Compulsory Dance Results | Golden Skate

Compulsory Dance Results

enlight78

Medalist
1 Marie-France DUBREUIL / Patrice LAUZON CAN 38.28 19.40 18.88 7.70 7.40 7.60 7.50 0.00 #6

2 Jana KHOKHLOVA / Sergei NOVITSKI RUS 33.66 17.22 16.44 6.70 6.40 6.65 6.55 0.00 #3

3 Melissa GREGORY / Denis PETUKHOV USA 33.62 16.98 16.64 6.70 6.55 6.70 6.70 0.00 #9

4 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE USA 29.98 16.08 13.90 5.70 5.45 5.55 5.50 0.00 #7

5 Nozomi WATANABE / Akiyuki KIDO JPN 28.99 15.24 13.75 5.65 5.40 5.55 5.35 0.00 #1

6 Anna ZADOROZHNIUK / Sergei VERBILLO UKR 27.40 14.70 12.70 5.25 4.90 4.95 5.20 0.00 #5

7 Lauren SENFT / Leif GISLASON CAN 26.96 14.76 12.20 5.00 4.65 5.05 4.85 0.00 #8

8 Trina PRATT / Todd GILLES USA 26.33 13.98 12.35 5.05 4.75 4.90 5.10 0.00 #4

9 Mylene LAMOUREUX / Michael MEE CAN 24.86 13.64 11.22 4.55 4.40 4.45 4.55 0.00 #2

10 Kamila HAJKOVA / David VINCOUR CZE 22.60 12.36 10.24 4.20 3.95 4.10 4.15 0.00 #10

11 Zsuzsanna NAGY / Gyorgy ELEK HUN 21.05 11.84 9.21 3.70 3.60 3.80 3.65 0.00 #11

Tesla

Final Flight
From ISU article:
Gregory/Petukhov’s Compulsory Dance was also solid except for a little wobble in the fourth segment. The husband-and-wife team received 33.62 points (16.98/16.64) and is virtually tied with the Russian team. “We were really happy with the way we skated, but we’re really disappointed in our result, because we don’t think it was justified”, Gregory told the press. “I felt we skated very strong, we did every step, edges on music and I think the other couple wasn’t on the music and did much larger errors than we did.”

I hope G/P rock the OD and FD and won't be held down for the Russian pair. :( I really like their free dance this year.

lanadd

On the Ice
“It went ok. We did a pretty good dance. We didn’t get to work too much on it, because since Skate Canada we’ve been working on doing a new OD (Original Dance). We have a different music, a different program, so we didn’t get a chance to work that much on compulsories. We did it clean and like it is supposed to be done and we’ll get it better as this season goes on”, Dubreuil said. “It (the Rhumba) is a very fun dance, I like it very much”, Lauzon said. “It requires low knees and powerful edges and I think it suits our qualities as skaters”, his partner added. "
What the hell is that?A new OD? Isn't a little bit late for that?And what was so wrong with the old one?It wasn't as bad as some other programs we've seen so far

lotusland

On the Ice
What the hell is that?A new OD? Isn't a little bit late for that?And what was so wrong with the old one?It wasn't as bad as some other programs we've seen so far
Perhaps just that, "it wasn't as bad as some ..." Maybe they want it to be outstanding, amazing or just plain alot better than just "not as bad as some ..." ;)

dfj

On the Ice
Perhaps just that, "it wasn't as bad as some ..." Maybe they want it to be outstanding, amazing or just plain alot better than just "not as bad as some ..." ;)

I think they received some criticism at Skate Canada and :rock: :rock: to them, took those comments to heart and went back to the drawing board. I hope the new "D/L" tango is fabulous.

rain

Record Breaker
I think they received some criticism at Skate Canada and :rock: :rock: to them, took those comments to heart and went back to the drawing board. I hope the new "D/L" tango is fabulous.

Agreed. I think they really have their sights set on contending for gold this season and are doing everything they can to given themselves the best shot. I quite liked their OD, but if they felt they needed to change it, more power to them. As for timing, I think they made a good move by making a decision and going for it early in the season rather than having to learn something new last minute post-Grand Prix before Nationals and Worlds.

My two favorite teams, right there in the mix!

Go Davis and White!

Go Watanabe and Kido!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Melissa and Denis are gonna rock out the Tango! and then their FD is just stellar so... yeah! GOOOOOOOOO G/P!!!!! :rock: :love:

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
D&L's Tango didn't blow me away at SC, so I admire them for seeing that their rival couples have a stronger dance, and the need to change it. :agree:

They have quality CDs generally, and were able to win here with little practice, so to avoid being overtaken in the OD later in the season, when up against the best at the GPF and Worlds, I think they have made a wise choice. :bow:

Charlie & Meryl, my new fave American couple! :clap:

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
I don't know what I love more, Melissa and Denis's huuuuuuuuuuuuge improvements and awesome new programs this year, or Melissa's new, feisty Diva attitude! I hope they pull up in the OD and FD and make the GPF.

Dyan

On the Ice
......I hope G/P rock the OD and FD and won't be held down for the Russian pair. :( I really like their free dance this year.

I don't think that it's fair to assume that Melissa and Denis are being held down in favor of Khokhlova & Novitski. IMO the battle for second at NHK between K&N and G&P could be much like the B&A vs D&S at Cup of China. Both couples are about equal in ability and it may come down to who skates the best (well okay as much as I adore Tanith and Ben, the Cup of China result was partially helped along by B&A skating an underprepared FD.)

I went back and read the report on the ISU page and it said that K&N skated a strong Rhumba so I have no reason to believe that G&P were being held back.

Though not my absolute favorites, I've always enjoyed G&P's skating and applaud them for the improvements they have made plus their FD this season is quite nice. However I watched K&N's FD on youtube earlier today (this is the first time I've seen one of their programs) and I love it; I do think it is good enough to fairly be placed above G&P. Not so sure about the OD though.

Last edited:

lanadd

On the Ice
Yes their tango at SC wasn't impressive, but i don't find the new one impressive either- i find it very similar to the old one

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Yes their tango at SC wasn't impressive, but i don't find the new one impressive either- i find it very similar to the old one

Do you mean D&L? I haven't seen the new one, but I imagine it will have some elements of the old one's choreo.

lanadd

On the Ice
Do you mean D&L? I haven't seen the new one, but I imagine it will have some elements of the old one's choreo.

Actually after i've seen it looks to me like it has a lot from the choreo and moves of D/S tango also...I am soo:mad: that they are trying to copying them:disagree: :disagree:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't know what I love more, Melissa and Denis's huuuuuuuuuuuuge improvements and awesome new programs this year, or Melissa's new, feisty Diva attitude! I hope they pull up in the OD and FD and make the GPF.

I'm not sure if her fiesty attitude is 'new', she is just being more vocal in the press this year :)

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
I'm not sure if her fiesty attitude is 'new', she is just being more vocal in the press this year :)

Yeah, that's what I meant. I'm sure that deep down all of these skaters are pretty feisty, but its new to hear Melissa saying anything like she did here. I love it.