Ice Network | Golden Skate

Ice Network

Jhar55

Medalist
Has anyone subscribed to the Ice Network and is it worth the $29.99?
How much skating do you get to see?

I did but I haven't used it yet. I saw the free Regionals and I believe they will be showing the Sectionals (which should be easier to watch) for the price. Other events are planned but I don't know what. I hope to see the Jr GPF.

If your interest in Figure Skating is just for the top ten skaters in the USA then I would say it is not worth it. But if your interest, like me, is watching the young challengers try to make a statement then it is worth it.

Joe

waxel

Final Flight
I think they did a good job at Regionals. I'm not sure what all they intend to cover... all the skates in all the levels and disciplines at Nats? That is certainly worth 30 bucks.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Has anyone subscribed to the Ice Network and is it worth the $29.99?
For me, it is worth it because I follow the competitions of the Juvenile-Senior level U.S. skaters throughout the season and enjoy watching the skaters' development as they progress in their careers. Many of the ones whose skating I enjoy may not make it to the senior level at Nationals and beyond (or ever be shown on TV), so I appreciate their talents at club competitions, Regionals, Sectionals, Nationals, etc.

How much skating do you get to see?
For the 2006-07 season: "... watch all three of this fall's sectional championships as well as the season's regional championships. Ice Network will have coverage of the U.S. Junior Championships (including live coverage of Saturday's intermediate final rounds [TOMORROW, Dec. 2nd]), synchronized and adult sectionals, and the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships and U.S. Adult Championships. Competitions will be available on a "live" or "on demand" basis."

Just so people are aware -- Ice Network cannot show 2007 U.S. Nationals because ABC/ESPN still holds all the broadcast rights (it's the last year of their TV contract). ISU events (like the JGP Final) are not included (don't know if they will be in the future but it doesn't hurt to hope...).

All 3 Sectional Championships are available for viewing now. The senior men's event at Midwesterns is definitely worth watching, IMO.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Has ESPN said whether or not they will be renewing their contract with the USFSA?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I subscribed and I have to say that the Sectionals are better quality than some of the Regionals. I particularly enjoyed the Midwestern Senior Men and Ladies.

They are going to show the Intermediate Finals (Men, Ladies and Dance) live on Saturday.

Jhar55

Medalist
I love to watch everything, and also like watching the up and comers.
Guess that answers my questions, I am going to sign up.
Shame we can't get nationals and worlds, the networks don't care to show us what we want to see.
Thanks for everyones input.