

Joe

Joe, if you scroll down to the post by saidie, you can read a little report about this event. I wish we could have gone to this!

http://forums.starsonice.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2522

We watched Sasha on TV last night. I wish they would have focused on showing her more than they did. Can't they use a split screen when there are a singer and skater? No disrespect to Christina Aguilera intended. :disapp:

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
as much as I hate to say it, RD is right... tv is a business and Aguleria trumps Cohen every time when it comes to money and ratings... and that's what makes the western world (and American Media - whether they admit it or not) go round.

What you said is right but I'm not sure if it had anything to do with the way they arranged THIS particular broadcast. The piece was advertised as "Christina Aguilera AND Sasha Cohen" and during the broadcast I got the impression they were doing their best to try to show both of them equally. I think Christina got a little more showing but that's understandable given that the emphasis during the broadcast was on the musical performers.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
We watched Sasha on TV last night. I wish they would have focused on showing her more than they did. Can't they use a split screen when there are a singer and skater? No disrespect to Christina Aguilera intended. :disapp:

Maybe someone who actually attended the event and brought their little digital camera took video during the performance and may upload it to YT soon?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I didn't see the broadcast, they didn't mention any skaters and with the weather being as wacky as it has been on the East Coast I just assumed skaters couldn't participate due to crappy ice conditions... so I'm just talking in broad terms...

they used to do the split screen during shows and what not and people on skating boards complained then too. the networks will NEVER get it right.

Fossi

Final Flight
Christina is much more popular than Sasha with teenagers and the general public. Skating fans and Sasha fans just need to face it.
Christina is such a beautiful girl! And that song was fabulous. I lovedit!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Christina is such a beautiful girl! And that song was fabulous. I lovedit!
Not as pretty as Sasha:p And still, I will never see anything but a tramp first when I see Christina. I know there is more to her and have heard "rumor" of charitable acts. But the first thing I think when I see CA is "to bad such a talent comes across as being such a little h.."
Sorry to go off...

Really I think it was fair air time, yet it did not make sense from the "action" stand point. My Friend (one often mentioned about being a "FS non-believer.") AND my dad (72 and could really care less either way) both said "it didn't make sense to have someone just standing there singing when you can hear their voice while you watch the other performer that is doing something."

Anyhoo, likely a part of CA's (definitely more cash) contract that she receive the time she did. Even from a PR standpoint it sounds like a way to keep Christina's "share" down as low as possible.