Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: General Notes on reports

Custom Title

General Notes on reports

There's 3 rinks running at the same time, so I'm obviously not going to see all of the events. I'm probably going to be watching all of the men and as much of the other events as I can fit in (Pairs is 2nd in line and then the juniors).

They're only announcing the total score for the skate, and for the Quebec skaters it seems that they're only announcing in French. Sometimes they announce the current placement and sometimes they don't. I don't have music sheets or planned content in the area although I understand they're available in hardcopy in the media room.

I've been told that the results will be posted on the skate canada website at the end of each day.

If you have any questions or specific requests, please post them in this thread and I'll try and answer them for you.

Custom Title
    Another note: I have wireless internet both at the hotel and here in the arena but the connect is quite slow and I'm having trouble at time to post the reports (it took me 4 tries to get my last post to actually post)

Medalist
    Thanks for all your work Rosaleen!

Tripping on the Podium

Results Reports

We all owe you a great deal of thanks for being the best in reporting results.

It's people like you who keep the interest in this sport high with your timely reports.

Without your dedication we'd be in the dark!

On the Ice
    Thank you so much for all your reporting, the Skate Canada site is still not working. Would have not known anything with out your reports. Thanks again!!

Rinkside

thank you

Hello,

Thank you to all of you trying to post information. It is Friday morning here in Fredericton, NB and I just checked the Skate Canada Website and still no results. Did we not have the same problem last year??????I agree with out you who take the time to inform us we would be in the dark!!!!!!!It is amazing how Skate Canada website can post international results but events in our own country seem to be a problem???????
    Thank You again.

Rinkside

Pre-Novice Pairs Eastern

Does anyone know how the Pre-Novice Pairs Eastern,Short Program finished?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Does anyone know how the Pre-Novice Pairs Eastern,Short Program finished?
    Sorry, I didn't stay for them last night - I was just too tired. As soon as I get to the rink today (around 9:00am) I'll get the sheet for both the Pre-Nov Pairs East and Nov Dance East and post the results (if the Skate Canada site still isn't working).

The lady attempting to post the results didn't get the files from the accountants until around 8:30pm, which is when she started trying to post them. I really don't know why they can't get organized to post the results after each event. At least that way they would have known they had a problem earlier in the day and might have been able to solve it sooner.

I'll also try and get results sheets right after each event and post the numbers as soon as I can, but it may not be until I get back to the hotel.

Medalist
    Is everything okay with Rosaleen? It's odd she didn't post anything today. (Or was she only able to attend the first 2 days of competition?) technical problems perhaps?

Custom Title
    I'm here but I didn't have an internet connection at the arena today. I just got back to the hotel now and am working on posting everything.

I tried to send a PM to let everyone know but I'm not sure if it went through or not

Medalist
    Ah thanks. I thought it might be something like that- you're usually so good about getting stuff up. I'm glad everything's okay.

Did the stranded skaters make it?

Custom Title
    Yes, all of the stranded skaters made it here.

Some of them only received their skates barely in time to skate.

Chad Mathieu (West Jr Man) was one of them. Instead of skating in his original start order (10th) he skated last.

I understand the same thing happened to 2 of the Western Novice Women.

I also heard that some skaters ended up driving 19 hours from Montreal to get here for tonight's competition. I think it might have been some Eastern pre-nov dancers.

Rinkside

General Notes on reports

Judging from the results, this challenge event has distinct disadvantages for skaters who had to travel furthest from the west. Due to unpredictable weather conditions and time of year, the challenge events must be held in Central Canada, forget about moving the events across the country. They'll only come to the west once in about 10 years anyways, if at all.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by IceNut View Post
    Judging from the results, this challenge event has distinct disadvantages for skaters who had to travel furthest from the west. Due to unpredictable weather conditions and time of year, the challenge events must be held in Central Canada, forget about moving the events across the country. They'll only come to the west once in about 10 years anyways, if at all.
    I agree with you. Either split it into 2 competitions (East and West), which would be preferable, I think). Or hold it in the middle. Mississaugua may not be the prettiest or most interesting spot on earth, but it's near the country's largest airport, accessible from almost anywhere with a minimum of connecting flights, and there are lots of hotels nearby.

Custom Title
    I believe the Challenges should return to separate Eastern and Western events next year; the only reason they've been in the same spot is to iron out the kinks in the CoP system. After three years they should go back to the old rotation. If so, Newfoundland and Labrador should be next for Eastern...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast